Sucks Banshee wont run right after port, reeds, and 19 cc noss head

Dgrey

So I installed this last weekend and adjusted the carbs and actually got the bike to idle. Everything seemed fine I would warm it up and then rev it up and check if there were any leaks because I also installed clutch springs and a 200W stator and timing plate and a TORS elimination kit and re jetted it to 350 (which the guy that did the port said may be a little fat but better safe than sorry)

So Friday im all excited I put the knobbies on and it starts fine and I get it out by the street and I cant get any RPM out of it now. I cant get it to rev like it did a week ago and I cant even make it out of the driveway that has a little grade. Now its a pain in the ass to start and I through maybe it needed to be cleared out but I can not get the RPM up enough to clear it out. Does anoyne have any suggestions. I thought everything was all good and that I would only have to adjust jetting and I was going to waste $ to go out to Gordon's prior to my "big trip" so I could ride in sand and get the jetting correct, but if it wont even ride on the street then something is wrong. Maybe I need to wait until morning and try and clear it out better. It just seems like its being choked even through its not on. Ya know?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carb slides in backwards, choke crossover tube? (With stock Carbs) It doesn't need cleared out, its obvious if you just did work then either you installed something incorrectly, or you didn't hook something up. Always the case about 99% of the time.

I know it can be frustrating but dont get discouraged ,this is very common after a big upgrade like you did.its porobably that junk ricky stator/timing electrical issue .id say go through the list of things to check fpr and do a process of elimination and youll figure it out eventually ,im sure it has nothing to do with the porting that was done by your builder ,not saying it cant happen but its most always error on your part during installation

Def. check to make sure the choke tube is running across from one carb to the other.. Its not the crossover tube on the intake, its the one running from carb to carb. Mine ran like shit and wouldnt idle till I figured that out. Had pressure comming from the exhaust on the left carb but the right carb barely had anything. It's most likely something to do with the carbs/tuning. Good luck!

will it not rev at all???? like not even 500rpm????

If thats the case check all the TORS junk, you may have put in the eliminator kit on your carbs but forgot to unplug a part of the system, that happened to me once and same symptoms, check the black box attached to your frame above your left cylinder, if its plugged in, unplug it and throw the box in the garbage to save the problem next time

Also a plug for it runs to your brake lever as well I beleive, mine has been gone for so long i forget now, but unplug that one as well........ or maybe that was the brake light lol just try and see what happens

I know it can be frustrating but dont get discouraged ,this is very common after a big upgrade like you did.its porobably that junk ricky stator/timing electrical issue .id say go through the list of things to check fpr and do a process of elimination and youll figure it out eventually ,im sure it has nothing to do with the porting that was done by your builder ,not saying it cant happen but its most always error on your part during installation

That was the first thing I thought it too. The Ricky Stator. If you run out of things to try you might want to put the stock timing stuff back on to see if it runs better that way you can eliminate that as a problem. I know lots of others were having a hell of a time with the RS stuff.

Just a suggestion.

Carb slides in backwards, choke crossover tube? (With stock Carbs) It doesn't need cleared out, its obvious if you just did work then either you installed something incorrectly, or you didn't hook something up. Always the case about 99% of the time.

Carb slides are perfect I double checked that when I was adjusting idle. LOL... forgot the choke tube when I was doing the idle but its in how.

I guess I could have installed something incorrectly, but it ran perfect last weekend. Well not ran because I didn't ride it it idled perfect and reved to the moon.

Yeah, that is what my builder said. He said that people with higher revving banshees can have problems with the ricky stator and the bike can cut out after X amount of RPM, but he never described a problem like this.

Def. check to make sure the choke tube is running across from one carb to the other.. Its not the crossover tube on the intake, its the one running from carb to carb. Mine ran like shit and wouldnt idle till I figured that out. Had pressure comming from the exhaust on the left carb but the right carb barely had anything. It's most likely something to do with the carbs/tuning. Good luck!

Yeah, the choke tube is connected.

will it not rev at all???? like not even 500rpm????

