Street bike= divorce....

yea amen to that.

501814[/snapback]

Yep. If you are going to threaten to kick someones ass to the street, you might as well just do it and get it over with. Especially when a marriage is supposed to be a partnership, not an aquisition of someone as property. Thats called slavery.

Not to get into a rant, or off subject, or piss anyone off, but I'm not about to be anyones slave, and neither should anyone else. Some people have called it arrogance over the years on my part for the way things get done sometimes, but I prefer to call it self respect. :shrugani:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. If you are going to threaten to kick someones ass to the street, you might as well just do it and get it over with. Especially when a marriage is supposed to be a partnership, not an aquisition of someone as property. Thats called slavery.

Not to get into a rant, or off subject, or piss anyone off, but I'm not about to be anyones slave, and neither should anyone else. Some people have called it arrogance over the years on my part for the way things get done sometimes, but I prefer to call it self respect. :shrugani:

501845[/snapback]

Amen to that. :cheers:

Yeah everytime I bring up the subject she tells me that if I get a street bike that I might as well bring the divorce papers with it. I don't know where she got the idea that one bike is safer than the other. I told her that the type of bike doesn't make it any safer......it's the rider who makes the bike safe or dangerous. I do understand her worrys about other drivers and being seen but when she says what i can and can't have and I'm 27 years old........yeah ain't gonna fly. When we just got together and I bought my dirtbike she threw a fit. She told me that I didn't discuss it with her and that I should have told her I was buying a dirt bike etc etc.......I told her that we weren't married and that if it bothered her that much than we shouldn't be together.....she changed her tone real quick. I'm trying to find someone I know that will let me borrow his bike over the weekend so i can see what her reaction would be.

501845[/snapback]

Exactly.

Been there. I'm no stranger to pain, I've been married. Mine pulled the same shit...threats and head games have no place in a relationship IMHO. Unless you're into that kinda thing...

The way I see it you're lookin' at one of two things:

1. She wants to wear the pants so to speak, she gets her way on this issue and next thing you know you're drivin' a Yugo and having your paycheck direct deposited into her hats & manicure fund.

2. She sincerely cares about your health & well-being and stupidly thought a threat of divorce would make you see it her way, in this case it's a simple matter of talking it out to reach a compromise and along the way establish that it ain't cool to draw the line like that.

Good luck B)

maybe there is a compromise to be had.

501790[/snapback]

Yep, I told my wife I wanted a crotch rocket and she said she wanted a second child. I bought my bike in may of 2000, Our second child was born January of 01. :D

Just ask her if she trusts you...When I got my bike my girl was a little nervous but I said I'd be careful and always wear protection helmet, long pants, leather jacket, boots... Since I've had it I actually told her I was going to trade it in for a fourwheeler for her and she wouldn't let me she loves riding on it now. My mom was the one that was against it and still is somewhat but she does trust me, my cousin was killed on a motorcycle a few years ago and that's all she can think about. It really depends on the kind of person you are wether you should ride a bike like that or not, if your going to be stupid on it then you shouldn't have a motorcycle at all. You need to know who's in front, beside, behind and every other possibility all the time. You relax and forget what your doing and you're road kill. As far as her divorcing you that's stupid, it's your life and you only live once if it's something you want and are capable of doing that isn't breaking your marital vows then you should do it. On the other hand as Duece mentioned if you have children you seriously need to consider the risk of not being able to take care of them and not being there to watch them grow up.

If you get a bike, you need to ride like your are invisible. Because you are.

You'd be supprised how many people out there look right at you and still

pull right out in front of you or whatever.

Since I've had my bike, I've been a better driver all around. You just have

to be extra carefull. Crotch rocket or cruiser, they all can equally

eff you up if you dont pay attention to what you are doing.

Where ya @, you can set my bike in your garage to test her out. :rotflmao:

If you get a bike, you need to ride like your are invisible. Because you are.

You'd be supprised how many people out there look right at you and still

pull right out in front of you or whatever.

501943[/snapback]

yeah, but they usually see you when you flip them off or cuss them afterwards, and then they get all pissed off at you for it like you're just being an ass! :confused:

i'd say get your wife involved. maybe she's just upset that it will be something else to take more time away from the two of you. take her shopping for a bike with you, let her 'help' pick one. take her for rides, if she's into it, get her her own bike. we got my wife a 250 ninja and we had lots of good rides together. until the kids came along. pregnancy and babies put a damper on the bike riding, but she still has the bike, and absolutely refuses to sell it even though it just sits in the garage now, unless i ride it. she'll be back on it someday. B)

My wife is kinda the same way about a bike. She works in a Hospital and has seen first hand what can happen helmet or not. She is right it probably would be the death of me. So how long have you been married and do you have kids. If you are gonna pay child support then that wont make up for the gas savings.

We have no kids so that won't be a factor. When we do discuss kids she says that I have to trade in my truck for the baby moile because she doesn't like 4 door cars or SUV's and she likes her '01 mustang GT. So I don't forsee us having kids anytime soon. She has some issues that needs dealt with. I honestly don't see us married 5 years(at the longest) at the rate things are going. She tries to be very controlling in the relationship.

Sorry about that. Cause you really need a 4 door vehicle with kids, a car seat in a stang would be rough but could be done. If that is the case then tell her I gonna get the bike and thats it. Ya know some of the cruisers are pretty cool now. But if I was to get a bike it would be a road rocket GSXR baby.

Yep, I told my wife I wanted a crotch rocket and she said she wanted a second child. I bought my bike in may of 2000, Our second child was born January of 01.  :D

501929[/snapback]

:notworthy: dude your my hero!!! not only did she what she wanted, but got what you wanted at least twice out of the deal :clap::headbang::notworthy:

wowzers. she sounds just a bit controlling :blink:

the whole dirtbike when you just started dating her issue shoulda tipped you off. why get married when you know theres such a big issue? if you know its not gonna last, i beg of you, dont have kids.

i never understood the whole control thing. i have no desire to marry a man who needs a new mommy. and definately no desire to force that control on a man who doesnt want it. nooooooo thank you. i have enough shit to do. thanks anyways.

Wit hthe gas prices now and what they are expected to be I was thinking about getting a street bike.by means of a crotch rocket. i was told by my wife that if I get  crotch rocket she will divorce my ass. My question is should I borrow one from a friend and see what she does or not.......I honestly feel that if getting a street bike is the cause of a divorce than our marriage isn't strong at all.  What would you guys and gals do in this situation???

501764[/snapback]

Get you a nice helmet to go with your new bike. :cheers: