Gearing? What do you like?

LiftdT4R

• 6 months later...

It took me a while to find my gearing but I run a 17/41 on 18 rears and 8" rims. It's perfect plus everyone who is retarded and gears their bikes all down just so they can spin more and top out slower just get ripped to shreds and I have gears left. I have quite a bit of motor work done to mine, my friend had a stock piped banshee and ran a 15/41 and it pulled it. I do a lot of wide open riding though, in the woods my first is pretty long, but I like it.

Edited by 2Smoker

• 4 weeks later...
Most of my buddies run 12/43 or 12/45, and the reason is when we crawl around the dunes it's sorta nice to have a few granny gears to play with. Ya, I'm sure you could go a few more teeth to gain some more top in. But I have found you really need to try a few setups to find the one that works best for you. :beer:

I agree. I ride trails alot and run a 13 up front. I use the lower gears alot and top end is something I don't really need more of where I ride.

That's what I figured, I love the -1 up front. I like the low end, we do some nasty hill climbs too, so I do;t mind having the at most the first 2 gears as granny gears. I'll probably end up trying some different combos. I want to stick with the -1 up front, but I wasnt sure wethter to order a 41 or bigger for the back. I have a decent amount of torque as it is, the +4 timing and milled ehad should help enough with the low end.

:confused:

I know this topic is old but Ive got to get something straight here. smaller gears equals more top-end and bigger gears equals more low-end. Im not sure if thats what yall meant but I thought I would just clarify.