tires for snow....

FMX_RM250

ok...i just got my banshee this summer and have not yet rode it in the winter.....im pretty pumped, it should be fun...and with winter commin right around the corner i want to know what the best tires for traction on snow is in your opinion... also i dont wanna use studs if i dont have to......thanks

-Kevin

ok...i just got my banshee this summer and have not yet rode it in the winter.....im pretty pumped, it should be fun...and with winter commin right around the corner i want to know what the best tires for traction on snow is in your opinion... also i dont wanna use studs if i dont have to......thanks

-Kevin

you ever seen those " snow " tires that have the like cross crossing tread pattern . i seen alot of drag people use them on big motors for sand drags. I dont know nothin about snow i live in florida..... just figured the " snow " tires i seen would be great , and i seen pics of them in the snow riiiiiiiipppppin . just my .02

DMC...that snow vid is kick ass....

Ty...I'm surprised you don't use your grooved/chopped kendas in the snow.

I figured they'd paddle through quite nicely...

Wait...do they even have snow in MO???? Ya know we get dumped on in MI...

:yelrotflmao:

I'm going to pickup (make that borrow) a set of cut turf tamers that have 1 inch carbide studs in them for the ice racing this year... The guy that made 'em used fender washers...and these studs don't move at all....

I can't wait to get out on the ice...but, I'm ready for a dune trip or two first!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

no never tried paddles but all i did last year was use 1/2" holiday studs & put 2 studs in each knob of my I-Razrs ... they hooked up Amazingly on Ice !! & they worked really good in snow but nothing any deeper then 10-12". the Shee's down for the winter this year :sad: but going 421 4mil Cub in the spring ! :woot: !! (Nova Scotia, Canada... Belive me i know winters lol)