Cheetah Pipes

smuttdawg

DYNO NUMBERS ARE BULLSHIT!!!!

no dyno is the same, unless you see two bikes run back to back on the same dyno with no changes to the settings then it's all bullshit and not acurate. there is no industry standard for dyno set up so you are basing your opinion on the parameters set by the guy running the software on the dyno.

unless all the setting's for the run are posted so you can compare tire sizes and whatnot then you have no idea if your comparing apples to apples or apples to oranges. dyno numbers are generaly just a tool for guys to beat there chest and a. try and say there bike is better than yours or b. used as tool to try and prove that there way of thinking is correct (as in this thread) unless said person actualy shows up and does that 300 foot pass or pulls out of that treeshot then it's all just window dressing. i have a little stock stroke ported 350 bike but i could photoshop you a dyno sheet that shows it making 180 hp at 4500 rpm if i wanted to...

not saying anyone's dyno sheets are b.s. just saying the proof is in the pudding so to speak...

i believe this is one of the stupidest comments i have read yet on the entire site.everyone i know including myself reasons for using a dyno is to TUNE.no matter if one dyno run compares to a different dyno run.so i guess everyone that has used a dyno or has their set up dynoed has wasted their money and time.this also means a dyno isn't a good method for tuning.ok i run my bike on a dyno and i get horse power and torque readings.then i adjust some things and make another dyno run.the second dyno run produces more torque and more horse power.alright i guess this is the time where i would beat on my chest because i have established that my bike is making more horse power and torque, but it don't mean nothing that i have a higher number right.if it didnt mean anything why did i get a lower number b 4 adjustments.every one that has a dyno get rid of it ,there inaccurate and the DYNO NUMBERS ARE BULLSHIT!!!!

this is fucked up to me because i was always under the impression that a dyno was to tune and to put you wheels in a environment perfect for tuning purposes.not to mention that is kinds hard to actually see what your bike is doing at 100mph and right then to see where you may need to make changes.

now as far as rest of this post/argument goes.if the set up work for someone fine

but if it is working so well why the fuck are they asking people here for their opinion just for you to put down the answers they were asking for.from what i read and i read it all.every comment made was opinions and what people have tried and what they thought its purpose was intended to do.they were given a opinion then would say you don't know what the fuck your talking about,well if the people here don't know what the fuck their talking about, why would they ask for their opinion in the first place.

everyone has a opinion this is one of mine.

thats the point! dyno's are supposed to be used to test and tune your set up and get it to run to the best of it's ability.

but more often than not the dyno is used as a referance of how one persons bike is better than anothers or it's used to try and prove one individuals point.

every time some ass is trying to show why his bike is gods gift or that the set up there claiming is better than whatever set up there saying sucks instantly the dyno sheets start getting splashed around as if there un-disputable proof and should be viewed as the gosphel!

if your using a dyno to get your bike tuned then your using it for it's intended purpose.

if your trying to hammer home a point your trying to make using a dyno sheet then it's nothing but a bullshit number because unless everyone on the net uses the same dyno with the same software with some sort of "industry standard" for set up peramiters then no comparison will be equal. it's all just a benchmark for whoevers bike on x dyno.

toss that bike in your truck and take it to 5 shops and dyno it and you will get 5 different numbers so imo posting a dyno number is a moot point. you can say your bike pulled 100 hp@7000 rpm and i can say mine ran 110@7000. bottom line is unless we both ran our bikes on the same dyno at the same time theres no benchmark to compare the two against so imo, DYNO NUMBERS ARE BULLSHIT!

and it realy doesnt matter, a bike can do 150 hp on a dyno all day long but if the rider is a douch he will get spanked all day by a guy on a 80 hp bike all day long. hence the whole "proof is in the pudding" comment.

and all you guys from the right coast saying you've ridden sand so you can relate, where exactly have you ridden? silver lake? the 50 square yards of beach front sand your buddies dad has?

i guess my problem with all you guy's is that your trying to tell us left coasters how it is based on your limited experiance on your local sand flats. i'm not telling you how to build a bike for the track, i'm not telling you how to build a bike for right coast trails but you guys are positive you know how we should be building our bikes out west even though you have no clue what we ride in.

you can watch all the videos you want but until you bring your bike here and ride it's all just an opinion.

the day i decide to build a bike to run in detroit/new york/kentucky or wherever back east on dirt i'll ask your opinion on a set up but untill you move out here and start building bikes to run on the dunes then all your comments are just opinions to me.

