Good lights the wont make me go broke?

hollisatp

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it will be a lil bit before i can. The one completed light is all siliconed and epoxied together. when i get some $ i'll order the rest of the leds and such i need and do a writeup with the other light. I for the most par followed this. i only used 2 switches. on/off and hi/low, maki everytin fit was the ard part. there is 2 switched a buckpuck, heatsink, 4 leds, and 4 lenses crammed into that lil light. its a very tight fit.

Edited by tidos76

I am getting a high powered stator, either RS or electrolux.. I wanted to know of a good set of lights that wont cost one of my nuts!

I think Im gonna convert to DC and add a battery also. If I install, do I need to constantly charge the battery using an outlet when Im not riding? Thanks!

i have no idea if this will help but here a picture of my bike with no battery and these light up the night

its has some type of box on the left side of the frame too the starter

bothshees.jpg

ok, so i baught the walmart lights, like 4 different kind. wanted to keep high and low, and that look that makes everyone call her "R/C" i went with the bullet lights, and kept the one 50watt flood, and replaced the other with a 20watt spot i already had for accents in my room. then i installed the "hid" look ones for highs. i figured that you usually only need high beams when going fast at high rpm's so i left the bulbs for now. the bullets light the muthafuckin world. just thaught u might like to knowHPIM4651.jpg

HPIM4652.jpg

well i ordered the struff to do my other light with leds. I'll do a writeup and get a parts list hopefull within the next few weeks.

yeah me too!!! LEDs are bright but use alot less power.. Id love to hook a set up under my front bumper for night riding in the dunes...

hate not being able to see the ground when Im topping a razor back..

both stators are POS, go for the ricky stator though.

The Ricky Stator's issues can be solved by upgrading the hardware it comes with. If it has philips head screws replace them with some higher grade allenhead bolts (mounting the stator to the plate). The stator itself should be fine if you get his newest version, and it is very easy to float the ground. Unfortunately a battery has nothing to do with how large of a stator you need. Every time you are not on the throttle you will be draining the battery... having a higher output stator and flywheel DOES help and I would certainly get both if your changing to HIDs.

The stock stator and flywheel will only power about 70-75 watts of lighting properly, beyond that you will run into issues. If your converting to DC then subtract even more...

nice job on the luxeon conversion, however that would jsut not be enough light for me. However if you find a way to do a conversion using Cree XRE's let me know! I have been running luxeons for several years, they are ok, but not as efficient as HID's so I don't use them for headlights. I know how bright a Quad Luxeon flashlight is as I made one that runs off Lithium batteries, they are quite suprising ;)

with XRE's aproaching HID efficiency and not having the warm up / constant current issues they would be alot less problematic on a banshee or other small vehicle with limited power source.

Edited by Justintoxicated

Just found out I can get these from a buddy of mine. I went in and checked them out. Draws .75 amps. 800 lumens of light. (has a 10 watt led in it) come in flood, spot, and euro beam patterns. Pretty in-expensive and super rugged construction. They inter lock on each other and come with a mounting base that can be put in the stock headlight location on a banshee. I saw one today in his office, and it was as bright as the hid's he sells. I am sold on them. I think I am gonna run either 3 or 4 of them. If anyone wants them, pm me.

He told me they drove a backhoe over one 3 times and it never broke, and the light in it still works. It also vibration tested ok at 20 g's.

Specifications

Dimensions 2" x 2" x 2"

Diameter 2"

Weight .25 lbs

Mounting Depth 1"

Amperage Draw .75 @ 12 Volts

Input Voltage 9 - 60 Volts DC

Housing Die-Cast Aluminum

Number of LEDs 10 Watt LED

Housing Black

Lumens 800

Watts 10