whitch two stroke oil

2strokersteve

the guy i bought mine from ran Amsoil @ 80:1 (low hour bike). i switched to Yamalube @ 40:1 mainly because of the ease of mixing a 16oz bottle into 5 gallons of gas = 40:1. cant beat that. i cant tell a lick of difference in how it runs either. still a bat outta hell :clap:

93/94 octane only

Edited by Mullet Man

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Spectro for years in my dirtbikes( got it for free from all my friends who raced) til I bust up my knees and sold the dirtbikes. then Yamalube(20;1 for the break-in, then 40:1since.) in the '01and the R til last summer summer then switched back to Spectro when a neighbor gave me 4 gallon jugs of it cause he didn't own any 2 stroke dirts anymore( he's got a couple of super motard 4-stokes that can haul ass, too bad he's to gimp to run them properly)

So far I have tried

Yamalube, Castor 927 , Bellray MC1, Bellray H1R, and Amsoil Interceptor (50 to one stuff).

My least favorite so far is the castor, it gummed up my pipes and coated teh top of my pistons with alot of carbon (checked it after only a few trips). I was probably jetted rich but I won't run it again. (Best smelling so far though!). Constantly have to shake up the jugs because this stuff likes to seperate out of the fuel. Not the best for storing in the banshee tank between trips.

Next least favorite is Yamalube, it's just ok oil, not bad not great either. Nothing special about this oil, does not smell terrific, or prevent wear better than other oils I have used.

Bellray MC1, good stuff, nice and cheap if you buy the huge jug, I mixed it 40 to one (recomends 50 to 1). Has a unique smell and mi\xzes with oil right away. I sceen my friends cylinders and there still had good compression after 5 years of riding. What I don't like is that it looks a bit different on the plugs when I was jetting and left a strange color. I seemed to have lead fowling on the plugs (bright yellow) when running this oil, but I think that it was due to a different problem.

H1R, about the same but does not recomend mixing 50 to one) I think it was a bit less likely to fowl my plugs and probably burns a little cleaner. I mixed this together with the MC1 when I ran out. Disadvantage is that they do not sell it in the huge bottle like MC1. This is one of my favorite oils so far.

Amsoil Interceptor. Cleanest burning oil of all these so far, except when the bike has been sitting around. The smell is ok, I am gettign it significantly cheaper than MC1 (even in the big bottle) so I will probably stick with it. This amsoil is ment to be mixed 50 to one like the MC1. I mix it 40 to one. it mixes extreamly easy with the gas. The consistancy of the oil is kinda watery though, I'm not sure if that is a good thing, but it makes mixing faster....

There may be different oils that are better but the extra cost for slightly better wear reduction is usualy not worth it. Basicaly rather than tryin to squeez an extra 6 months or a year out of the motor is not worth the $100's more in oil, I would rather just rebuild so I don't bust a piston or throw a rod.

I will NOT be switching to non synthetics anytime soon ever since I started using them the bike seems to run better and I havent lost hardly any compression over the last 2 years. But I'm NOT planning to run alcahol either.

Edited by Justintoxicated

used to run Motul 800 32:1 but to pricey, switched to Bellray SI7 and it works real good, the low smoke formula leaves very few deposits in the engine and pipes.

i run the klotz super techniplate @40:1 ... has anyone ran the honda hp2? .. last night i pulled the topend off my buddy's shee to install a coolhead, the quad ran all last season on hp2 and the piston were pretty clean very little carbon on em and the cylinder still has some very mild cross hatching in em.... was courious if anyone has ran this oil?? lol its 8 bucks for a pint that mixes 4 gallons :blink:

i'v been running castor 927 for i could'nt tell ya how long and its been good for me.never had any motor failures because of it.as for shaking gas cans ,in my oppinion you give the can of mixed a little shake before you put it in your bike no matter what oil you mix with your gas.i've been running 2 strokes for 35 yrs now and i have always shook the can and always will before pouring.

has anyone ran the honda hp2? .. last night i pulled the topend off my buddy's shee to install a coolhead, the quad ran all last season on hp2 and the piston were pretty clean very little carbon on em and the cylinder still has some very mild cross hatching in em...

I've been running HP2 for about 7 years now in various dirt bikes and quads. The stuff is great and readily available.

The only thing I don't like about the HP2 is that it does not pour or mix with fuel when the temperature is cold. I tried using it in a snowmobile a few years ago and found this out. For winter sports I have been using Yamalube 2R with good success.