none of you asses have made a post like "i have never ridden out west but from what i've experianced out here riding the sand we have i would reccomend blah blah blah.."

you guys wouldnt do that because you guys know it all and are so fuckin smart you can tell people what they should be doing even though you have no practical knowledge of there riding area or what there bike does! who cares if you've never seen there bike run, you are so damn smart you can tell it runs like shit just by reading there reply. god damn, maybe i can bank a bunch of posts, make me a groovy pic for my sig, imply i'm a bike building god and get a bunch of followers then i can tell everyone how it is regardless if i actualy know or not.

if your new to the site i can treat you like shit or just wait for one of my site buddies to start something then jump in to back them up. screw trying to be a calm intelligent poster who posts there opinion but stays neutral and lets it ride. i'll just tell everyone i know it all because i'm the shit and i've got a bunch of my cronies who think there the shit also to back me up...

if you go back and look the original question was...

Anybody ever run T-5's or FMF's on their Cheetah? I have Cpi's on my 4mill and was thinking about trying something different.

dajogejr, your first post on this thread was less than informative to the topic. all you did was jump on the bash fest twords wiz by quoting his post then tearing into him. let me refresh your memory...

What planet are you on? The Cheetah was one of the original drag aftermarket cylinders. The cubs are based on them, but allow for stock banshee pipes, head and intake to be bolted on.

Show me a single port job out there that has triple exhaust and is meant for MX or trail style riding. These cylinders are meant for hill shooting and drag racing, period. To tell yourself otherwise is foolish.

Putting T5s on a cub motor is like putting a an exhaust manifold, catalytic converter and full 2 inch exhaust on a top fuel dragster motor. It makes no sense.

And yes, I've owed a 4 mil cub, currently own a 10 mil cub, ran the 4 mil on gas with T5 pipes and stock carbs while my Shearer/RDZ inframes and 35PWKs were on order... I've run CPI and Shearer on my 10 mil as well. So I think I know what I'm talking about.

You can add compression and timing to bring the power spread down a little in the RPM range. Too much compression and timing will sacrifice overrev and top end....however.

Calvin made these cylinders as a cheaper alternative to the Cheetah Cylinders and to use stock banshee parts.

If he wanted these to be a trail/MX cylinder...tell me why he didn't put a powervalve in the cub motor? Because at Max RPM you don't need a powervalve...it's all the way open.

i could be wrong but thats a great way for such a knowledgable/ stand up representitive of this site to conduct themselves.

could have said what mattered...

i personaly feel that Putting T5s on a cub motor is like putting a an exhaust manifold, catalytic converter and full 2 inch exhaust on a top fuel dragster motor. It makes no sense.

I've owed a 4 mil cub, currently own a 10 mil cub, ran the 4 mil on gas with T5 pipes and stock carbs while my Shearer/RDZ inframes and 35PWKs were on order... I've run CPI and Shearer on my 10 mil as well. So I realy think you'd be better off with cpi's or shearers. those are the pipes that have preformed best for me with my set up's...

but as i said before, it's so much easier to take the low road and bash everyone because your so much smarter than everyone!!!

yay! you like spaghetti!! yay!!!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just dont get it.

The guy was complaining that he cant deal with the mid range loss caused by running CPI or Shearer pipes, but yet he is running a drag ported cylinder that doesnt have a mid range.

and no, you just dont get it.

he's saying he doesn't like the midrange loss from the big bore pipes and several people are trying to give him some options to bring his power band down and get some more useable mid range but you and the rest are telling him he has a drag ported cylinder so he's stupid for asking.

as far as you guys are concerned there are no options and if he try's any of the options suggested he's a tard because he's only castrating his engine.

nobody even bothered to ask what kind of riding he does, nobody ever asked if he was willing to loose overall hp to get some more mid range out of his set up.

in fact, from what i saw nobody even said he needed to post more info untill like 5 pages in.

everyone jumped on the bandwaggon of "unless your trying to make the max hp your engines capable of producing then your a douch" maybe he didnt care about max hp and just wanted some ideas about gaining more mid...

it realy doesnt matter anymore anyway cause it's obvious he's not coming back to get any advice from this thread and i dont blame him....

if i posted a question only to have everyone tell me i was stupid for wanting to do something i wouldnt come back either...

