bogging ...strange problem

yellabanshee

hey all, I rode my banshee last night and was running strange......I rode last week and it ran great and has been running awesome....

but last night it would start fine and idle, but a soon as you hit the gas it was bogging or acting like the carb was loading up.......I tried to open it up on the road and it would never hit full power......

could this be a dirty carb, stuck float.....clogged jet.....any thoughts ???

thanks ya'll

This will sound dumb, but check to make sure you've got enough gas. If you get low, or need to switch to reserve, the routing of the stock fuel rubber fuel lines will starve the left cylinder before the right. It will continue to run on the right cylinder, but will act somewhat similar to what you are describing. Although, you could also have a plugged jet as well. If it was running fine, it is unlikely that simply swapping plugs will make a difference. It sounds stupid, but in these cases check the "no-brainer" stuff first.

thanks for the input everyone......i cleaned the carbs real well and will fire it up tommorro.........to late for the burb naybers:)

and I am a little drunk to fly around the hood......heehee

I think it was a dirty jet

but one of you mentioned a exhaust thing,,

i took on some water a week ago and it seemed to go away after a few, but can that be an issue?

I went in some water and it bogged down for 3 minutes, then seemed to clear out.......then this new problem.,............

dont know..........just know i like beer.......and this is true

thanks banshee freinds:))

thanks for the input everyone......i cleaned the carbs real well and will fire it up tommorro.........to late for the burb naybers:)

and I am a little drunk to fly around the hood......heehee

I think it was a dirty jet

but one of you mentioned a exhaust thing,,

i took on some water a week ago and it seemed to go away after a few, but can that be an issue?

I went in some water and it bogged down for 3 minutes, then seemed to clear out.......then this new problem.,............

dont know..........just know i like beer.......and this is true

thanks banshee freinds:))

471807[/snapback]

if it got wet that colud be part of your problem

• 1 month later...