Hole in the

shee4speed

Okay so not the banshee, but my kid blew a hole in the piston of his Blaster. I am guessing he just had it pegged to long. So the piston particles are in the case and i need to clean it out. Anyone ever done this? Do you flip the bike over and clean out with brakeclean or something?Thanks guys.

you probably should tear it right down. if he blew a hole in the piston it was running to hot / lean. aperentally if a bike is jetted perfect you can hold them to the bar for along time. i still wouldnt hold it for any longer then 20 or 30 seconds. take a look at rippens hill climbing videos at walden him and his buddies got there bike pegged for quit some time. im thinking it was jetted to lean.

id prolly pull the motor apart unless you can pull the motor out and use a pressure washer to blow the shit out. this will work alright as long as the pieces didnt weld themself to the crank case. there isnt much to those motors so it prolly wouldnt take long to tear it down. might be worth the while just to do it. then bore that bitch and new piston and youre set.

I honestly would not do anything with Brake Kleen or a pressure washer, Why you ask Is the Crank bearings are not sealed and you run the risk of contaminating them more I would suggest tearing it down all the way just as a safe measure it's not too difficult and you have plenty of people here to give you a hand if you need. If the bike ran leen and you swear up and down the jetting was spot on (assuming you still have the oil-injection hooked up) The oil injection could have got clogged, It happened to me. And Definitely don't spray water down there because the bearings on the crank are precision ground and if you don't get all the water out the will start to form rust almost immediately and then you be buying a new crank. But look on the bright side you can get you kid the 240 kit for the blaster now.

I honestly would not do anything with Brake Kleen or a pressure washer, Why you ask Is the Crank bearings are not sealed and you run the risk of contaminating them more I would suggest tearing it down all the way just as a safe measure it's not too difficult and you have plenty of people here to give you a hand if you need. If the bike ran leen and you swear up and down the jetting was spot on (assuming you still have the oil-injection hooked up) The oil injection could have got clogged, It happened to me. And Definitely don't spray water down there because the bearings on the crank are precision ground and if you don't get all the water out the will start to form rust almost immediately and then you be buying a new crank. But look on the bright side you can get you kid the 240 kit for the blaster now.

I already eliminated the injector and the mixture is 32/1. 310 main with a Toomey pipe. this bike has been running great for a long time. The plug always looked a tad rich.I dont get it.

I bought a blaster of a guy with a blown top end and the pistion was all messed up. The jetting was way off and at first I was not going to split the case but then decided what the heck and I am glad I did because there was quite abit of metal shaving down there. Here is a pic of the piston that came out if your has a hole I would definitly go in the bottom end.

piston.jpg

I bought a blaster of a guy with a blown top end and the pistion was all messed up. The jetting was way off and at first I was not going to split the case but then decided what the heck and I am glad I did because there was quite abit of metal shaving down there. Here is a pic of the piston that came out if your has a hole I would definitly go in the bottom end.

piston.jpg

That piston isn't messed up..

This piston is messed up..

IMG_7358.jpg

I poured this out of the pipe..

IMG_7356.jpg

hahahahaha holy fuck send that sh to wiseco with a slip of paper that has core charge? written on it....

You can flush the case with youre premix or deisel, but I dont recommend it. Better to be safe than sorry. I would hate to see ya go through all the troble of flushing the case, boring and putting a new piston in, just to do it again in 6 or 7 rides. It would be lean to burn a hole in the piston...

hahahahaha holy fuck send that sh to wiseco with a slip of paper that has core charge? written on it....

The piston that came apart was a Yamaha piston, I just put the other one next to it so you can reference it. This was a result of riding it half a mile after the rod disconnected itself from the piston. There wasn't any strong vibration coming from the engine and I didn't feel like pushing it home, so i lugged it back on one cylinder. In hindsight I wish i would have shut it down and pushed it back.. It is at passion right now and I am waiting on Jim to call me and let me know how much damage it did. The funniest thing was when I pulled the head off both pistons were at TDC.

The piston that came apart was a Yamaha piston, I just put the other one next to it so you can reference it. This was a result of riding it half a mile after the rod disconnected itself from the piston. There wasn't any strong vibration coming from the engine and I didn't feel like pushing it home, so i lugged it back on one cylinder. In hindsight I wish i would have shut it down and pushed it back.. It is at passion right now and I am waiting on Jim to call me and let me know how much damage it did. The funniest thing was when I pulled the head off both pistons were at TDC.

Wow That is some serious carnage It's been a long time since I've seen that, The last one I saw when I had to out of town to change A cylinder on a radial engine but the motor was grenaded. Cool pic.