Thumb or twist?

Guys,

My thumb is about to fall off after riding the dunes for more than 45 minutes. Am thinking about changing to a twist throttle. How many of you have done this, and is it worth it or should I get a thumb throttle extender thingy?

Guys,

My thumb is about to fall off after riding the dunes for more than 45 minutes. Am thinking about changing to a twist throttle. How many of you have done this, and is it worth it or should I get a thumb throttle extender thingy?

CHECK THIS OUT BRO! THE ANSWER TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS :biggrin:

HOPE THIS HELPS ...................................CLICKY :yelrotflmao:

I thought a twist was what I wanted after buying my banshe.............BOY WAS I WRONG. It may work well for some, but I almost died a few times. Twist works great on bikes cause you can lean with the bike, quad don't lean like a bike and thats were it got me.

I know run a 250r thumb throttle with cut springs, just carefull with cutting springs, the air velocity can keep the slides open when you let off if you cut to much off.

F&F

Well, I guess I am the only one, but I bought the Terrycable dual gasser so I could twist when cruising and thumb when shredding. After the first ride I noticed I never went to the thumb trottle. I stayed on the twist. After about 6 or 7 rides, I never used the thumb. I ride tight trails, GNCC type stuff and some dunes and the twist is great, no thumb pump, you can lean way back and nail it and let the front just float over bumps and shit. Great for dragging too. I took the terrycable off as it was a bit bulky and put a Motion Pro CR style twist on and will never go back to the thumb. You get better grip as your whole hand is on the bar and no thumb pump. I feel a lot more stable with the twist. I did put a steering dampner on to prevent any deadly bumpsteer. The only place I have had any scares is hill climbing, it's hard to pull your self up to the front of the quad going up a steep hill and not goose it. But , hey....I don't hillclimb much. I would go with the TerryCable and check it out first and see if you like it. I would never go back to thumbing it.

i had a twist thorttle on my shee befor and never again. i whiped out pretty bad on a wheelie.. ive never had a sore thumb using the fliper..ever, even on my sno- sled pulling dual 38's flat slides... i guess its indurance from all the sno-x,u just get used to it imo. ive had alot of ppl ride my shee and sled telling me they have a sore thumb.... in yur case get an after market thumb throtle even a honda thorttle.

Thanks for all the great info! I may go with the Terry cable dual gasser. Will check the other options also.

I posted the same question a few months ago. I got alot of replies to it, but I erased the thread. Most everyone said to stay with the thumb throttle. I'm glad I did. I ordered a Moose Racing polished thumb throttle. It's pretty much universal, and has a few different cable adjustments. I have 2, 35mm Keihin's, and it pulls them great. I was actually able to get my slides to open all the way with this one, over the stock thumb throttle. It looks very good, and has cut back on alot of my thumb fatigue. I think I either got it from RMATV or MotoSport. This is the one that I bought.

http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog.jsp?lev...amp;startPage=1

Thanks 2001stroker, I checked the link, and I like what I see. Will probably go with that setup or maybe the terrycable dual gasser.

I have the terry cable also. I had a twist for the past 8 years and hadn't even ever used a thumb. I liked the twist a lot and once you get used to knowing that you need to be careful you tend to be alright. Never had any bad scares.

Now I have both and I do like the thumb more for rippin around and up hills etc. but I LOVE the twist for longer rides or on trails.

I have the terry cable also. I had a twist for the past 8 years and hadn't even ever used a thumb. I liked the twist a lot and once you get used to knowing that you need to be careful you tend to be alright. Never had any bad scares.

Now I have both and I do like the thumb more for rippin around and up hills etc. but I LOVE the twist for longer rides or on trails.

Yea, the twist is definatly worth it once you learn it.