Another Boost bottle ?

I am curious. . . Every topic I see against boost bottles (an I am not here to agrue if they work or not) always says they cause cracks in the intake boots due to the added weight.

If that is the case, my real question would be, for those with the air box removed, do you somehow support the carbs and air cleaner(s)? I was thinking last night when I was working on my carbs that they, along with the air cleaner, are just hanging there being supported by intake boots. That has to be a heck of a lot more stress than the boost bottle.

Should I have some type of bracket on the carbs or air cleaner since there is not airbox to help support everything? If so, anyone have a good description of how you support everything?

Thanks!

Brian

yes.

most filter setups i have seen do not offer any support to the carbs and filters. this is a very stupid way to run a machine and is a good reason why so many people have pod filters falling off, messed up boots, etc.

i have only seen one filter setup that has support brackets and it used a carbon fiber support bracket, but the setup is very expensive, around $150 before shipping.

Edited by csrmel

I ran over 4 years and 1700 gallons of fuel with open k&n filters, and a boost bottle, intake boots still look like new when i went for the 35CV setup, so I would have to say bah to the theory of boost bottle damaging the boots!! just my 2 cents

it isnt just the bottom of the filters which need support. they need to be kept from bouncing around side to side, or even upwards.

513796[/snapback]

indeed..... The boost bottle i use as a ASHTRAY has two mouting holes that mount on the inner upper corner of the boot, so the screws hold them firmly from eratic movement. Maybe u guys need to buy premium boost bottles they add more HP :rolleyes:

I have no support for my K&N filters and have yet to have a problem. The only one thing I have done it put a zip-tie around them to hold them together. The reason for this is that unlike sandgrencivic2k1, my filter don't sit on the frame, they rub against it and make holes in the outerwares and filter eventually. They rub on the mounting posts for the air box. So I just put a zip-tie to hold them together, problem solved. :yank: