Thumb or twist?

I have a 1/4 turn twist. I love it and this question has been asked many many times. I find it gives you the advantage when drag racing and it kicks ass hill climbing in the dunes. I feel sorry for the people who are scared of a twist - and I am sick of hearing how it equals death as well. I think a lot of those comments come from inexperienced riders though you should try one out for yourself and see first hand.

I have a 1/4 turn twist. I love it and this question has been asked many many times. I find it gives you the advantage when drag racing and it kicks ass hill climbing in the dunes. I feel sorry for the people who are scared of a twist - and I am sick of hearing how it equals death as well. I think a lot of those comments come from inexperienced riders though you should try one out for yourself and see first hand.

I agree, i have had a few close calls in the whoops, but if i didn't have my thumb wraped around the bars too ida been toast. I can ride all day on my twist, buy my brothers thumb i have to stop to get the feeling back into my sore thumb

I thought I wanted a twist,went to Glamis one time and felt like a kid trying to ride for the first time again..Thumb for me!Twist is unforgiving over heavy bumps and woops...Guess it depends on your ridding to..I will be selling the twist setup pretty soon unless I trade the bike with it on..Hit me up if you havent bought one yet..

I thought I wanted a twist,went to Glamis one time and felt like a kid trying to ride for the first time again..Thumb for me!Twist is unforgiving over heavy bumps and woops...Guess it depends on your ridding to..I will be selling the twist setup pretty soon unless I trade the bike with it on..Hit me up if you havent bought one yet..

I've been riding thumb since i was seven and i just recently switched over to twist and i love it. If you feel your uncontrolled in big bumps just either go slow or fly over them.

I've been riding thumb since i was seven and i just recently switched over to twist and i love it. If you feel your uncontrolled in big bumps just either go slow or fly over them.

If your not confortable you aint flying over shit...Now with the thumb we can rock and roll...pm me when you make a trip to Glamis..Looks as if you are a dunner also!,Lowbuckracing!

If your not confortable you aint flying over shit...Now with the thumb we can rock and roll...pm me when you make a trip to Glamis..Looks as if you are a dunner also!,Lowbuckracing!

true that.

Sounds good may not be for a while tho. haha it sucks that the season is over already. READ THIS: a twist throttle to me is like a banshees power band. Its either all or nothing, and thats why they dont usually mix well with banshees. It mixes well with me tho i guess. :biggrin:

Edited by adrenaline junky

You know, I just thought about another deciding factor. My wife likes to "cruise" the banshee every now & then, so I will have to go with an upgraded aftermarket thumb throttle or the Dual Gasser. My wife and a twist throttle could be trouble :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys,

My son bought me a Dual Gasser for Father's day. Just put it on today. Will let you know what I think after our next trip.

i went twist throttle about 10 years ago and have never looked back. i love it in the whoops, its a natural move up and down, and you give it gas at the perfect time. i would never go back. its actually the bigget reason why i dont ride other peoples quads when mine is broke. thumb just ruins riding for me. it also keeps alot of people from riding my quad, which is just fine with me.