What oil to run? Just bought a modded Shee.

I just bought a modded 2003 Banshee and have no idea what ratio or oil I should be using. The guy I bought it from did not know. I thought that was strange too! Here is the run down.

Full Toomey exhaust

Cool Head

Wiseco Pistons

K&N cone filters

jetted

Appears to have aftermarket carbs on it.

It runs and idles perfect now. I wish I new what oil/fuel and ratio was in the tank now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Don't know if this helps but I am at 600 ft above sea level in TX

Thanks!!

Alex

First thing you should do is a compression test since it has a coolhead on it. If you don't know what your compression is you will have a hard time finding out if you need to run higher octane fuel. As far as mix I have ran yamalube 2r or whatever it was, and I recently switched to Klotz supertechniplate. I didn't notice any change except for it doesn't smell like shit. Yamalube smells bad. I'm not saying you should run a certain mix off of smell either!!!! Also you would think he would know what fuel he was running in it, kinda weird. Hope this helps.

I just bought a modded 2003 Banshee and have no idea what ratio or oil I should be using. The guy I bought it from did not know. I thought that was strange too! Here is the run down.

Full Toomey exhaust

Cool Head

Wiseco Pistons

K&N cone filters

jetted

Appears to have aftermarket carbs on it.

It runs and idles perfect now. I wish I new what oil/fuel and ratio was in the tank now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Don't know if this helps but I am at 600 ft above sea level in TX

Thanks!!

Alex

:evil:i like the klotz supertechniplate at 32:1 for premix with 110 octane racing fuel and honda hp 80/85 in the tranny....dbr

i use amsoil interceptor or dominator (switching to dominator)

at 36:1 and i like it

for the tranny i find that shell rotella 15w40 heavy duty diesel oil works awesome and its cheap

do a compression test and a plug chop

2 most important things

i run 32:1 castor 927 with vp ahhh smell like victory to me LOL. as far as elevation and jetting u wont notice until ur on the top end, if it bogs out and doesnt feel like all the power is getting out ur prob running to rich