Vapor Trail Tech

BansheeRider87

• 3 weeks later...
tell him he has to change the Pulses per Revolution (PPR) to 2.0

i've been thinking about one of these myself. i emailed a dealer and asked about the back light and warning lights and the reply stated that without a full 12 volt system (including a battery) the lights won't work. for those of you running off the stator, do your warning and back lights work? or just strictly your gauges? thanks

i've been thinking about one of these myself. i emailed a dealer and asked about the back light and warning lights and the reply stated that without a full 12 volt system (including a battery) the lights won't work. for those of you running off the stator, do your warning and back lights work? or just strictly your gauges? thanks

yes warning lights, backlight and gauges work. find a "hot" wire. i wired mine in to the headlight switch. before the switch so its on all the time when the shee is running. find the wire coming in to the switch, not one going out to the headlights. cant remember which color it is but its not that hard.

yes warning lights, backlight and gauges work. find a "hot" wire. i wired mine in to the headlight switch. before the switch so its on all the time when the shee is running. find the wire coming in to the switch, not one going out to the headlights. cant remember which color it is but its not that hard.

perfect. thanks for the response. i just picked up a 2000 Banshee in December and have been researching this unit after seeing it on ebay. I've had/have street bikes and sleds, but nothing like this. All of my units have tachs on them so test driving this thing with no previous riding comparison was interesting. I'll definitely get one of theses units. the temperature sensor is another huge plus for me with my limited experience on banshees. the yfz450 front shock changeover looks like a good idea too. not a huge guy but at 200+ lbs decked out, i would likely appreciate the added travel. The buddy i bought it from said the stock suspension is not terribly durable and the closer i stay to the ground, the better. Great site guys. looking forward to more mods and tips.

• 2 months later...
I have a vapor trailtech. I have trouble with temp gauge (not run). Anyone have this problem. Where you have installed the sensor?

How to set the temperature gauge?

thank you

i got one, ive sent it back once already and now the speed/distance stuff doesnt work and neither does the temp, the things junk after about 6 months to a year