front chain slider

I'd take a slider over a roller anyday. I've had to make a few rollers in a pinch, and when the sand gobs them up and they stop spinning, the chain grinds them down to nothing in a hurry.

The sliders have enough surface area on them that this doesn't happen, and you never have to worry about if the damn thing is working right or not.

How long do the chain slides last? Because I just replaced my roller for $5. I don't know if I could justify spending $30 for a slide when I could get 6 rollers for the same price.

497094[/snapback]

If you're talking about replacing the same "roller" he is, you wouldn't think twice about the swingarm slider. To replace the stock swingarm "roller" (I think Yamaha actually calls it a guard) you have to remove the stock swinger. That alone is worth the extra money. The other rollers are a dime a dozen and quick to replace, plus they are about the same price for Yamaha replacements or UPP or others.