Good lights the wont make me go broke?

hollisatp

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So 1 flood and 1 spot? shouldnt i get the same bulbs?

You could, if you wanted. When you buy Trail Techs new, you get one of each. The spot is for straight out and far ahead, and the flood is for near and wide. The flood helps you get some peripheral vision. You could get 2 spot lights, but IMO one of each is better.

Anyone have close up pics of how they made wal-mart lights work with there stock mounts?

I rednecked mine. I don't have any close-ups, but all I did was run the bolt right through the mount on the light. The mount on the light fits real tight around the bolt, so it doesn't move. I've hit a few small jumps, and been through lots of rough terrain, and they never moved. I guess if you wanted to, you could do what I did, and put spacers in there. Just so you can tighten it down real good. You can pick up spacers at the hardware store, and just cut them to length.

I rednecked mine. I don't have any close-ups, but all I did was run the bolt right through the mount on the light. The mount on the light fits real tight around the bolt, so it doesn't move. I've hit a few small jumps, and been through lots of rough terrain, and they never moved. I guess if you wanted to, you could do what I did, and put spacers in there. Just so you can tighten it down real good. You can pick up spacers at the hardware store, and just cut them to length.

Got it that makes more since.

I was thinking about getting the walmart lights as well since I want to paint them black there is no point in spending bucks on chrome.

anyway, how do they wire up? Can I use the old plug off of my stock lights so that they can still be taken off easily?

I assume they are DC lights but isnt our stator AC?

What all has to be done?

thanks

I was thinking about getting the walmart lights as well since I want to paint them black there is no point in spending bucks on chrome.

anyway, how do they wire up? Can I use the old plug off of my stock lights so that they can still be taken off easily?

I assume they are DC lights but isnt our stator AC?

What all has to be done?

thanks

Halogens can be ran on 12v ac or dc.

I got a set identical to what wal mart sells, shit, they may have been from there actually, but they worked shitty cause they were 55w. anyway, the left side broke and i didnt have high and low beam, just one setting. that didnt bother me too mcuh though just because they are always on high. i rigged them up flawlessly and they must have just been too chinsey to hold up to bumps and rocks and shit...

thats my 2 cents

cool thanks guys,

I figure for 15 bucks and 10 for the bulbs I cant really go wrong. Even if they break in a year I dont care, way less expensive than the name brand shit.

I think I will give them a try with the 35w bulbs in them.

MR16 I believe are the bulbs and you can get them off ebay for like 10 for 10 plus shipping.... I got the Leds on the way but dont think they are going to be bright enough for me. but oh well... Whats $10 on 10 bulbs....5 spot and 5 flood!!!! Ill buy them before I break down and buy the trailtecs again.. $350 but lifetime which is nice. Im on my sec pair from them on my raptor. But my lights from CheckerAuto are almost as bright!!!