i want to put this to rest

ok now my dads been riding bikes for years and back in the yee ol days he tore the tranny out of a yamaha motorcycle. but he wasnt abusing the piss out of it (or so he says) ever sinse then he has been completely biased tward anything yamaha so he hates banshees :down: all the people that he knows that have ever had one have had lots of trouble because they abuse it and dont take care of it. so i want all your oppinions on the banshee trans and motor for relability as far as 2 strokes. ive never had any trouble with the ones ive been on and around. so thats mine.

Its just like any other bike, atv, etc... take care of it and it will be fine. the ONLY bad yamahs tranny is that of an 01 Craptor. Sry but you dad is either lying or thinks he knows more then he does. i have only ever had ONE bad trans and thats cause previous owner ran it without oil.

i guess they would have to be really tough to handle all the power from the mods on all theese motors

:shrug: its not like you hear anyone replacing trannys jus cuz it cant handle the power i think ls1inferno s right hes probibly full o shit :yucky:

when you get up over 100 hp. the tranny becomes the weak link.

And they make a remedy for that as well....billet 2nd gear. 2nd is the weakest link in the tranny.

That being said, I'm easily up over 100HP and my stock tranny gears work fine, but they are cut to shift under full power without the clutch...like most drag race guys.

Splitting the cases on a banshee is bar none the easiest to do compared to any other 2 or 4 stroke I've worked on...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...