Edited by swrbansheeboy

thats the point! dyno's are supposed to be used to test and tune your set up and get it to run to the best of it's ability.

but more often than not the dyno is used as a referance of how one persons bike is better than anothers or it's used to try and prove one individuals point.

every time some ass is trying to show why his bike is gods gift or that the set up there claiming is better than whatever set up there saying sucks instantly the dyno sheets start getting splashed around as if there un-disputable proof and should be viewed as the gosphel!

if your using a dyno to get your bike tuned then your using it for it's intended purpose.

if your trying to hammer home a point your trying to make using a dyno sheet then it's nothing but a bullshit number because unless everyone on the net uses the same dyno with the same software with some sort of "industry standard" for set up peramiters then no comparison will be equal. it's all just a benchmark for whoevers bike on x dyno.

toss that bike in your truck and take it to 5 shops and dyno it and you will get 5 different numbers so imo posting a dyno number is a moot point. you can say your bike pulled 100 hp@7000 rpm and i can say mine ran 110@7000. bottom line is unless we both ran our bikes on the same dyno at the same time theres no benchmark to compare the two against so imo, DYNO NUMBERS ARE BULLSHIT!

and it realy doesnt matter, a bike can do 150 hp on a dyno all day long but if the rider is a douch he will get spanked all day by a guy on a 80 hp bike all day long. hence the whole "proof is in the pudding" comment.

and all you guys from the right coast saying you've ridden sand so you can relate, where exactly have you ridden? silver lake? the 50 square yards of beach front sand your buddies dad has?

i guess my problem with all you guy's is that your trying to tell us left coasters how it is based on your limited experiance on your local sand flats. i'm not telling you how to build a bike for the track, i'm not telling you how to build a bike for right coast trails but you guys are positive you know how we should be building our bikes out west even though you have no clue what we ride in.

you can watch all the videos you want but until you bring your bike here and ride it's all just an opinion.

the day i decide to build a bike to run in detroit/new york/kentucky or wherever back east on dirt i'll ask your opinion on a set up but untill you move out here and start building bikes to run on the dunes then all your comments are just opinions to me.

none of you asses have made a post like "i have never ridden out west but from what i've experianced out here riding the sand we have i would reccomend blah blah blah.."

you guys wouldnt do that because you guys know it all and are so fuckin smart you can tell people what they should be doing even though you have no practical knowledge of there riding area or what there bike does! who cares if you've never seen there bike run, you are so damn smart you can tell it runs like shit just by reading there reply. god damn, maybe i can bank a bunch of posts, make me a groovy pic for my sig, imply i'm a bike building god and get a bunch of followers then i can tell everyone how it is regardless if i actualy know or not.

if your new to the site i can treat you like shit or just wait for one of my site buddies to start something then jump in to back them up. screw trying to be a calm intelligent poster who posts there opinion but stays neutral and lets it ride. i'll just tell everyone i know it all because i'm the shit and i've got a bunch of my cronies who think there the shit also to back me up...

if you go back and look the original question was...

dajogejr, your first post on this thread was less than informative to the topic. all you did was jump on the bash fest twords wiz by quoting his post then tearing into him. let me refresh your memory...

i could be wrong but thats a great way for such a knowledgable/ stand up representitive of this site to conduct themselves.

could have said what mattered...

but as i said before, it's so much easier to take the low road and bash everyone because your so much smarter than everyone!!!

yay! you like spaghetti!! yay!!!

first of all your last post dyno numbers are bullshit.ok with out those numbers how will we know what needs to be adjusted or what changes need to be made. to improve the performance of the unit which is in question,not only can you dyno to get performance but also for economical purposes,like better fuel economy.anyway until i quoted you dyno numbers were bullshit and were only for show one mans bike was better than the others or whatever.no where did i see you explain where the numbers were useful in any fashion besides the fact that they were for someone to show off their numbers beat on their chest and say im the man.there are also other good uses for a dyno that i see you have failed to mention this time around while your half ass agreeing with me since i quoted you.all the new fuel injection bikes,a dyno is the best tuning tool for remapping and dialing in the new computer stuff.also i have found is the best method for dialing in turbo's.

as far as rest of the disagreements on this whole thread,its everybody's opinion mine your and everybody else's opinions.if we all didnt have different opinions we wouldn't have anything to talk about. wouldn't have a need for bansheehq.im sorry everybody's disagrees with what has been posted hear on this particular thread.the guys here where giving there opinions on what they though and when they couldn't change their minds on their thoughts, they got mad about it.just maybe by chance there is a better way to achieve what they want,instead of what they are trying to do.not every one here drag races so there are many different opinions to be shared.there is a shit load of knowledge on this site and the people here do their best to help each other.i hope you find some insight here as well even though not every one is going to agree 100% of the time.

