tuning tips, desperate just spent a ton of $ not happy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPI's espically if you are going to be doing a 4mill crank, and dune port, drag port or cub cylinder. If you want nice chrome buy them from www.cascadeinnovations.net they get them bare steel from CPI and have there plater chrome them. CPI's chrome isnt near the quality as cascade's.

I have read the articles on hear about carbs before several times I still dont have a clue I know it could run better I have had several that didnt have half this done and they were way faster. I planned on getting a 4 mil crank soon but, if it isnt going to run much better than this I am going to part it out I am tired of putting money in this one for nothing.

Without port work, all that stuff you bought doesn't matter much.............

ok I found out all my jets I am running a 158 main, # 50 pilot, 1 1/2 out airscrew, removed that pos cdi and replaced it with a stock one, bumped the timing to plus 5, and it runs better but not a big difference and it seems as if my new clutch slips really bad I am getting real pissed everytime I change something for the better there is another big setback HELP!!!!!

you probly didnt readjust your clucth when you pout in the new plates did you? if you replaced your old fibers then the new one will have more surface on them and this will casue the clutch to slip. you need to make your adjustment at the adjuster thats in the center of the pressure plate.

And the way it sounds I need to go with the port job before my crank I trail ride, alot of wide open fields, and alot of road riding but dont want to go to big so I can trail ride anybody know a good place around IN or MI that will do a good job for a decent price assuming It will run good enough for me not to shoot it with a shot gun

you probly didnt readjust your clucth when you pout in the new plates did you? if you replaced your old fibers then the new one will have more surface on them and this will casue the clutch to slip. you need to make your adjustment at the adjuster thats in the center of the pressure plate.

I called one of my friends he said my basket and new plates are going to be smoked since I rode it while it was slipping

not nessessarly... how long have you rode it with it slipping? it is possible that they are fine if you didnt ride the piss out of it. if they have a hard glossy look then they are done. get your self a set of digital calipers and when you take the plates off messure how think they are also. if they got toasted, go buy your self a set of FZR 1000 Fibers and use them. that clutch will last for several years to come

Edited by Bansh-eman

not nessessarly... how long have you rode it with it slipping? it is possible that they are fine if you didnt ride the piss out of it. if they have a hard glossy look then they are done. get your self a set of digital calipers and when you take the plates off messure how think they are also. if they got toasted, go buy your self a set of FZR 1000 Fibers and use them. that clutch will last for several years to come

I have test rode it about 10 times up and down the road I would say 25 minutes pretty hard trying to figure out what is going on with my carbs I was thinking about the vitos clutch I heard they are good but what else can you tell me about the fzr 1000 clutch

is that 10 times with 25min each or 25mins total? if thats 25 mins each time its very possible its done.

basically the FRZ fibers just have more surface area on them to hold the power, and they grip better. If your clutch does slip they can standup to the wear for longer then banshee plates. They are the same thing as far as demintions go, just buy the plates and replace thm. They come off of a 1987 yamaha street bike

part number 4H7-16321-01-00 8.80 each

And the way it sounds I need to go with the port job before my crank I trail ride, alot of wide open fields, and alot of road riding but dont want to go to big so I can trail ride anybody know a good place around IN or MI that will do a good job for a decent price assuming It will run good enough for me not to shoot it with a shot gun

I just got my motor back from Jeff at F.A.S.T.

He did a woods/play port, i think it was around $250, and this sum bitch hauls ass.

Gonna be even faster after i work out the bugs. Anyhow, i HIGHLY!! recommend Jeff.

This guy takes alot of pride in his work, which means your gonna get the best hands down IMO.

I had my friend do a plug chop for me ( cause my shoulder is broke ) and when he got off, he waas shaking so bad he couldn't even get the wrench on the plugs. He kept saying my banshee was so fast it was just stupid.

All that said..... I dont even have as much in my shee as you do according to what you listed.

So that thing should be rippen ass.

DON'T GIVE UP ON HER, work the bugs out and you'll be happy. :cool:

Aaron

I just got my motor back from Jeff at F.A.S.T.

He did a woods/play port, i think it was around $250, and this sum bitch hauls ass.

Gonna be even faster after i work out the bugs. Anyhow, i HIGHLY!! recommend Jeff.

This guy takes alot of pride in his work, which means your gonna get the best hands down IMO.

I had my friend do a plug chop for me ( cause my shoulder is broke ) and when he got off, he waas shaking so bad he couldn't even get the wrench on the plugs. He kept saying my banshee was so fast it was just stupid.

All that said..... I dont even have as much in my shee as you do according to what you listed.

So that thing should be rippen ass.

DON'T GIVE UP ON HER, work the bugs out and you'll be happy. :cool:

Aaron

I have heard a lot of people talk about jeff at fast where is it how do I contact them I just sold my zx6 so I can spend more on my shee with out pulling out of my savings I could have went with a cheetah for all the money I have put in this pos trying to make it run decent

I have heard a lot of people talk about jeff at fast where is it how do I contact them I just sold my zx6 so I can spend more on my shee with out pulling out of my savings I could have went with a cheetah for all the money I have put in this pos trying to make it run decent

www.farmandsandtoys.com