DMC 916's

92 Z71

ok so where the heck are we with these pipes??? i hate having my $$ out there and have nuthin in return

i kno we were told like the end of march so honestly where are they??

if its 2 much longer id also like a refund of my money i cant be waiting this long for pipes specially when my build is almost done and i most likely will not be using these pipes

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figure Ill wait no longer than 22 may.

If they are not at my house by then, I figure thats enough.

Then I will be tired of the promises by the manufacturer.

However they are supposed to be done before then.

And the extra week will give our Dealer 2twin 350s enough time to ship them to my house afer they recieve them from the DMC manufacturer as they were promised.

Anyone can have the other pipes.

Ill wait until then and just see if they deliver on the promise.

Im trying hard as ever to be patient, and its hard.

Yes I could have had a set of new Toomies, but when I heard those screaming DMC pipes, I had to have them.

Im in aggreance with you man.

My date in my feed up mind is 22 MAY 2009.

I feel this date is also a good date for all of us.

Maybe I just need a good tranquilizer. :down:

I called DMC again and the pipes are at the chromers and will be by then all polished, and ready to be shipped out from shipped out from DMC by the end of the week of the 15th.

This is the latest update from DMC.

If this is true then, they should arrive at 2twin 350s place by no later than 22 May and boxed up and shipped out to us to arrive at our houses by I would say the 30th.

Note: this is a lot of shipping time allowances.

Thats plenty of time to have as allowances for our stuff.

OK:

So my new deadline and total drop dead date is 30 May period.

If they dont have a tracking number to my house by then ....oh well.

I think that this is more than enough time for the processes.

Thanks Rollins for updating the thread.

I have been busy lately and no time on the PC.

I too, am frustrated with the waiting period.

But what can we do?

I am sure they will pallet drop these to me,when done.

I have boxes ready to go for shipping as soon as they get here.

I would hate to see anymore guys back out. Hopefully it is only another 3 weeks max, til you get them.

When I had Discountinued plastics and molds made,those took about 3-4 months to get going.

So these things can take a while.

I just talked to them at DMC and he is telling me 2-3 weeks until they are ready to ship.

I am with you all if they are not in my hands by the 1st of June I am gonna have to request a refund.

Also i mentioned to the sales guy that a larger order was suppose to be shipped to Ohio and he didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about.

When I told him like 10 or so sets he was like wow I am not sure we even have that many done. So I dont know.

I don't know if Tammy or Twin want to give them a call and refresh them as to how many are needed.

As for me This is kinda dumb..... I am like 5 min from DMC and I asked If mine could be picked up and he told me know if that was the case i would have to pay like 100 bucks in TAX...... which I thought was a bunch of BS. So who knows. Last time I talked to them 3 or so weeks ago they said 2-3 weeks. Also i asked if they where with the Chromer and the guy said he was not sure what stage of production they were in.

So JUNE 01 is my dead line.

I just talked to them at DMC and he is telling me 2-3 weeks until they are ready to ship.

I am with you all if they are not in my hands by the 1st of June I am gonna have to request a refund.

Also i mentioned to the sales guy that a larger order was suppose to be shipped to Ohio and he didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about.

When I told him like 10 or so sets he was like wow I am not sure we even have that many done. So I dont know.

I don't know if Tammy or Twin want to give them a call and refresh them as to how many are needed.

As for me This is kinda dumb..... I am like 5 min from DMC and I asked If mine could be picked up and he told me know if that was the case i would have to pay like 100 bucks in TAX...... which I thought was a bunch of BS. So who knows. Last time I talked to them 3 or so weeks ago they said 2-3 weeks. Also i asked if they where with the Chromer and the guy said he was not sure what stage of production they were in.

So JUNE 01 is my dead line.

im there with ya if they are not in my hands by june first twin and or tammy id like a refund!!!!!

I meant what I said.

If they havent left the DMC shop by the 15th then they will not make it by the end of the month.

So they evidently told you one thing and me another.

Im calling a manager on the 15th to see if they left the building there at DMC.

The guy I spoke to assured me the 15th was the date.

If he bullshitted/ lied to me then he can have his darned pipes and I will tell that sales manager exactly what we have been told by the DMC reps.

Because if they fail to ship out on that date then there is no way we will have them by the first of next month.

I know we wont have them and we will allready miss out on Memorial day.

I guess I will wait the extra day with all the rest of you till the first. I have to travel that previous weekend anyhow.

I doubt they will be ready by then.

Man OHHHH man

:down:

The group order from Ohio?....My company name is Cosmic Quads.

As all companies, we are assigned a Rep from Advantage, and unless you talk to MY rep, some random guy may not know what is going on with MY order. Advantage is a ruputable company, and they will fill the order. I would like to remind all of you, that you knew they were being made when you put your name on the list. These are not just hanging in stock,,,they are being made.

The Alien pipes are finished, so the 916's will follow shortly (yes, they made both, at the same time). Thats over 100 sets of pipes. And don't forget, this company makes all kinds of stuff. I know they are focusing on the new 4 stroke market. Understand, they are not going to drop all their man power from the best selling market right now, to punch out 2 stroke pipes for a machine that is no longer built.

The wait is longer than I wanted too, but I am being patient.

I don't get on this forum all that often to update this thread everyday. I just want this to be done, and install my pipes too.

We are this close, I sure as hell am not going to back out. I want my pipes.

Most of the delay, is that they had to get a Banhsee in there, to redesign the silencer mounts. The first gen. silencer mounts, always broke at the mounting area. These will be stronger, and still retain the same sound. Once they came up with the design, they had to RETOOL the machine, that presses the silencers...this is not a 5 minute process.

