NOSS or PD Cool Head?

TRO73

Hi, New here but long time banshee owner. My only mods are V Force 3 reeds, dyna fs cdi box, FMF pipes, and K&N filter. Was wanting to know which coll head is better NOSS or PRO DESIGN? Also which domes should I get if I want to stay with pump gas 21cc or 22cc? Whay other mods do you guys sugest WITHOUT engine work to get more speed?

+1 for the noss head, it's one piece so there's less o-rings to mess with and as said you can use your stock studs. Plus noss machine is a sponsor of this site. I currently have the pro design unit on mine, they're not bad but I'd buy the noss next time. They both run the same style of domes, so those are easy to find anywhere. We would need to know your elevation to recommend a dome size to you. And, welcome to BHQ :thumbsup:

F.A.S.T. head (by Noss) : http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=183

Both heads are nice but its nice not to have to change studs with ours..

Dome size is relevant to bore size, elevation, etc.... Give us a call and we will walk you through some mods and ideas.

Welcome to HQ!!

Just did a search and my elevation is 541 feet and my bore size is stock. Just went to look at the Fast cool head on the FARMANDSANDTOYS website and how do you add product to a cart to buy?

Thanks

Tony

Edited by TRO73

I just purchased a NOSS head and 21cc domes from Noss Machineabout 3 weeks ago. I ride between 900 and 4500 feet elevation on 93 ocatane pump and Belray MC-1 mixed at 40:1. I couldnt be more happy with it. Install went great, head sealed up great, and with only 1cc difference in dome size from stock I could feel a difference in low and mid range power. I have been so happy with it, I am going to install one on my other banshee real soon. Just follow the instructions that come with the head and use either a very, very light amount of grease or vasoline on the o rings when installing. I just used antisieze (SP) grease and it went great.

Which other mods do you guys sugest WITHOUT engine work to get more speed?

You have done all the bolt on stuff so it is time to take the cyinders off for a port job. There isnt any other mod you can bolt on to your banshee that will give you the power increase your looking for.