2 into 1 jetting

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i had my two into one my jetting was 35 pwk, dek 4th clip, 58 pilot, 205 main with trinity stage 4 pipes, stage 2 porting. Hope this helps

Thanks!!! :beer:

If it's a DGK when you open it up I'd go ahead and drop in the EEK. Let me know what you end up with, I'm at 1000ft BTW and I'm about 5 hours from Memphis (North Alabama) so our climate is similar. :beer:

Definitely will do, I'm about to load it up and take it out somewhere where I can open it up as well as change the jetting as needed. Hopefully when I bring it home she'll be dialed in pretty close.

Are there any good riding spots in your area? My friends and I are always for good places to ride, and it seems like all the good spots around here are being shut down, or have diminished into nothing.

Yeah. there's some great places to ride. Click on the ridgeriding.com link in my sig and browse the pics and motocross section too. You'd like this place and they have a cabin rental too if you could make a weekend trip. Hit me up if you think you might want to ride. It's right above Birmingham on I59. :thumbsup:

Yeah. there's some great places to ride. Click on the ridgeriding.com link in my sig and browse the pics and motocross section too. You'd like this place and they have a cabin rental too if you could make a weekend trip. Hit me up if you think you might want to ride. It's right above Birmingham on I59. :thumbsup:

That place in your sig looks really cool, I'll have to get my friends together and plan a weekend trip sometime in the late spring or summer time and will definitely let you know when we go. :beer:

Well, I think I got the jetting issue squared away, but have encountered a new problem, LOL. It "seems" like the carb bowl is running dry. I'll be on it and it'll go for a good distance (enough to get to 6th) and then it will cut out...when I give it gas it just bogs and I'll have to come to a stop, wait a second, pull the choke and it will fire right back up and I can go about the same distance and have to do it again. It was so cold yesterday we didn't mess with it too much, but I'm planning on checking the petcock and making sure it's clean, and if it is clean, I'll remove the hose from the gas cap and see if that helps. I just don't see how those cylinders could be sucking the bowl dry with a 38mm carb and there not be a fuel delivery problem to the carb. :shrug:

As far as the jetting goes, putting that eek needle in there made a night and day difference, cleared the mid-range bog right up. It had some funky needle in it, looked like a really lean needle...it had a strange group of numbers and letters on it not like anything I'd seen before. Kept the 50 pilot, and am on a 215 main right now and will probably go up to a 220.

Thanks again for everyone's input :notworthy:

Go up about 3-4 sizes on the mains and your shee will rip...Your running too lean, as soon as you hit it and the powerband kicks in, your shee is pulling the fuel so quick that it empties the gooseneck between the main and the venturi of the carb. Your main isn't large enough to supply the sudden rush of fuel...Certain pipes and engine combos will do that even if they are only 1-2 sizes too lean..My ptr mids did that, went up 2 sizes and perfect...

Go up about 3-4 sizes on the mains and your shee will rip...Your running too lean, as soon as you hit it and the powerband kicks in, your shee is pulling the fuel so quick that it empties the gooseneck between the main and the venturi of the carb. Your main isn't large enough to supply the sudden rush of fuel...Certain pipes and engine combos will do that even if they are only 1-2 sizes too lean..My ptr mids did that, went up 2 sizes and perfect...

Really? So you had the same problem, it would die as soon as it came on the pipe hard? Cause that's basically what is happening...as soon as it really starts pulling it gives out and wants to die...but will start right up once I stop and pull the choke...

Thanks banchetta, it's nice to see you around :beer:

you dont happen to have a fuel filter between the tank and the carb do you? I was having the same issue with my 2into1 running dry and finally traced it back to the stupid fuel filter. It must off allowed just enough time for the bowl to not fill and cause it to die out. Just a thought if you have one, remove it.

Nope, no fuel filter...but I had thought that maybe if the petcock was dirty it would produce the same result. I'm gonna grab some more jets and see what 3 or 4 sizes bigger will do. Banchetta's theory makes good sense to me, and I already need to up the jetting a little...I'm hoping that fixes it, cause I really don't want to spend any more money on this banshee, lol

Yup, same thing. I was running 280 mains on the ptr mids w/ no other mods. Hit the throttle, just as the pipe came on hard, it died like someone hit the kill switch. If I let off quick enough, it would actually catch back on and idle, try it again and same thing. I didn't think it was the mains either at first. I pulled my lines off the carbs to make sure there was fuel, checked the floats, finally just went to 300 mains and walla!! Pulled like a train...The 300's were actually my perfect jet size as well. Go figure. Funny thing is your the only other shee I've heard to do that.

Yup, same thing. I was running 280 mains on the ptr mids w/ no other mods. Hit the throttle, just as the pipe came on hard, it died like someone hit the kill switch. If I let off quick enough, it would actually catch back on and idle, try it again and same thing. I didn't think it was the mains either at first. I pulled my lines off the carbs to make sure there was fuel, checked the floats, finally just went to 300 mains and walla!! Pulled like a train...The 300's were actually my perfect jet size as well. Go figure. Funny thing is your the only other shee I've heard to do that.

I've never heard of something like this happening before...First thing I checked was the float, it was in spec, and then saw fuel was in fact flowing to the carb, I could only come up with maybe it wasn't flowing fast enough to the carb and the bowl was going dry....but the fact that it would start up after I stopped boggled the shit out of me. We were almost leaning towards electrical, but the fact that it ran like a beast with no sputtering or hesitation (until it dies), that it couldn't be electrical. I have to get some more jets since I only have a 220 left, but will definitely post back with how things turn out. I really appreciate you chiming in on this, I was hoping someone else ran into the same problem :notworthy:

Hi guys, i would like to keep that post alive a bit. That is a good timming for me because i have a 2in1 35mm in the mail right now. Bought it use and never jet that set up or a Keihin before. So i could use a little help to begin the jetting or next week i might have to start a two pages topic about it :whistling: . Look like some of you know your shit really well. I ask the guy and i didnt know what is inside the carb, he bought it new, pre-jet from Trinity for 1000ft at 90 F. The thing is that i am at ``sea level`` at around 15 F right now, you can see my mods at the bottom. Any info and suggestions will be appreciated. Oh and i have a inline fuel filter, any futur problem or not?

Tanks guys.

Feel free to use this post as much as you want to get your bike dialed in when your carb shows up, I think it's a good idea too. If I were you and had to give it my best guess I'd shoot for a 45 pilot, maybe a 190 main and after switching to it, I definitely recommend picking up the eek needle. That alone made a big difference in how mine ran. I started off in the third spot on the needle. Be prepared to mess with the jetting though, I'd go ahead and pick up a few jets around your starting point cause the chances of it being spot on the first time are slim! lol

I personally would ditch the fuel filter, but if you haven't had any problems out of it there really is no reason to get rid of it until it becomes a problem :shrug:

Ok thank man, i might try it or wait for the summer and jet it right for a long period. There is not a lot of place to WOT in the snow :biggrin: I have one more question, what with all the different needles? what is the diffenrence, length, shape? and do you like your 2in1 for trail riding.

Ok thank man, i might try it or wait for the summer and jet it right for a long period. There is not a lot of place to WOT in the snow :biggrin: I have one more question, what with all the different needles? what is the diffenrence, length, shape? and do you like your 2in1 for trail riding.

Doesn't matter what type of riding. If your shee likes it, it'll like it everywhere....Get EEK needles, everyone w/ the single carb setup is raving about them.....In fact, I switch from CEJ to the DEJ needles on my twin carbs and noticed night and day....Still haven't tried the EEK, wouldn't surprise me if thats my final key that I'm missing....Selling the shee now though, so no use...