bent g-force axle

I bent my g-force axle last month in a collision at the dunes. Well I finally stopped being lazy and sent it back to rocky mountain. I was wondering how exactly they are going to straighten it and how will it hold up after? Has anyone delt with them regarding a bent axle? I called them but the guy who straightens axles wasn't in.

they probly wont straightn it... they will replace it and send your to g-force.. they will try to salvage it or just use the metal to melt down and make a new one. seems they would have more reliability issues trying to striaghten it out... i know with frame they have a jig that they strap it to and use a sort of electrical shock and "zap" your frame back. we had to do it a few times when racing go karts and we got into wrecks. not sure if this is something they woud do or not... but heating it and trying to get it within tolerances would cost them more time and money then just replacing it.

I had a buddy tweak one on his YFZ like 2 weeks ago.. he called them up the day it happened and sent it out the next day.. he got it back like last week and if the axle they sent him isn't brandnew than damn they do good work.... perfect chrome finish all the splines look good also he had a groove where he got a wire wrapped up on it and rode it like that wearing a small groove around the axle and it was even gone...I say they send you a brandnew one :thumbsup:

Josh

Lonestar, RPM, and DuraBlue all straighten bent axles.

They try to straighten them. I bent my LSR and they didnt get it straight. It is better than it was but the tire still wabbles. The rim isnt bent because it does it with my new sand tires on as well.

Well I called RMATV today and the guy who straightens the axles said that they use a machine with NO heat involved. He guaranteed me that it will be just as strong as a brand new one. That doesn't make sense to me but we will see. I would think he knows what he is talking about. They straighten them if possible if not they send will send me a new one. If I bend it again (easily) i am gonna put it in a vise and bend it so it can't be straightened. That way I will get a brand new one :evil:.

Edited by Hollister_Hitman

if you snet the axle to g-force themselves they replace it for free. they replace anything of theres that has a bend or break... its part of thier life-time warranty/garantee.

i bent mine a while ago... i contacted the guy i got it off and he saidd to send it in so he could send it to them and in exchange id get a replacment FOC. i didnt send it in cos i had just bought an Nuro... but i have friends that have bent/broken g-force and they say its free too.

if you snet the axle to g-force themselves they replace it for free. they replace anything of theres that has a bend or break... its part of thier life-time warranty/garantee.

i bent mine a while ago... i contacted the guy i got it off and he saidd to send it in so he could send it to them and in exchange id get a replacment FOC. i didnt send it in cos i had just bought an Nuro... but i have friends that have bent/broken g-force and they say its free too.

G Force is a Rocky Mountain Atv brand. You can only get the axle through that company. What your saying is like if you have a problem with your yamaha banshee you send it back to the factory in japan vs. taking it to the yamaha dealer. I highly doubt that your getting around the place that straightens the axles and getting a replacement directly from the manufacturing company.