2 into 1 jetting

Yup, same thing. I was running 280 mains on the ptr mids w/ no other mods. Hit the throttle, just as the pipe came on hard, it died like someone hit the kill switch. If I let off quick enough, it would actually catch back on and idle, try it again and same thing. I didn't think it was the mains either at first. I pulled my lines off the carbs to make sure there was fuel, checked the floats, finally just went to 300 mains and walla!! Pulled like a train...The 300's were actually my perfect jet size as well. Go figure. Funny thing is your the only other shee I've heard to do that.

Mine did that when I had my 2-1 setup and changed from pt mids to rockets. I thought bowl was getting sucked dry too. Couldn't figure it out so I got mad and went back to 2 carbs.

And the EEK needle was the biggest difference made in any of my jetting experience with the 2-1 setup as well. We can all thank sredish for that one.

EDIT: What jets are you looking for bigboy? I still have some from my 2-1 setup that I prolly won't use anymore.

Edited by dave95.1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok thank man, i might try it or wait for the summer and jet it right for a long period. There is not a lot of place to WOT in the snow :biggrin: I have one more question, what with all the different needles? what is the diffenrence, length, shape? and do you like your 2in1 for trail riding.

Haven't got the chance to actually ride any trails with it yet, just make some test runs on a straight path to see how it's running.

The needles differ in the shape of their taper. The shape and thickness of the needle makes a big difference in how the gas comes out of the main jet.

I actually might be forced to sell of my 2 into 1 carb, cause I read today that keihin only goes up to a 230 main jet, and I'm on 215 now and it's still pretty lean on top. I don't know, time will tell!

Dave, the biggest jet I have is a 220, I'll need all of them between 220 and 230. If you got them, I'll gladly pay you...it's been real tough trying to find those, and I don't want to order them from the dealership @ 6 bucks a pop if I don't have to

If one of you have a 188 main to spare I'd gladly buy it.

Checked, but didn't have any...

Yeah talking about this, where you guys buy your needles and jets anywhere else than the dealership? i search on eBay and couldnt find jet kit for it. If im lucky maybe the carbs already have a EEK in it.

Jets I usually get from the dealership, but if they don't have them I'll call Jeff @ FAST and he has them in stock. I haven't had to buy any needles, I've always been lucky to get them with my carbs :smile: I'm sure Jeff can get those for you too.

I actually might be forced to sell of my 2 into 1 carb, cause I read today that keihin only goes up to a 230 main jet, and I'm on 215 now and it's still pretty lean on top. I don't know, time will tell!

Here's a thought for you.Put a dial a jet in it and you will have plenty of main adjustment.Just a thought.

I don't have anything above a 220. You're still lean up top with the EEK needle and a 220 main?? You might do some searching about drill/jet sizes. I know someone quite awhile ago was messing with drilling them out to get above the 230. I was stock ported, but down to a 170 with pt mids.

differentstrokes - I'll check tonight on the 188. I know I have a 185 and a 190, not sure about 188 though.

Jeff can get the needles and jets. Before I started dealing with him I was ordering them from carbparts.com. They have much better prices than what you guys are paying.

Edited by dave95.1

As far as I can tell, yeah, it's still somewhat lean. I have a 230 main coming in the mail and if that doesn't do it, I'll either get the dial a jet or switch back to two carbs. I'm planning on messing with it some more this weekend, hopefully I'll get the issue resolved. It's funny you mentioned PT mids, because I'm thinking about throwing my PT mids on there in place of the Toomeys

Dial jet, how does it work? i saw some pictures but didnt really understand the concept. Did you bought one??

Yeah I run them on my cub.It's really a simple concept.They pull fuel from your float bowl and run threw a nozzle set at your own height in the carb horn and there is a knob you turn to metter how much fuel gets drawn in from the suction the intake track has.It's like a siphone.I thought I had a pic of them on my cub but I don't sorry.

Thanks for all the info guys. When i will receive it and start jetting it i will get back to you. Cant wait to try it!!

Cascade innovations ought to be able to provide very close dyno and dune tested jetting for the 2 into 1 intake setup.