Honda TRX 250r vs. Banshee

A guy has offered me a trade for my 96 banshee. He offered to trade me a 87 TRX 250r. I have never rode a honda 250r and wanted to know how they compare to the shee. In a flat out drag how does the 250r hold against a stock banshee with pipes and no port work. Pretty much Im just wondering if this will be a good trade. The 250r has K&N air filter, pipe,new tires freshly pouder coated,new plastics,new seat, and some other random things.The paint on my 96 is not in the best of shape so it doesnt look the greatest but the things I have done to it are.

New Hotrods trued and welded crank.

Standard bore wiseco prolite pistons.

Leager +2+1 a arms.

New fly wheel.

New Riky stator stator.

New clutch.

boysen reeds on stock cages Ricky Stator adjustible timing plate.

Aftermarket handle bars

Nerf bars.

T.O.R.S removed

New rear axle carrier bearings.

new seat cover.

New K&N dual pod filters with outerwears.

Adjustible LRD pipes with toomey silencers.

Fast trekker rear tires 75% tread left.

Front bandit tires 90% tread left

shock covers.

aluminum oil dipstick

Edited by 96_banshee_96

A guy has offered me a trade for my 96 banshee. He offered to trade me a 87 TRX 250r. I have never rode a honda 250r and wanted to know how they compare to the shee. In a flat out drag how does the 250r hold against a stock banshee with pipes and no port work. Pretty much Im just wondering if this will be a good trade. The 250r has K&N air filter, pipe,new tires freshly pouder coated,new plastics,new seat, and some other random things.The paint on my 96 is not in the best of shape so it doesnt look the greatest but the things I have done to it are.

New Hotrods trued and welded crank.

Standard bore wiseco prolite pistons.

Leager +2+1 a arms.

New fly wheel.

New Riky stator stator.

New clutch.

boysen reeds on stock cages Ricky Stator adjustible timing plate.

Aftermarket handle bars

Nerf bars.

T.O.R.S removed

New rear axle carrier bearings.

new seat cover.

New K&N dual pod filters with outerwears.

Adjustible LRD pipes with toomey silencers.

Fast trekker rear tires 75% tread left.

Front bandit tires 90% tread left

shock covers.

aluminum oil dipstick

:shrug: I would say.....No I'd keep the shee

I raced a buddy of mines 250R that has been piped and jetted and that is it, it wasn't even a race, but I have more mods than that. That was also on paddles in the sand. I personally wouldn't do it, especially with all the mods you have done to yours.

Yea I think im going to stick with the shee. I think the only reason I want to trade so bad is 1. because I kinda wanted a 250r for some reason and 2. because the paint job is kick ass. I think I will just get mine painted or pouder coated over the winter because I cant stand the way it looks right now.

They guy just told me it has port work and reeds too. I think im gunna take a look at it and if I like it then im gunna do the trade. I dont really need it as a drag bike just as a play bike. I have my 87 shee that has almost everything as the 96 execpt for the +2+1 Aarms. I will keep you guys updated and if I trade I will post up some pics. Its one of the nicest R's I have seen in a while.

Dude paint looks nice but if your bike is mechanically sound and works good don't even think about trading. Think about it...a 350 twin vs a 250 single? It's not rocket science there's no replacement for displacement and an extra cylinder NEVER

• 2 years later...

I own an 86 250R and a Banshee so i can give you some unbiased info, not saying anyone here is biased but you know what i mean. There both Great quads But in there own areas. My 250R is stock other than Piped and Jetted, K/N intake and 39mm Keihin Carb. My Banshee is stock other than 2:1 single carb intake, Toomey T-5 Pipes and thats about it. In a straight away My Banshee is flat out Faster no ifs ands or butts! The 250R Just dont have that Crazy Pull off the line like my Banshee does. On the Track i gotta go with the 250R tho, Much easier to whip around, jump and control the overall quad. If your going for straight out speed than stick with your Banshee, Unless the 250R is Worked it aint gonna touch your SHEE. I think after a few weeks you would really be missing your Banshee. Id get rid of My 250R before i would get rid of my SHEE! Thats just my opinion.

I love 250Rs but I'm gonna have to say no, I wouldn't trade my banshee for one. I would on the other hand love to have both without a doubt. Some of those Rs with sabertooth top ends are near 500cc's and fuckin evil as hell