Cheetah cub

I want to get one here shortly... but I want to keep the same mods I have and I am not looking to install a new crank. I am just looking to gain more power.

I was really considering just sending my stock jugs to Kevin Herr, but I really would like to get the cheetah cylinders.

Not really sure what my bike is pushing out right now, but what would be the difference if I went with my stock cylinders ported by Kevin and a rebuild... or if I went with lets say the cheetah cub that uses all the stock components?

I am really pulling my hair out trying to decide. I have never seen a cheetah cub run but I am reading good reviews. On the other hand, I am also reading good reviews about Kevin Herr's porting.

Money wise, I would be looking at $600 to get a port, timing plate and rebuild off Kevin. That includes shipping.

Then you double that for the Cheetah cylinders with porting and ready to run.

What should I do? I am not looking to run this bike on the track... but the cheetah cub is really calling my name loudly here.

I just don't want to change pipes or carb setup/intake. I want to keep it the same. And would really like to know what would be the best bang for the buck keeping this setup.

Edited by TeamRealtreeHD

I hillclimb alot, and basically ride the bike like you would in the dunes.

I just wasn't sure if it was worth the extra money for that cylinder over my stock one going to Kevin.

I am looking to gain some power... and wasn't sure if getting the cheetah and porting that would be worth it. I was leaning towards the stock jugs going to Kevin when I first decided to do this motor work project.

What would I be looking to gain off a dune port, +4 timing and say .020 over from Kevin?

We drag 1/4 mile asphalt Banshee's. The Cubs are DRAG ported right out of the box. The power band comes on like a light switch at just over 7000 rpm and they pull HARD but low and midrange isn't impressive. They're a great strip motor but I wouldn't even consider a cub for trail. You'd be WAY better off with a lower, wider powerband. A "peaky" high rpm motor on the trails is not a fun bike to ride.....

I would definately stick with either a bike to go fast with or a bike to ride trails and dunes with. my banshee now ive dumped way too much money in trying to make a trail bike that i could still drag race with....it really doesn't work. So for a trail bike i would port the stockers but if you really wanted to do some serious drag racing the cheetah/cub, but you'll have to change alot of your other mods.

Well guys, I decided that I am going to do the stock jugs. Talked with Kevin and he is going to do a hot hillshooting dune port, also hone and bore the jugs, and I am going to switch to 18 cc domes. He is going to send me back an advanced timing plate +6, a set of clutch springs and a pancake bearing saver.

Told me I should jump up another 20-25 horses. That is exactly what I am looking for.

Hopefully start tearing this thing down shortly.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

Kevin is a top notch guy and knows his shit. You wont be disappointed with his port work on a stock cylinder, not to mention his customer service as well as support after the sale. Can't say enough good stuff about the guy. Still tuning the 4 mil he ported for me and working toward 75-80 hp. Can't go wrong with HJR!

SP