dodge challenger

sa3ood_banshee

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait for the camaro , it will not only look better but will flat out smoke the challenger srt8 . the weight alone helps the maro but also having more hp and a better 6 speed manual or 6 speed auto option , even with the 6 speed auto on the maro its still fast .

I thought the Camaro's are using an LS3 Inspired engine? Both the Camaro and Challenger are rated for 420-425HP. Sure they will put down lower in true numbers, but I don't think the HP is really that different between the two. And yea the Camaro is a few hundred pounds lighter, but it's all in real world tests. Can't go buy estimate ponies, estimate masses, etc.

Either way I have seen the Challengers run and they flat out haul.

I sell them new here in Michigan.... The 6.1L is definetely the better motor. If you are trying to stay somewhat practical, then go with the 5.7L as you will get the lifetime warranty from Dodge. With minimal mods you can boost the 5.7 HP to that of the 6.1.

In terms of the transmission choice, go with the manual. The A/T will still make for a fun car, but if you want to realize the full potential of either engine, go with the optional 6 speed.

wait for the camaro , it will not only look better but will flat out smoke the challenger srt8 . the weight alone helps the maro but also having more hp and a better 6 speed manual or 6 speed auto option , even with the 6 speed auto on the maro its still fast .

Flat out smoke the challenger? Think you have been flat out smokin the greens..

IF and thats a big IF.. If the "maro" does out perform the Challenger I doubt by any streatch of the imagination could you use the term "flat out smoke".. Bet that 6.1 manual with someone who could drive atleast decent would be quite the challenge.. And I TOTALY disagree about the looks.. Unless they have changed the design up once again on the Camaro I don't even consider the looks of the camaro close to the Chall.. The body lines and features used by chrysler were spot on while building this car.. I actually think ford did quite a good job aswell of pulling in the old school look. Chev on the other hand didn't look as well redesigned..

RIPPEN

i will put money on the camaro beating the challenger and i do agree it wont smoke it with the ls3 but the ls3 will be limited in years to come. i guess its all in your opinion then on looks i think chevy did a better job with using the old school look as well as integrating a new look . imo the challenger has alot of the old look and not so much new.

you drive your challenger and ill drive my camaro. maybe we will see each other at the track!

i will put money on the camaro beating the challenger and i do agree it wont smoke it with the ls3 but the ls3 will be limited in years to come. i guess its all in your opinion then on looks i think chevy did a better job with using the old school look as well as integrating a new look . imo the challenger has alot of the old look and not so much new.

you drive your challenger and ill drive my camaro. maybe we will see each other at the track!

That won't happen.. Iam way to broke for any of the three.. :down:

I just thought your assesment was a bit missleading and exagerated.. Otherwise I agree, it mostly all comes down to opinion..

RIPPEN

I drive by the dodge dealer every morning on my way home from work. It is taking every ounce of will power i have to not stop in and drive off with the challenger they have had sitting out there for the last several weeks. As far as power plant and trans goes. My personal rule is always buy the biggest motor they have available and alway get a manual if it is available, no matter what im buying, but everybody has their opinions.

I drive by the dodge dealer every morning on my way home from work. It is taking every ounce of will power i have to not stop in and drive off with the challenger they have had sitting out there for the last several weeks. As far as power plant and trans goes. My personal rule is always buy the biggest motor they have available and alway get a manual if it is available, no matter what im buying, but everybody has their opinions.

Thats what i always say!! why waste time with the smaller engine. as for the camaro and challenger, my money is on the camaro. the SRT8 bad boy challenger runs 13.80s and I'm pretty sure those camaro will be dipping into the mid/low 12s.

Even with the new and much better automatic trans and traction control available on these you think the 6 speed stick is better for performance? Interesting...

I'm sure a professional driver can make the best use out of the 6 speed...

That's what I was thinking...

The sticks will probably feel like the car is more powerful, but the auto's might run faster times, have quicker acceleration IMO :geek:

Edited by Dinner