What type of plugs do you guys run?

2001JLShee

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these plugs with different lengths of resistors is all crap BR8ES are the standard resistor type. The oitl type, oil-Ratio mix,Temp And altitude, all can play a big effect an a two stroke twin when not tuned correctly. Or the classic low RPM rider's cause plug falling. Anything else is just plain Bull SEET. BR8ES provide plenty of flame for the fire while insuring a cooling running engine. CDI boxes are worth there money in gold for hotter spark and easy Timing curve changes on the fly with high end race units.....

BR9EGV's are a diffrent resistor type plug w/ a thinner inner wire. Not a bad plug but more for running alcohol. Chatted w. a good friend on the west coast today about his thoughts. PLugs are plugs unless they are not sparking. life and spark are diffrent between them but as i said in the last post oil type and tuning will be the factors in how any of them run

BR9EGV's are a non resistor type plug w/ a thinner inner wire. Not a bad plug but more for running alcohol. Chatted w. a good friend on the west coast today about his thoughts. PLugs are plugs unless they are not sparking. life and spark are diffrent between them but as i said in the last post oil type and tuning will be the factors in how any of them run

Those are a Resisotr plug. That is what the R is in BR9EGV. If you wanted the non resistor version it would be B9EGV.

BR8ES= Resistor

B8ES= Non Resistor

agreed thats plugs 101, There are two types of resitors. when you run a motor with a CDI box it can cause RFI when running the wrong plugs. You should check it out, a great place to start is the NGK site.

My mechanic did tell me that BR9ES plugs aren't supposed to be as hot of a plug. I put the 9's in probably about 5 or 6 months ago and have had absolutely no problems. My Shee is jetted a bit lean but it runs extremely strong.

ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER SELF PROCLAIMED BANSHEE TECH...FIND A NEW TECHNITION...CMON MAN THEY PAY PEOPLE 150,000 DOLLERS A YEAR FOR EXPERTS TO RESEARCH THESE THINGS AND FIND OUT WHAT PLUG RUNS THE BEST,PROPER CLEARANCES AND SO ON WHY DO WE FEEL THE NEED TO TRY AND PROVE THEM WRONG WHAT DID YAMAHA DO TO YOUR BANSHEE THAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU NEED A DIFFERENT SPARK PLUG YA KNOW IV BEEN RUNNING BR8ES IN EVERY BANSHEE IV EVER OWNED AND NEVER EVEN HAD THOUGHTS OF TRYING ANOTHER PLUG CAUSE IV HAD NO NEED TO. TUNE YOUR BIKE IF YOU KNOW IT IS LEAN THEN FATTEN IT UP MAN DONT LUNCH A MOTOR PUT AN 8 IT AND LEAVE IT...NO DISRESPECT BY ANYMEANS JUST HATE TO SEE PEOPLE TEARING UP THER BIKES CAUSE SOME CARPORT MECHANIC SAYS TRY THIS AND TRY THAT OHH AND IV WORKED ON BIKES THAT PEOPLE INSISTED ON IRRADIAM PLUGS TAKE THE MONEY TO THE STRIP CLUB BROTHER CAUSE YOULL DAMN SURE GET MORE....LOL

well said i have been trying to say that for two days now. NICE

Never have i lost a plug to to carbon build up on the banshee. Its all about the tuning

ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER SELF PROCLAIMED BANSHEE TECH...FIND A NEW TECHNITION...CMON MAN THEY PAY PEOPLE 150,000 DOLLERS A YEAR FOR EXPERTS TO RESEARCH THESE THINGS AND FIND OUT WHAT PLUG RUNS THE BEST,PROPER CLEARANCES AND SO ON WHY DO WE FEEL THE NEED TO TRY AND PROVE THEM WRONG WHAT DID YAMAHA DO TO YOUR BANSHEE THAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU NEED A DIFFERENT SPARK PLUG YA KNOW IV BEEN RUNNING BR8ES IN EVERY BANSHEE IV EVER OWNED AND NEVER EVEN HAD THOUGHTS OF TRYING ANOTHER PLUG CAUSE IV HAD NO NEED TO. TUNE YOUR BIKE IF YOU KNOW IT IS LEAN THEN FATTEN IT UP MAN DONT LUNCH A MOTOR PUT AN 8 IT AND LEAVE IT...NO DISRESPECT BY ANYMEANS JUST HATE TO SEE PEOPLE TEARING UP THER BIKES CAUSE SOME CARPORT MECHANIC SAYS TRY THIS AND TRY THAT OHH AND IV WORKED ON BIKES THAT PEOPLE INSISTED ON IRRADIAM PLUGS TAKE THE MONEY TO THE STRIP CLUB BROTHER CAUSE YOULL DAMN SURE GET MORE....LOL

Well put. But...can you please turn the caps lock off? Normally it's reserved for shouting....:)

:beer:

Well put. But...can you please turn the caps lock off? Normally it's reserved for shouting....:)

:beer:

What are you a moron Dyna says outright dont change the wire's .stock wire's are fine. So what do you do you change the wires. What do you think you know more the then the engineers from Dyna FS, In all my years of riding and racing i have never herd such a hill billy in my life.

So answer me this Ban-(SHE)-Man why do all of the leading banshee aftermarket Co. Make bottles. You think its really a selling gimic for the last 20years. White bros. Alba action. Trinity, Toomey they all stand by them for woods racing the Dunkan XC banch .w A over sized bottle. Yaa they just must have wanted to add weight and a risk of cracking boots in a 8 hr endurance race. So if you can tell me ? ill step up and say ok now i see they are crap. But if not you must do the same. Sounds like a fair deal in a place of dissagreement.