We have done a lot of group order like this. And they all take time. They are being redesigned. I don't think Advantage is going to screw any of us. With all of my past group orders....I have never seen people this impatient before.

Just wait till Banshee stuff gets harder to find (that day will come). You guys haven't seen it yet, but eventually there will come a time, that even the most common part for a Banshee, you will have to wait for. Once the market slows down, they take a part out of regular production, and focus on things that sell day in and day out. Then you will have to wait until there is 25 people or so, interested in the same part as you, to see them run a production line of it again.

For example: You will eventually see this with Maier plastic, Cool Heads, Clutch Bakets, radiators & etc. You may not believe me now, but 5 years down the road, you will see what I am talking about. It's the same reason you cannot walk into the Chevy dealership, and buy a part for your 74 Monte Carlo. Because there is not much call for it anymore.

Just one more example: ESR...a huge company. Has now dropped production on ATC 5 pipes. You now have to wait till 10 people want a set, before they will make them....it is coming for the shee too.

I do a lot for the 3 wheeler community, and they are thankful, that parts are being made for their vintage machines.

I can understand the frustration, but good things come to those who wait, and your patience will pay off.

Edited by ATC250Rchick

I've followed this thread since the day it was made, and it has been a good while. But like 250 chick said you guys need to be patient as they are being made for you.. I think if you signed up on the list for a set and knew you had to wait thats what you need to do instead of getting anxious or changing your mind and saying you want a refund after production has done begun.

I've followed this thread since the day it was made, and it has been a good while. But like 250 chick said you guys need to be patient as they are being made for you.. I think if you signed up on the list for a set and knew you had to wait thats what you need to do instead of getting anxious or changing your mind and saying you want a refund after production has done begun.

^^ Thank you!

We have been told many different things on expected wait times.

When the DMC company starts lieing about where they are at in the production processes and I hear form the Company rep one thing and another person is told another thing, I look at it as a reflection of business practices.

If things are that bad then they should have just made a few and sold them on the open market.

General Good business ethics are that the customer is told the truth...period.

You can do as you personally wish sir, however, I know what I was told and I am sticking to what they (DMC) told me.

Its a simple matter of them being able to deliver to meet the demand.

If thier production halts and they cannot deliver this year, then are you willing to wait the whole summer, due to back ordered parts.?

Not me, several months is plenty of time. I do not blame Tammy at all for any of this production failure.

I blame DMC.

As far as parts not being available for the Banshee in 5 years:

I do not believe this would be so; as the Banshee is being produced exactly the same for over 20 plus years and is still being made today for canada, australia, mexico, south america, south africa and europe.

If they stop making the parts then some up and comming small businessman will fill the viod.

Plastics are never a problem as most cut the fenders off anyhow, so who cares about the plastics availibility.

Laker still makes them, as do Yamaha and a few others....Yes you can still get Maiers plastics for the Honda ATC series Hondas even now. As long as those companies can still sell the plastics for 525.00 per set they will still make them, even if its in small production numbers. Large production numbers type bikes will allways have parts availibility because it relates to the supply and demand curve in the production/manufacturing process.

Also;

We all ordered the DMC-916 pipes and not the alien series pipes. So if they have put the alien series ahead of allready ordered pipes then again; another business faliure as the alien series pipes will just be placed on a shelf while the sold pipes will be or should be ratther, shipped out immediately.

The Banshee is not like the ATC series Honda where they were outlawed for production by the mothers of america.

The ATC series was also not produced in near the same numbers as the Banshee has been.

I am not worried about that statement not one bit, that is also a reason why I chose the banshee other than its the baddest Quad I ever rode. Numerous parts availibility and cheap parts are some other reasons.

Yes I am venting and rambling on and by no means mean to take it out on you guys, AT ALL.

I am just getting fed up with DMC.

Edited by R. Rollins

Interesting thread, not stealing it , but how many Banshees have been sold in the U.S. since 1987 ? BTW wish I had $ for these, son's NEW 87 still has stockers on it, sad deal, good deal on shee tho. Thanks. BTW, remember it IS a custom order, and we live in an imperfect world.

Edited by Larry's Shee

Production was Outlawed on the ATC in the USA.

Back in the late 1986 or Early 1987 I believe it was I received a letter from Honda regarding a lawsuit that was being brought on to motorcycle manufacturers. They were to halt all production of three wheeled ATC bikes worldwide due to deaths and related injuries brought upon by lawsuits past and present. They stated that they would continue to warranty and service my bike and would have a continued supply of replacement parts available.

I had at the time a Honda ATC-70 from when I was a kid , and a Honda ATC 200X that I had just bought.

I cannot for the life of my remember the name of the group that had instigated the lawsuit against the manufacturers like Honda, Dusuki , Kawasaki etc but it was contained in my letter many years ago.

I was just a young guy back then.

Back then it was common knowledge of the lawsuit and was national news at one time.

It stemmed from the instability of the vehicle when kids rode them and had no riding experience and parents would not get them to a riding course which in many instances did not exist at teh time as well.

You can probably get on a threewheeler site and find the old info on it.

NOTE: I just found an article dated in year "1988: that comes close to the letter I remember getting back in that timeframe years ago.

check it out: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...,966434,00.html

The word out on the street at the time was that the group was the same "MADD" Mothers Against Drunk Drivers group that formed the commission that started this push for the ban back then, but thats heresay unless there is visible proof that I have seen for myself.

Anyhow it really doesnt matter as this thread is really supposed to be about how our DMC-916 pipes are being shipped and how late the production of them are and how mad we customers are getting and how cool the pipes are going to be when and if we ever get them.

Edited by R. Rollins