will anyone chrome my pipes

bansheeyfz

Dunno how far you are willing to send your pipes, but I know crown plating in utah can re-plate used pipes. They charge a bit more since they have to clean the shit out of the pipes before they can dip them. They are really back-logged right now anyway, so....

- Jared

You could get them ceramic coated, not as shiny but would definitly be a different look, wouldnt turn blue. Getting someone to ceramic coat them would be easier than a chrome plater. Ive got some jet-hot coated headers on my chevelle, well worth the money

Chrome is the only way to go on a 2 stroke. Yea if it was a 4 stroke I would say send it to jet hot. They did my raptors exhaust and it looks sweet. Were talking about a machine that burns on average of 1 quart of oil for every 8 gallons of gas. Your dealing with oil, and lots of it. Try cleaning off burn oil on jet hot coated pipes. With chrome you can just get some 0000 Steel Wool and some Acetone and take it right off. The Acetone disolves the oil. Use Acetone on your jet hot coated pipes and the coating comes right off.

Last year I was trying to find a pipe chromer like you were. I called about a half dozen places all around the US and the average price was between $300 and $400 buck for a new set. You better off selling what you have and buying new ones already chromed.

Chris

Yeah, it is tought to find someone to chrome used pipes,a nd it's generally expensive. I had mine PCed, it's a lot more durable although it's going to be a flat color. I ride trails, and I don't really care how it looks so it works for me.

I've never heard any downsides to the ceramic coating, but I've never used it. That should give you the chrome look kind of, with some additional HPs.

Im thinking about hi-temp powdercoating my shearers. If it works great, if not ill do somthing else. The chrome sucks ass on them now so I may as well try something new.

Chrome is the only way to go on a 2 stroke. Yea if it was a 4 stroke I would say send it to jet hot. They did my raptors exhaust and it looks sweet. Were talking about a machine that burns on average of 1 quart of oil for every 8 gallons of gas. Your dealing with oil, and lots of it. Try cleaning off burn oil on jet hot coated pipes. With chrome you can just get some 0000 Steel Wool and some Acetone and take it right off. The Acetone disolves the oil. Use Acetone on your jet hot coated pipes and the coating comes right off.

LOL, how often do you get a bunch of oil on the pipes? when I get done ridding I just simple green everything and it turns out great again. I personly like the ceramic coating on my pipes, it looks different but way good. And keeps everything cool. Just my .02

basheesunset.jpg

does anybody do pipe chroming or knows of anyone? if so where are you/they located and a round about price?

RIS design out in California did mine. I think it was 200 and that was for the show chrome. And they stand behind there work. Mine had already been ran also.

Edited by Malott 1

if your near mexico take it there... they will chrome anythig you want... they dont give a shit about contamination casue they just dump the old shit in a field 90% of the time anyways so they arnt paying disposal fees... i know theres one place in TJ that dose alot of show chrome for hotrod magazine

LOL, how often do you get a bunch of oil on the pipes? when I get done ridding I just simple green everything and it turns out great again. I personly like the ceramic coating on my pipes, it looks different but way good. And keeps everything cool. Just my .02

basheesunset.jpg

I havent seen a 2 stroke bike or atv that didnt seep some oil out where the pipe meets the cylinder.