If thats the case check all the TORS junk, you may have put in the eliminator kit on your carbs but forgot to unplug a part of the system, that happened to me once and same symptoms, check the black box attached to your frame above your left cylinder, if its plugged in, unplug it and throw the box in the garbage to save the problem next time

Also a plug for it runs to your brake lever as well I beleive, mine has been gone for so long i forget now, but unplug that one as well........ or maybe that was the brake light lol just try and see what happens

No I can rev it to MAYBE like 2000 RPM but it chug a luggs to get there like the choke is on WAY to much or something. All TORS stuff even that black box on the frame is off.

That was the first thing I thought it too. The Ricky Stator. If you run out of things to try you might want to put the stock timing stuff back on to see if it runs better that way you can eliminate that as a problem. I know lots of others were having a hell of a time with the RS stuff.

Just a suggestion.

Does Ricky Stator know that people are having problems with his parts? WTF if so why is he not DOING SOMETHING about it? I want brignt lights at night and the stock one sucks.

Its a big pain in my ass to get the all that fly wheel crap off and the timing plate, but I guess that can be one problem I can say that it is or isin't after I do it. **********sigh***************

No I can rev it to MAYBE like 2000 RPM but it chug a luggs to get there like the choke is on WAY to much or something. All TORS stuff even that black box on the frame is off.

does it chug & lug if you slowly get in the throttle or when you nail it wot

your sure it's not breaking up ?

what style filter?

If the half moon is facing the air filters, then the slides are in the right way.

Dont give up man. It's always something small/easy to fix! I am going through the same thing right now. I think i about have it all figured out. Just think of all the money you are saving by doing it yourself!

If the half moon is facing the air filters, then the slides are in the right way.

Dont give up man. It's always something small/easy to fix! I am going through the same thing right now. I think i about have it all figured out. Just think of all the money you are saving by doing it yourself!

Im running pod filters.

Alright so I started it up this morning and the lights work and all that BS so I don't know if that is any sign that the ricky stator is okay, but whatever. I got more revs out of it BUT the left side had much more exhaust coming out of it than the right side so maybe I need to check out the carb adjustment again.

So I have stock carbs. It was rejetted when I bought it for the head mill t-5 pipes and the k&n single filter it used to have. After the port job the builder that did it told me to jet up to 350 (and it will probably be to fat) and I needed to use that as a starting point. I have done no needle adjustment but I have read about needle adjustment. Do you guys think that the needle placement could have anything to do with it? I have never messed with the needle before so I dont know really what it actually does or how it works. Thanks for the info y'all. I need to run some errands then its time to tweak out on the banshee again.

Also there are some other things on the side of the carb that may need adjustment? The air something or other? Its just some other screw that is on the side of the stock carbs. In saying "some other screw" I mean other than the idle adjustment screw.

Edited by Dgrey

I adjusted my needle clip position to everyone single clip position it had and it always reved fine. It might of not done it crisp or even well, but it reved.

I didnt have to do anything other adjustments when i did my work. I put in a 37.5 or something like that(one size above stoc) pilot and bumped my mains up. We have pretty much the same mods.

You could of have pinched a o-ring when putting the head on causing a leak but i have no idea of a leak would cause it not to rev. I would think it would rev fine but be lean as hell. Im sure someone will chime in that can help. In the mean time, keep checking everything one by one.

Oh yeah, to make sure my shee wasnt flooded, i got someone to pull me and i dumped the clutch in 3rd gear. But since you can start your bike and idle it, i wouldnt think that's the problem. I really dont know enough to help you, sry man.

clean your carbs out completely, make sure slides are correct and check your float levels.

How do I check float levels? I forgot to say when I first got everything back together and bolted the gas tank back on I turned on the gas and it flowed directly out the bottom of the right side carb. I took off the bowl and took out the jet and put it back in and it solved the problem. I guess it was not in all the way or someting, but that is the side that is not smoking as much as the left side.

u havnt brought it up but, Check ur plugs that will tell if its a jetting issue or a electrical u can read timing on plugs too!

I will look at the plugs... Normal through? Really black = to rich and white = lean and tan = perfect?