Knowledgeable Banshee Guru`s

docbones

What can be done for stiff thumb throttle?

stock carbs or not?? if stock use thumb throttle extender..if aftermarket, cut a couple coils out of springs..this may work for stock too.

What can be done for difficult shifting? Very notchy and hard to shift.

make sure clutch is adjusted properly. possibly purchase modded shift star. possibly call FAST for some new shift parts.

Cutting a few coils off of the spring will help. I think I cut off 3, and then stretched it out a bit to make up the difference.

Something else I have found helps is buying a Honda thumb throttle (look on ebay). This has helped me out more than anything else I have tried. The only thing I personally had to change on the assembly was the cover. I had to polish that bitch down so I didn't have any Honda on my quad... :) I've even heard of people buying the TRX90 Honda throttle because of the longer lever, I saw that over on YFZCentral---->Honda Throttle

Edit: Forgot about the shifting question...I had my shift star modded by boonman here on HQ. I'm not sure if he's doing it anymore, but it helped out A LOT. You can actually find neutral now, and it's not impossible to shift with cheap riding boots on.

You can take the spring right out of the thumb throttle housing, I did and havn't found a disadvantage yet.

As for the shifting, there are mods that can be done to the gears themselves with removeing some of the dogs and such, but if splitting the cases is not in your future then star mod like the other members suggested.