first of all your last post dyno numbers are bullshit.ok with out those numbers how will we know what needs to be adjusted or what changes need to be made. to improve the performance of the unit which is in question,not only can you dyno to get performance but also for economical purposes,like better fuel economy.anyway until i quoted you dyno numbers were bullshit and were only for show one mans bike was better than the others or whatever.no where did i see you explain where the numbers were useful in any fashion besides the fact that they were for someone to show off their numbers beat on their chest and say im the man.there are also other good uses for a dyno that i see you have failed to mention this time around while your half ass agreeing with me since i quoted you.all the new fuel injection bikes,a dyno is the best tuning tool for remapping and dialing in the new computer stuff.also i have found is the best method for dialing in turbo's.

as far as rest of the disagreements on this whole thread,its everybody's opinion mine your and everybody else's opinions.if we all didnt have different opinions we wouldn't have anything to talk about. wouldn't have a need for bansheehq.im sorry everybody's disagrees with what has been posted hear on this particular thread.the guys here where giving there opinions on what they though and when they couldn't change their minds on their thoughts, they got mad about it.just maybe by chance there is a better way to achieve what they want,instead of what they are trying to do.not every one here drag races so there are many different opinions to be shared.there is a shit load of knowledge on this site and the people here do their best to help each other.i hope you find some insight here as well even though not every one is going to agree 100% of the time.

to be totaly honest dirt, after i made the dyno post i realized that i should have added that if a dyno is being used to test and tune then it was the proper use v.s. what i was referancing about people using dyno numbers for bragging rights.

i tried to edit the post but apparently this site only gives you about 2 minuits to edit so i just figured i'd let it ride. i dont like to edit anyway, if i f-ed up then i deserve to get called on it and you did.

my bad.

as for everyone having an opinion i agree.

i just get agitated when i see someone post there opinion then it gets followed up by a bunch of bash posts. imo it makes those who view these threads with a different view of the majority posters reluctant to post there opinions for fear of being bashed as well.

i think all the forums i visit are here to spread knowledge and ideas so those who have questions can get some insite or different views from what they have and once a thread turns negative then that poster will more than likely leave the thread.

i am far from innocent when it comes to a thread taking a turn for the worse but most of the time many others have set the standard long before i jump on the sinking ship....

to be totaly honest dirt, after i made the dyno post i realized that i should have added that if a dyno is being used to test and tune then it was the proper use v.s. what i was referancing about people using dyno numbers for bragging rights.

i tried to edit the post but apparently this site only gives you about 2 minuits to edit so i just figured i'd let it ride. i dont like to edit anyway, if i f-ed up then i deserve to get called on it and you did.

my bad.

as for everyone having an opinion i agree.

i just get agitated when i see someone post there opinion then it gets followed up by a bunch of bash posts. imo it makes those who view these threads with a different view of the majority posters reluctant to post there opinions for fear of being bashed as well.

i think all the forums i visit are here to spread knowledge and ideas so those who have questions can get some insite or different views from what they have and once a thread turns negative then that poster will more than likely leave the thread.

i am far from innocent when it comes to a thread taking a turn for the worse but most of the time many others have set the standard long before i jump on the sinking ship....

dude i have no problem with you what so ever.no one here is perfect,like i said not every one is not going to agree 100% of the time.

im here for the same reasons as most,for the information,and everything else that revolves around it.i just jumped in where i had some disagreements not that i completely disagree with you.im far from knowing everything but i intake as much as possible in the areas im interested in, or that catch my attention.to me and i may be wrong, seems like you jumped in to this thread to defend what has been discussed in this thread.i don't have a problem with that.just because you believe something doesnt mean it applies to me and others.im sure alot of what i think wont apply to you or others.this is what i have tried to explain to you in the last post .opinions are what makes all the discussion.apparently in this particular thread there are more that disagree than agree with what has been discussed.

Ok...I omit

"dude...what planet are you on" from my original statement.

No shit Dyno numbers are bullshit...but my point was to show the curve...not the number.

I could care less about the number. I ride a track. My shit gets proven with lights and timers...not dyno numbers.

