Namura,Pro-x,Vertex,WSM,Vitos,who runs them?

Nightrider

Has anyone had any experience with any of these cast pistons.I've ran Vito's PP and am considering trying out a set of Vertex or WSM race pistons.The Namura PP is a genuine knock off of Vito's(or maybe its vice versa) at about 20 bucks less a kit.Pro-X?

Is there any brands that you would not reccommend?

Thanks

Edited by Nightrider

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personally would never use anything but wiseco pistons. we used pro x in a rebuild one time and that was a mistake. the top end wore out quick. ill never use that junk again. never heard much about namura andi thought wiseco made the vitos pistons. personally id go with wiseco pistons..cast tend to break apart easier as well.

I have used pro-x before in my trail bikes that took alot of abuse with no problems.The pro-x pistons are a good piston.I used Vito's too but they were the forged ones,and wiseco makes vito's pistons.If you are running a drag motor I would go with what is the proven best,Wiseco.But if your looking for a cheaper piston to run in a trail motor,The cast pistons should be just fine.

Stay away from cast pistons. Pro-x suck. It seems people from the south swear by them, but people up north swear by wiseco. I swear by Wiseco and I support Vito's. Vito's makes a damn good..but expensive piston.

forged is typically lighter.

326612[/snapback]

in correct my brother. cast is lighter. the forged design compresses the alum to create a stronger denser design, therefore weighing more. the forging also means that more warm up time is needed because the dense material expands more. cast is a more matenance free piston. that why yamaha specs them.