hollisatp

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

i also bought a set of Optronics Inc lights from walmart Walmart Lights, they come with 2 MR16 50w bulbs of 24 degrees beamspread ....at the LOWES is supposed that i will find the MR16 bulbs but doing some research i found a site that sells MR16 4700k 35w from 10 degrees up to 36 degrees, i guess 10 degrees is a spot beamspread and 36 degrees is a flood beamspread....also they are supposed to be WHITE light....here is the site let me know what you think...Solux Bulbs...thanks!

i installed some of the little walmart lights andi didnt make a braket they pinched together and had no problems with them. idk if i hooked it up wrong or what but they dont have low beams just always high. and they are very bright soon as i hit the gas just a little (like just above idle) but my old lights where the same way. they work fine and are cheaper to buy a new set if u break one then to buy a lense for the stock ones and they are smaller. CHROME!!! and worke grate for a stock stator and didnt cost 200 or more bucks.

I went to walmart a got some of those lights too. not bad for the price. but they weren't bright enough.

so i decided to spice it up a lil.

I bought 4 luxeon III, 2 15deg flood lenses, 2 5 deg spot lenses, a buckpuck, a heatsink, and a switch.

long story short I converted a 50w 360lumen (29candle power)floodlight to a 12W 500lumen (40 candle power)spot/floodlight

this thing is BRIGHT!! I crammed all 4 led and lenses into the housing so 2 leds act as floods and 2 act as spots

I'll do a writeup if i end up doing the other side.

IMG00093.jpg

IMG00100.jpg

IMG00099.jpg

I went to walmart a got some of those lights too. not bad for the price. but they weren't bright enough.

so i decided to spice it up a lil.

I bought 4 luxeon III, 2 15deg flood lenses, 2 5 deg spot lenses, a buckpuck, a heatsink, and a switch.

long story short I converted a 50w 360lumen (29candle power)floodlight to a 12W 500lumen (40 candle power)spot/floodlight

this thing is BRIGHT!! I crammed all 4 led and lenses into the housing so 2 leds act as floods and 2 act as spots

I'll do a writeup if i end up doing the other side.

IMG00093.jpg

IMG00100.jpg

IMG00099.jpg

Please Please!!!! do a writup. I have a few applications that I would LOVE to convert to LED, and since you have done it, let us know EVERYTHING. I have surfire CREE LED flashlights that are amazing, and would love to have the same life, shock resistance and output charastics in a headlight that doesn't cost 500 bucks. Thanks.