For the type of riding that can only be found in Oregon, you'd want a more linear power band...not one that spikes so violently, I don't care if the HP number is 20 or 200.

and no, you just dont get it.

he's saying he doesn't like the midrange loss from the big bore pipes and several people are trying to give him some options to bring his power band down and get some more useable mid range but you and the rest are telling him he has a drag ported cylinder so he's stupid for asking.

as far as you guys are concerned there are no options and if he try's any of the options suggested he's a tard because he's only castrating his engine.

nobody even bothered to ask what kind of riding he does, nobody ever asked if he was willing to loose overall hp to get some more mid range out of his set up.

in fact, from what i saw nobody even said he needed to post more info untill like 5 pages in.

everyone jumped on the bandwaggon of "unless your trying to make the max hp your engines capable of producing then your a douch" maybe he didnt care about max hp and just wanted some ideas about gaining more mid...

So why not use a ported stock cylinder that will have a better midrange?

I tell you where it went wrong. A self proclaimed banshee pro started it by dissing a member for "being in the game this long and not knowing what is going on". I will give him credit for saying he was sorry.

Then in another post about "welding the ball and rod" he says that he has never ever herd of this happining. He doesnt see how it is even possible.

You would think that an avid banshee owner that has had a banshee for 20+ years would have herd of this happining. I am not saying happining to him, but just hearing about it. He claims to hang out with all the big NW builders. They bring up cascade as one of them. The funny thing is, cascade makes a pancake berring mod to keep this form happining. You would think it might have came up at least once in a conversation.

Sorry man when you havent herd of the ball and rod welding, then recomend t5's for a cub I am not buying it.

Geeze was that last post about me?....it is ok you can call me out I am a big boy and can defend myself.... Not that I need to at this point. No matter what I say the head honchos think I am a dumbass and a dick allready..

The first thing you mentioned I take full credit for. I did say something smartassed about 2001banshee not knowing what case porting was about, It was a joke I had read alot of posts on here before i posted anything. I had seen he was pretty knowelgable on banshees. and made an assumtion that he would get it and I was wrong. I did appologize to him and we shared a PM about it also.

I have heard of the ball and rod weld job although I have never seen it or experienced it. The post was made along the lines of I don't understand how it happens so much or what "actually" causes it, seems to me that rider error would cause it more than anything else. In the said topic that this comment was refered to I believe the person said the pulled a banshee for like 3 miles after something broke in the clutch or tranny, the whole time they pulled the bike they had the clutch pulled in and that cause the ball to weld. My rider error point fits here, why not just pull the chain off the rear sprocket? Please somebody give me an example of the "ball weld" happeneing to THEM and what they think caused it I am curious.

You are correct I have hung out with MANY of the NW largest builders, and I feel some of the best, while I do not agree with the practices of all of them, Cascade being one of the largest, to tell you the truth I don't like Cascade, I have used them as an example on this thread (with my point going un-noticed as usuall, all I got was they build pretty bikes not one comment on how well there bikes run with the set-ups they run but I understand you have never seen them run) several of my friends and myself have been treated very poorly by them since Tim took over. But I do respect what they accomplished in the busniess and they build very pretty bikes that run 2nd to none in the play world, it was a much better place when Kevin owned it.

While I am not sure if Cascade pioneered the pancake bearing set-up they have pushed it more than any other along with many other things they have built and sold for a long time like billet products, paul turner pipes and the single carb set-up. I see this pancake bearing thing as a good busniess ploy, make people believe they need it and the problem it fixes. Make it sound like a huge problem or a performance gain, resonably priced and it will be a sure seller. Not unlike thousands of other products out there. (I got a whole box of boost bottles for sale) It is all about marketing and making people think that is what they need.

Booker I don't care what you buy I am not trying to sell anything or here to impress you or anyone. Have simply stated what has worked for ME, where I ride and how I ride and would recomend it to anyone with simalar circumstances...

But you know what they say "Oppinions are like assholes, everyone has one"

Booker I don't care what you buy I am not trying to sell anything or here to impress you or anyone. Have simply stated what has worked for ME, where I ride and how I ride and would recomend it to anyone with simalar circumstances...

But you know what they say "Oppinions are like assholes, everyone has one"

That is cool. That last post wasnt really supose to be an atack. It was supose to be an explination to what led up to the (you clearly have the wong cylinders sitting on top of your cases) comment that got this big ball rolling.

