Good lights the wont make me go broke?

hollisatp

I am getting a high powered stator, either RS or electrolux.. I wanted to know of a good set of lights that wont cost one of my nuts!

I think Im gonna convert to DC and add a battery also. If I install, do I need to constantly charge the battery using an outlet when Im not riding? Thanks!

Edited by hollisatp

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wal-Mart has a set of lights that look just like the Trail Tech's, in the car section. They come in 55w, and use the same exact bulbs that Trail Tech's use. The housing is chromed plastic, just like the Trail Tech's. The only difference is, they have a mount that comes off the bottom for a bolt to go through, but you would have to make an adapter for a Banshee. Wal-Mart lights are $30.

Ok. Would it be better to run a 100W stator? And will that charge a battery? Is that 100w split between the spark also? Or is that only the power for lights.

The stators that have two output wires like the 250w model, are there any 125w mr16? Or is it just made for a set of 4 light to run together. I just don't want to over pay for a stator if I'm gonna run a battery. Anyone have a good set of HIDs they can recomend?

WALMART LIGHTS 16 DOLLARS LOL... Bright as hell!!! I just need to make a mount for them... I might cut the stock light holder off and make a bracket for the new 1's... working on the bitch 2nite..

All the money you spending in that bike and you buy $16 lights for the glamis trip... You cheap bastard..... :banghead: lol

If you run a 200w-250w stator, you can only run about 125w or 150w in lights. Anymore than that and they will be too dim unless the bike is revved up all the way towards max rpm.

Do some searches on here and gain some knowledge. It doesn't seem like you know what you want to do yet, so I would not rush into a decision if I were you. It takes some time to do a dc conversion, make it look nice, and get everything in there safe and secure. Its not a job you want to rush.