BANSHEE BREAKING FROM MID TO HIGH RANGE

i jus got off the phone with the original owner and he told me when he had the bike he had a high compression head on it... and when he sold it he switched it back to the standard head?

the bike is currently bored .80 over?

he told me the bike was tuned for the high compression head...

no to go back to stock i would think it would richen up alot?

but the bike seems to be runnin lean?

Mine use to cut out at higher rpms and i thought it was a jetting problem, turned out my sparkplug caps were bad. Paid $6.00 for 2 new ngk caps and she ran perfect , no more popping and backfiring at mid to high rpm. You will have to test them with a ohm meter. :beer:

well i took the coil of my runnin bansheee... so i know it was a goood coil?

i do have the tube in between the carbs...

wat other things should i try switching

If one spark plug is a normal brown color and one is white. Could be the crossover tube gone or an airleak on one side. And if water came out of the flywheel cover my guess is that it was there some time and your stator could be rusted or bad. maybe test the stator with a ohmmeter?

well i took the coil of my runnin bansheee... so i know it was a goood coil?

i do have the tube in between the carbs...

wat other things should i try switching

If one spark plug is a normal brown color and one is white. Could be the crossover tube gone or an airleak on one side. And if water came out of the flywheel cover my guess is that it was there some time and your stator could be rusted or bad. maybe test the stator with a ohmmeter?

Alright, i got it. I took my carbs apart and checked the flywheel, stator, boots, and ignition. I started my bike and then i took it for a test run and then it hit me, if the spark is there then the gas isn't. I rode it without the seat and there it was. Air bubbles in my gas line. There was a restricted gas flow through my inline filter. The stupid filter was dirty. I emptied out the gas and the pingle was also full of sludge. Then i changed the spark plugs and its back to normal.

david

well i finally got it.. after pulling the flywheel cover off to check the stator andpick up coil i found some water inside of it... so i decded it to run the bike with the cover off to check if that was the problem... kinda dangerous but i did it...

and lord behold it ran like a raped ape...

i appreciate everything u guys suggested