It was more or less inteded to be a jab to see how you responded. I just figured you flipped 2001 some crap so I would fip some your way.

josh

his whole thread has been about attacks. and I am not innocent, I am as strong willed as anyone and belive I am as correct as the next guy. To be honest it is SAD that it came to the point it has. I have gotten Several PM's from people I do not know or have ever spoken to that have commented on seeing some of the points I have brought up and are intrested in what I have accomplished with my set-up but are afraid to post anything in here because of being attacked as being stupid by the "powers that be". I do not know if that is the image they are wanting to portray but that is what is comming off. Like Bansheeboy stated in his posts there could have been better ways of saying things without causing an argument, I again state I was not innocent but not only my fault.

Cheers

Hi at All,

as to this topic I would tell you my experiences with a 421cc cub motor from another maybe interesting perspective. This motor works in my RZ 350 motorbike and long time I was afraid that this motor produces too much peak power. The background is that I live in Germany where we have very much traffic and a lot of curves. So its absolute necessary to ride a controllable motor that produces smooth power. So I started to run the cub with stock carbs, stock airbox and Jolly Moto pipes (they are known for their peak power on Twostrokers). The result was astonishing because I had no problems to manage the motor. I could run this bike in the city and also on the highway. The torque was amazing and always better than my RZ-YPVS-Cylinders. In summer I testet the bike at the dyno and it produced 74hp at the crank. I know many RZ's with more power (till 88hp) but they rev much more higher and loose a lot of torque at lower revs. Their bikes are really fast but how long? Sometimes their bearings break after less kilometer because of the high revs (12000 +). My bike has max.power at 8800rpm and I don't want much more. For me it's important to get the best cylinder filling at "normal" revs. Within the next days I try 35 Keihin Carbs, Twister Intakes and K&N Pods cause I want a little more power. I hope the motor won't become too peaky but I will keep you informed. If yes it's time for a Cheetah-Cylinder :biggrin:. My friends bike with Cheetah-Cylinders produces 100hp at 9200rpm.The power curve is nearly perfect.

So my personal result is: It's easy to limit cubs for better controlling until around 75hp. And for me it makes sense because of durableness. I will see what happens with the bigger carbs.

Also a good way to control peaky motors is to use a 3D-Ignition-System. Low revs and low throttle means a late ignition point. High revs and low throttle also. low revs and high throttle -> early ignition point...and so on.

I love my toys :cool: .

Cheers

Raphael

Edited by RGL

his whole thread has been about attacks. and I am not innocent, I am as strong willed as anyone and belive I am as correct as the next guy. To be honest it is SAD that it came to the point it has. I have gotten Several PM's from people I do not know or have ever spoken to that have commented on seeing some of the points I have brought up and are intrested in what I have accomplished with my set-up but are afraid to post anything in here because of being attacked as being stupid by the "powers that be". I do not know if that is the image they are wanting to portray but that is what is comming off. Like Bansheeboy stated in his posts there could have been better ways of saying things without causing an argument, I again state I was not innocent but not only my fault.

Cheers

Please tell me what you've accomplished? You put a mid range and trail pipe on your bike to climb dune hills and sand pits.

On a high strung aftermarket cylinder...that again, was designed for drag racing.

I'm not a powers that be...I'm just trying to figure out what you feel you accomplished by taking a high strung cylinder, and again...removing it's balls?

I still say anyone can come out there with a well ported set of stockers and do the same exact thing if not better.

If you want to talk about what you've accomplished...please tell us what those accomplishments are.

I am up for an informative discussion in any thread....but when you misjudge me and call me out, I too am equally strong willed and outspoken and I will not stand by the sidelines like I don't know WTF I'm talking about.

fwiw, i would much rather have a choked down (or as you guy's who know everything would say "neutered,castrated,less-of-a-man and any other drivitive of something less than manly") cub engine thats capable of making 100 hp any time i choose to take the "restrictive" pipes off and let the beast breath than a stock cylinder bike that will be lucky to make 80 hp on it's best day for the same amount of cash. ( dont let em fool ya kids, pick your favorite flavor of engine builder and get a quote for a stock cylinder stroker motor making a certified 80 hp. v.s. a cub making 80 out of the box. you'll be suprised how close they are...)

That may be true..you can occasional pick up a used Cub for about the price having stock cylinders ported...I guess if you can do that, and move, and broaden the powerband to your liking, then do it. (Note: I have no experience modifying a Cub in that manner, nor have I seen it personally or know if it can actually be done.)

That may be true..you can occasional pick up a used Cub for about the price having stock cylinders ported...I guess if you can do that, and move, and broaden the powerband to your liking, then do it. (Note: I have no experience modifying a Cub in that manner, nor have I seen it personally or know if it can actually be done.)

I love that car in your sig!!! :cool: