place to buy a shift kit?

when drag racing, my bike misses shifts like crazy, and its not the driver, several people ride it and when i go to shift its like it never leaves the gear and sometimes have to shift it up like 4 times to hit the next gear (only when drag racing). is there a stiffer spring or something i could try besides a different tranny to keep my shifts quick and percise

when drag racing, my bike misses shifts like crazy, and its not the driver, several people ride it and when i go to shift its like it never leaves the gear and sometimes have to shift it up like 4 times to hit the next gear (only when drag racing). is there a stiffer spring or something i could try besides a different tranny to keep my shifts quick and percise

if you don't have a modded shift star ,you could try getting yours modded or buying one.also check your shift shaft to make sure its ok and adjusted right.you'll need to pull the clutch cover to check that the shift shaft is adjusted properly.

Edited by blueshee03

if you don't have a modded shift star ,you could try getting yours modded or buying one.also check your shift shaft to make sure its ok and adjusted right.you'll need to pull the clutch cover to check that the shift shaft is adjusted properly.

I agree.

Pull clutch cover off and check the adjustment of the shift shaft and the excentric. If its not adjusted correctly or the springs and worn on shift shaft it wont shift. The service manual tells you step by step to adjust the excentric correctly.

Heres one of a couple on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/BANSHEE-SHIFT-PRO-Shif...1QQcmdZViewItem

Also check the shift shaft,a slightly bent shaft will cause shifting problems.

The shift pro is a very good product,money well spent.It made shifting alot smoother.

Edited by MDS2106

i have a stock shift star, seems to be ok. another problem is when shifting down, the shift lever falls too far down, doesnt click down, goes way down. This is different than any other fourwheeler i have owned. i know something is wrong but dont know what, seems like there isnt a stop on it or something goes like 2 inches lower when shifting down than should, but sometimes (like 10% of the time) it will catch and shift down properlly. where do i get a shift star? i dont really want to buy that spring for 70 bucks unless it really really helps, especially after i bought powerblades for 200 and got them turned out to be a 2 in square box with a piece of cheap metal in it

:thumb: Call Jeff at FAST racing his number is 785-364-5325 I bought a shift shaft and a shift spring mod from him and since then i have never missed a shift and it is alot easier to find neutral and it shifts silky smooth. he will probably have any other parts that you might need also. he is a great guy to deal with and his customer service cant be beat.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem, and the stud that adjust the center point on the star was broke. And it let the shifter fell like it was limp had no spring to it. I went up and seen Jeff last Fri. and i seen a shift star hanging on his wall, give him a call he has just about everything for a banshee, or he can get it. Super nice guy and he knows his stuff. His # is listed on this post.

The shift pro is kinda pricey. There is a altenative!!

The shift pro is kinda pricey. There is a altenative!!

I read an magazine article where they tested the shift pro, said it shifted like butter with no missed shifts while hill climbing. at 69 bucks i would go that way no star wheel to modify, my problem is i cant get tudors to answer his ph, only a recording, and he didnt return my call, stinks i want the kit.