I know Jack about nitrous on quads

I am just trying to get some info on how nitrous set ups work on banshee's and other quads. During the summer months I pit and tune cars or Bigshot Racing and Nitrous Daves Performance. I tune cars from both race teams, and last year we came in second place in our quick street class. I am damn good at tuning a car with a carburator and a wet kit weather it be direct port or a plate system.

I am going to take a wild guess and say most of the quad guys are running dry nitrous systems? If you guys are going with wet kits what are you doing about fuel? If you are going dry are you spraying before the carbs or after the carbs? Anyone here mess with any wet kits on thier quads? What size shots are you guys with built motors going with?

It would be cool if the website worked better. Seems as if they found a way to inject dry nitrous With them probe looking things. Really simple cost effective kits there. Do you know what they go for? The site was not being my friend haha.

I know if I had the cash and test bike I could rig up a wet kit that can crank more reliable power than them while running better off the bottle than a bottle tuned dry bike. With a dry nitrous kit you have to run the carb super rich to make up for the added nitrous oxide, where with a wet kit it sprays the fuel you need to even out the a/f with the juice. Both kits you should adjust your timing back a little bit unless you want detonation. This stuff really has me thinking...

oh man, I know who you are now josh.. you know me too. when did ya move? oh yea is that dvd ready yet? no? good we should hook up and do some riding and video it.. remember me now? lol..

i was riding today at a new for me spot out in sasaquinn area.. to rocky around there.. 10 mph sux..

ok man I'll chat with ya maybe tonite if anyone is meeting up? I'll have to check the board..

Hey Joe, I moved a little while ago. I was living in the place my mom was living in while she was sick. Once she died the pressure was well on to get out so I did. Now I got a motocross track!

DVD is not ready yet because I am a lazy turd (or more like people are not getting their damn footage to me like they said!) but I will take the blame for them.

I gotta run though, Ray needs a little help with the big block camaro, trying to find his tire shake problem so I am gonna head there and see what I can do.

OK so people are going direct port. Thats not the most easy install in the world with the tapping and placement of nozzles etc etc. Got any clue how big of a shot the nitrous guys are running with direct ports on banshee's? In my head I am trying to think of a nice simple almost bolt on plate wet system that delivers the power of a direct port injection. Slap the plate on right beore the reeds, mount the selenoids, throw in a fuel pump, do the wiring and spray away.

BTW nitrous outlet is a great place to do business with.

GOOD thread

how do you run dry on non-injected motors?

would think it would run like dung ( if at all) w/o the buttom, you'd have to be so rich to run it dry to be correct on the button?

Like I said earlier with stuff like that boondockers kit you are going to hav to jet rich and do lots of plug chops to make sure you are in line. Yes without the bottle chances are it will run like poop. On the go gas it will run hard though.

Check out the cold fusion wet kit

http://www.nitrousdirect.com/atvnitrous.html

It's not that complicated It basically sprays fuel in with your nitrous and mixes it that's why the injectors have 2 inlets on them and one outlet I have been looking at a system and the cold fusion seems like the best boss noss also makes a wet kit i believe that comes with a fuel pump

The only thing I wonder and it's never mentioned is our banshees put out 12v AC you would have to install either a battery or a rectifier but it's only 50 watts from a stock stator so I imagine you would have to disconnect lights I might order one up soon

There are a few threads that already talk about nitrous try a forum search

Check out the cold fusion wet kit

http://www.nitrousdirect.com/atvnitrous.html

It's not that complicated It basically sprays fuel in with your nitrous and mixes it that's why the injectors have 2 inlets on them and one outlet I have been looking at a system and the cold fusion seems like the best boss noss also makes a wet kit i believe that comes with a fuel pump

The only thing I wonder and it's never mentioned is our banshees put out 12v AC you would have to install either a battery or a rectifier but it's only 50 watts from a stock stator so I imagine you would have to disconnect lights I might order one up soon

There are a few threads that already talk about nitrous try a forum search

Thats another direct port kit like the NOS and NX kits already posted in this thread. If I were to run a direct port kit like that, I'd run battery packs to operate the noids, and run the fuel pump how the draggers normally run them.

Thats a ncie looking intake right there. I wonder how the clearance for the nozzles and lines would be above intake. If I had a test banshee of my own (in case it blows) I'd grab one of them intakes and machine a spray bar into them and see how I could make that design work. Your right though, it does look like I could plumb in some nozzles if there was enough clearance above the intakes. I onder how much a shee can handle now. I guess it all depends on how good the internals would be at this point.