smoking

the hole reason for it is i cant breath anymore i get so out of breat so easy i c ant even wrestel with my 16 year old son with out gasping for air but yeah i enjoy smoking and when im drinking its worse so far i have done good today but god dam i have ben busy around the house shit i reloaded for 4 hours tonight lol. owell thanks for letting this turn to be smokers aaa lmao

There you go, your 16 year old son and if you have any other kids is the real reason to quit, I quit cold turkey 8-9 years ago for that reason and it made it a lot easier. I just want to be around as long as possible for my kids, you can do it also use your willpower its not as bad as it seems believe me I smoked for 25 years. Good luck!

I was smoking 2 packs in a 24 hour period. Every morning on my way to work I would buy 2 packs. I stopped cold turkey. My son got a bad cough from second hand smoke, so it made me stop that second.

The first few days was ok, I just filled the time with something stress free like walking around outside or playing vid games. Then I got sick. It was weird. I stopped smoking and got a bad ass cough. I guess my body was clearing out my lungs. After a week or so, the habit was gone, but I craved it really bad. I would sneak in a puff or two and put the cig out. It started to taste like ass, and then stopped within a few days. I am smoke free for 4 years.

Awesome man.

My dad quit cold turkey too. Still has his last pack from years ago.

You can do it. Its been 90 days for me. It cost me at todays priceses $ 300.00 a month to smoke. $10.00 a day plus. Hang in their. I know it's hard. Just think with the money you save what you can do to your bike. That will help you stop.

$300.00 a month is a reason for anyone to quit smoking. I knew cigarettes were expensive, but wow, that is a lot of money. :ohmy:

maaaaaan i smoke like a fuckin chimney. pack a day keeps the quit sickness away!

light up and draaaaag.

however! i have quit 3 times, and probley cant now for a while. the smokes i have now every day, i know they are going to be harsh and taste like shit even before i light them even when i buy them but i cant stop. if wake up in the morning and dont have a smoke look the fuck out. but if i only have that morning smoke i can forget about it all day so heres my advice nayr. wake up and have a morning smoke and think positive about what your doing and dont cheat, its cold turkey in a smokers mind. you get sick because of not having the morning puff. guarenteed. so if you have the mornign smoke and wake up right, go about your day while not smoking chances are your going to get laid that night cause your o hapy the day went so fast and you didnt have a smoke your gonna get off and pass out exhausted. and probley do the same the next day.

maaaaaan i smoke like a fuckin chimney. pack a day keeps the quit sickness away!

light up and draaaaag.

however! i have quit 3 times, and probley cant now for a while. the smokes i have now every day, i know they are going to be harsh and taste like shit even before i light them even when i buy them but i cant stop. if wake up in the morning and dont have a smoke look the fuck out. but if i only have that morning smoke i can forget about it all day so heres my advice nayr. wake up and have a morning smoke and think positive about what your doing and dont cheat, its cold turkey in a smokers mind. you get sick because of not having the morning puff. guarenteed. so if you have the mornign smoke and wake up right, go about your day while not smoking chances are your going to get laid that night cause your o hapy the day went so fast and you didnt have a smoke your gonna get off and pass out exhausted. and probley do the same the next day.

:blink:

its not the mornings that i even crave a smoke its after i eat and sitting around at night. the morning cig would freakin kill me. Its ben a few days since i posted this up and im still trying to quit i have ben doing really good and only cheated a few times so far

I hear 'ya. I started smoking in high school because the (sweet!!) girl I was "dating" was a smoker and it seemed like the thing to do...

15 years later of a pack + per day smoking Marlboro Reds, I decided to quit and I found it to actually be kinda easy.

Here is how I did it:

First, you have to actually, really, truly WANT to quit!! Not because someone or something is pressuring you to stop...YOU have to want to!! This is key. Without being here, you are destined to fail.

Next, recognize why you chew/smoke. I determined that for me, it was a reward for life's little challenges and reward for accomplishments. Hey, I woke up!! Reward...a smoke! Made breakfast...Reward!! Made it to work..Reward!! Almost lunch...Reward!! Man, done with work...Reward!! Dropped the circlip down into the motor while reinstalling the timing chain...SHIT...Reward Dammit!! Anyhow, you get my point.

So I decided to quit when I would be out of my routine...I quit when I went on vacation!! It was soooo easy!! Different environment, new experiences, no routine to follow made it a simple transition for me. New experiences didn't allow my mind to become idle and dwell/crave.

When I did have a momentary craving...I just reminded myself that to quit was MY choice and that "IF I HAVE JUST ONE MORE, I'LL HAVE HAVE JUST ONE MORE THE REST OF MY LIFE!!" Just knowing this and believing this made it easier for me.

If you are going to "try" to quit, you already accept failure on your part to quit. Don't even bother "trying." Spare yourself the drama. Why set yourself up to kick yourself in the balls (if applicable to you)? :cool:

But when you DECIDE to quit, it becomes a decision as clear as black and white. You DON'T walk into the store and order a pack or tin. You DON'T reach for your wallet. You DON'T bum from your friends.

It is clear as day...at least it was for me!!

I've got to admit...I enjoyed smoking, and sometimes still miss it. I have not had a puff, drag, or cigarette since I quit. Not one!!

I know that if I have just one more................. :evil:

BTW: That whole patch thing...I think it is a BS crutch. With a patch, you can never believe it was your strength that led to your quitting...even though it was. It's all inside you to do this!!

Just my $.02.

Hope this helps.

Jay Form SanD.

Edited by jayzx750

My dad use to smoke. He quit about 15 years ago. Pretty much just cold turkey. That's really the only way I see someone being able to do it. Like it was stated, If you have just one more you'll have one more for the rest of your life. My brother in law died from second hand smoke at the age of 21. Kind of shocks people when I tell them, as if it never happens.

i'm also trying to quit. been 5 days now only had a little puff here and there. not going to bad. been smoking for 15 years time to stop.2 other buddy's of mine are also quiting so it help by keeping the pressure on each other. :beer:

i'm also trying to quit. been 5 days now only had a little puff here and there. not going to bad. been smoking for 15 years time to stop.2 other buddy's of mine are also quiting so it help by keeping the pressure on each other. :beer:

IMO You have to stop cold turkey. No cheating. NONE, or your not going to stop. Cold turkey it all the way. You guys could do this.

its ben a few days of me posting this and thank you all for the help but well quiting hospitilized me the last 2 days i couldnt catch my breath after brining some of that nasty shit up and was rushed to the E.R. and from there was a subject and ginney pig for 48 hours my lungs and kidneys hurt my head pounds and my chest feels like its in a vice but im not trying anymore i have quit smoking :thumbsup: