At what point is a Banshee no longer a banshee?

Is this still considered a banshee? it has 3 jugs, 3 carbs, 3 pipes ?

triple-bike-mag-pic-web-rea.jpg

Nope, that is a wet dream. that bike is sick looking

in my opinion.. it needs to retain the stock chassis, cases and use banshee based pistons to called a true banshee..

Based on that criteria, every bike with a cub is no longer a banshee. I would say once you go as far as to add cylinders or change the motor all together its no longer a banshee.

PS. fouledout, i dont know what it is, but your bike is one of my favorites. I love the stance. who's frame is that?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, that is a wet dream. that bike is sick looking

Based on that criteria, every bike with a cub is no longer a banshee. I would say once you go as far as to add cylinders or change the motor all together its no longer a banshee.

PS. fouledout, i dont know what it is, but your bike is one of my favorites. I love the stance. who's frame is that?

My chassis was built by Paul Zigeilbaur aka Ziggy.

Thats a stink bug with a banshee motor in it.

J/K Shayne!!

I feel that anything that is still based from the 2 cylinder banshee motor that uses Banshee chassis components is still considered a banhsee. By chassis components I mean swingarm, axle, hubs, brakes, etc.

I do not look at 3 and 4 cylinder full drag bikes as banshees. Even though they may use banshee based transmissions and clutches, there is nothing else banshee about them. Thats why they are called "triples and quads".

Some interesting responses, I got to thinking the other day..Their is nothing left on my bike that hasn't been modded or replaced from its original state... except for the rear brake caliper.. lol

If you put a corvette motor into a dune buggy... is it still a Corvette?

To what extent of motor mods is the motor still banshee based? Does it need to retain the stock cases? can cases be modified?

in my opinion.. it needs to retain the stock chassis, cases and use banshee based pistons to called a true banshee..

yeah..... i'm sure there is a loop hole somewhere in there but.... what can you do?

i think aftermarket jugs, cases, and crank etc are fine and should still be considered a shee. with all the aftermarket parts available how can you blame someone for swapping inferior parts for stronger, faster parts?

I do not look at 3 and 4 cylinder full drag bikes as banshees. Even though they may use banshee based transmissions and clutches, there is nothing else banshee about them. Thats why they are called "triples and quads".

That is the important thing to remember. If you get discouraged about whether or not it is or it isnt. Just call it what it is. "Banshee based". So a full chromoly stretched tube chassis with a huge swingarm and a stock stroke, stock cylinder motor with drag pipes is a.......?

Also. Same goes for cars. If I take a 1969 Camaro and put a full tube chassis in it with full size tubs and 1 racing bucket. Powered by a Chevy based 702 stroker motor on methanol and nitrous. What is it?

That is the important thing to remember. If you get discouraged about whether or not it is or it isnt. Just call it what it is. "Banshee based". So a full chromoly stretched tube chassis with a huge swingarm and a stock stroke, stock cylinder motor with drag pipes is a.......?

Also. Same goes for cars. If I take a 1969 Camaro and put a full tube chassis in it with full size tubs and 1 racing bucket. Powered by a Chevy based 702 stroker motor on methanol and nitrous. What is it?

2GU; 3GG, cub, cheetah, pv, etc. still banshee motor, if twin. i would call the first one a drag bike with yamaha powerplant. the second is an abomination when you can order an aftermarket camaro body, build a frame and put a motor in it, and still call it a camaro-based dragster. no need to hack a vauable piece for some exterior sheetmetal i have 69 firebird which is a rebuild, and a 67 that is so far gone that it needs to be modded. 326 4 speed original -no, that's not a typo or mistake like everyone tries to tell me; its a pontiac motor, not the chev 327. it really killed me to make the choice :banghead:

i guess i'm being overly passionate about it, but you asked.....sorry

Edited by AKheathen

I guess the line then is upgrades vs. configuration changes. Putting on strong rims and grippier tires are upgrades, but does a 4 mil deal negate it still being a Banshee?

imo no, dropping a 400 crank in a 355 to make a 383 doesn't change the montecarlo into something else, but turning it into a funny car does

To be a true Banshee it needs that unique shape of radiator cover, 2-stroke, twin cylinder.

The soul and spirit of THE Banshee will die right after when you make it 4-stroke and/or replace that "square" front-look.

(sorry my bad english - I

welcome pasi. i like em in milkcrates, dresser drawers, rubbermaid bins, chromoly frames, cubs, cheetas, strokers, stockers.together, apart,blown up, running. whatever. banshee based. i eat drink, sleep, breath these fuckin things. harder to kick than heroin.thumpers are thumpers. i always come back to a banshee.

The radiator cover & 2 stroke engine producin` that wicked ass sound, should definately be kept alive...

Everyone shall hear her before & and once shee`s in sight they`ll say " That`s a Banshee" :)))

From my point of view a Banshee is a pure unsung hero, a legend not willing to die...And everyone trying to take her dignity away with a another bloody 4 stroke engine or a gay ass craptor plastics, shall fook off right away :evil: