Street bike= divorce....

I know how you feel man. My wife was very insecure when we first got married and moved in together. It was a pain and caused allot of grief between us. I had just gotten to my ship in the navy and when I got back from 6mo deployment, I had a ton of money and bought a brand new \\\\\\\'01 929. That bike might as well had been another woman. It was the center of most of our arguments. I wanted to spend my free time riding with the guys instead of hanging with her and so on. She never dropped the D bomb, but she was very pissed. I sold it later to pay some bills when I left again, and then Insurance pretty much made a bike impossible for me. Looking back on it. I\\\\\\\'m really glad I had the bike. It was as much fun as my banshee is now in allot of ways. However, if I would\\\\\\\'ve kept it, i would be in jail now. No shit, i did something grossly illegal everytime I sat on that thing. So keep that in mind. As far as advice for your girl. I really feel like all that grief helped us out allot. If you really love her, and it won\\\\\\\'t affect your life financially, buy the bike. If she really leaves you, then, no offense to her, she\\\'s a selfish controlling bitch that you\\\'ll never be able to have a happy marriage with. If it causes a huge deal and you guys get through it, then you\\\'ll be happier with each other. Don\\\'t lose your girl because you want to show her who\\\'s boss. Be as respectfull as possible and don\\\\\\\'t get mad just because she does. Women aren\\\'t logical creatures most of the time(sorry to the ladies if that pisses you off, just going off my personal experience there). My wife is a different woman now. Loves going to Glamis and letting me ride with the guys. It\\\'s not about showing her who\\\'s boss, it\\\'s about looking at the situation logically, and if it\\\'s something you want that doesn\\\'t negitively affect your realationship except that she just doesn\\\'t want you to have it, then BUY THE BIKE. It might help if you don\\\'t keep her in the dark about it, try to involve her as much as she\\\'ll let you. She might warm up to it when she\\\'s in the stealership. Oh and one more thing, if you want a sportbike, get one, you won\\\'t be happy with a cuiser if you want a crotch rocket, and don\\\'t buy a 600. The GSXR 750 is probably the best bike out there, but the 1000\\\'s only way 20 or 30lbs more, and you\\\'re just going to want one anyway. Sorry for the long post and good luck.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cruiser or rocket it doesnt fuckin matter. the potential to get hurt on either is the same. its the rider that decides whether or not he or she will be stupid...i say buy the bike. if she bounces, fuck her. you know how many hoes you can pull with a street bike??

and don\\\'t buy a 600.  The GSXR 750 is probably the best bike out there, but the 1000\\\'s only way 20 or 30lbs more, and you\\\'re just going to want one anyway.

503423[/snapback]

I disagree, the new liter bikes need experienced riders or they'll hurt you. I'm of the opinion that 99% of riders can't ride a 600 to its full potential. The big difference between them to me is stunt potential.

IMHO the word "Divorce" should never be said in a marriage unless the marriage is heading that way. I own several streetbikes, and while my wife doesn't like them or ride on them, she knows they make me happy so she puts up with it.

If there ever comes a day where my wife threatens to divorce me for something I enjoy or want to try out, I will gladly have the papers drawn up as the relationship would be over anyway. We only have so much time on this planet so use your time doing things that make you happy and ditch the dream killer.

I have been happily married for 12 years and neither the wife nor I have ever said the "D" word when talking about our relationship.

After having a crotch rocket for over a year now... I'd take the crotch rocket option... but that's just me.

Guess it depends too if you have kids or not :D

Oh and as far as the size... you won't be let down with a 600RR or GSX-R750. Get a Liter bike if you're not experienced, and be ready to end up somewhere opposite your bike when you throttle it around the wrong turn.

IMHO unless you're going straight and fast, what's the point of a bike that can do 105 in first gear? 600-750 range is the way to go. Plenty fast (I did 105 in third gear yesterday on my 600 [recently piped & jetted])

-L

I agree with everyone that 90% of the riders out there will never touch the potiential of a newer 600. hell they probably will never get to the limit of one of those old FZR400's Yamaha made that handled so well. Having said that. Any 600 made after 2000 Has way too much power for the inexperienced rider. But they're going to buy one anyway because they look cool, chicks dig'em and they're wicked fast.

I really think a liter bike is easier to cruise on, they don't stay in the upper RPM's while casually crusing down a canyon road like a 600 does. Honestly, the 750 is the way to go. But if you don't want a Suzuki, and dig the undertail exhaust, get the R1, CBR1000, or the ZX10. Although, I'd really Think about the Kawi. that thing is a rocket.

Push, you're right about the stunts. With a liter, you'll pull up a good standing wheelie anywhere south of 90. Try that on a 600. Oh and the chicks love wheelies! Back to your wife man, I really hope you two pull through this and live happily ever after.

Edited by BilDaKid