spark plugs

headsup

Damn even 4 bucks a piece you can keep them. Ive ran B8ES all of my life and I dont plan on changing anytime soon. 2 Dollars a pop and the only time you foul them out is if You change something and need to rejet, you put around, or let your friends ride it :banghead: . The BR8ES is a resistor plug and it doesnt have as good of a spark. Alot of people who have radios attached to their Banshees use them :blink:

Ive heard of some of you guys who run Nology Coils and Dyna or other aftermarket Ignitions use them. Im curious why they are called for?

Also are there any other Coils like Nology? Diffrent Distributor? better? worse?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My freind tryed some iridums in his cr125, because he had a fouling problem. They last longer then his normal plugs.

Im gonna stick with the b8es. My sleds use them, my blaster uses them, and when i get a shee i will use them. Plus there only 1.80 at pepboys..

I know several people that run iridium plugs in their MX bikes and they swear by them. I tried them and they did seam to last a little longer than a standard plug, but at $8.00 a pop, they don't last 4x as long as a standard plug. X-country race, they may make sense for a race, but I just trail ride.

Plugs last longer in my shee than they do in my bike though (it uses standard NGK B8ES also). Don't know if Yamaha just has a hotter ignition than Kawi, or what.

just bought some of the iridium plugs,they seem to run great,banshee was seems to be a lot more snappy,but i payed $11.00 per plug ,sounds like i got ripped off.

okay, thnx. i will use the standard plug and change more often. i bought 4 this morn, took it out to the sand lot to practice launches, seemed to run fine again. i got these plugs at napa.

Yo i change plugs after every hard day of riding. Theres nothing like a fresh plug.

Damn, What do you do with all of your used plugs? I hope you dont throw them away :confused:

When I change my plugs after every hard day of riding. I usually just throw them in the garbage, cause I dont plan on using them after that day. I get my plugs from advance auto parts at $1.80 a piece I buy four at a time, and I put in fresh plugs every time I go riding.

Got a stock 02....just bought it but I have about 10 hours on the plugs and it runs perfect. Then, it's me and my son on his 660 Raptor flying around the state park...so I keep it revved and clean. The guy I bought it from said it fouled plugs but I don't thin he was running it enough or hard enough.

Time will tell....

When I change my plugs after every hard day of riding. I usually just throw them in the garbage, cause I dont plan on using them after that day. I get my plugs from advance auto parts at $1.80 a piece I buy four at a time, and I put in fresh plugs every time I go riding.

Damn man. Put em in a box and ill take em. As long as there not fouled ill run them. The only time i need a new plug is for a plug chop anyway..

There are plug cleaners out there that work pretty good, I just sand blast it if I foul it out and it works great afterwords. But I guess most people don't have a blaster at home.

Hope you get all the media out of the plug. I bet glass beads or what ever you use in your blaster isnt to hot on an engine.

just bought some of the iridium plugs,they seem to run great,banshee was seems to be a lot more snappy,but i payed $11.00 per plug ,sounds like i got ripped off.

u did get ripped i paid like 7or8 bucks for them at a dealership thats with tax. if you buy enough from them they will start giving u a discount. and i dont care what people say i bought my banshee to ride it not work on it and feel like im a mechanic. i say pay the extra and change them twice a year. but hey thats my two cents.