my YFZ450 a-arm install

Mullet Man

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah will the 450 spindals work and brakes and all that good stuff

what i gather from other people who have done this install in a different manner then i did. yes they will work. but i do not know how much if any difference there is (in relation to the angles of tie-rod vs. a-arm).

brake lines will not work as far as i know.

i do know that YFZ brakes are a better design. and according to Shee-male, the YFZ spindle/hub assembly is aluminum so it will be lighter.

i see no reason for it not to work. i think it would work very well!

tho price would certainly go up some i would think.

Edited by Mullet Man

i though the 450 brakes r duel pistons though better stopping power

yes. brakes/spindles/hubs will work. brake lines will not.

i just dont know how the spindles differ in size to banshee spindles. if they do differ in size, this could affect the tie-rod to a-arm angles. but i do not know for sure.

i would think they would be almost identical tho. i am only speculating

Edited by Mullet Man

Have yfz calipers and shocks look for a arms to do this mod. Where would you get the heim joints to install on the lower arms? eric :thanks:

heres one place..

http://www.midwestcontrol.com/

its a little more complicated then just threading the heims in.

you will need inserts welded into the arms, spacers for the heims, some other issues also. cover you bases!

please post pics and info of your install!!

Edited by Mullet Man

liking the budget a-arm setup! :notworthy:

im curious... I bought my quad with works shocks... they have the remote res's...

would i have to use the 450 shocks with this setup do you think? or would it be better to keep my works...

what would be the better setup? I want to send my shocks in for a rebuild as im not sure of their history anyway but if im better off buying the 450 shocks thats what I would do...

but im guessing the works units are a better piece?

any suggestions?

:thanks: in advance

i dont know about the works shocks.

i do know that with yfz arms and yfz shocks, the bike still sits lower in the front. alot lower then with yfz shocks and stock arms.

you could probably sell the works shocks and damn near cover the whole YFZ conversion imo

Awesome write up man, I have a set of re valved 450 shocks already fitted that I picked up real cheap. Now I have a perfect set of 450 a arms and tie rods for free, been thinking about doing this for quite a while now. One question though, how does the location of the grease nipple sit now? Does the grease still stay inside? I was thinking of just welding the part that has been cut off back on the other side, what you think?? :blink: