TUSK VS. FZR1000 FIBERS

rocketboy

I dont have any stock fibers on hand but this is the kit i sell that works! I did have some stock steels and these steels have more area to grip than stock.

I hope this pic prints as im not real good with photos.

FAST how do those hold up on asphault drag shees? i run EBC and the still seem to be slipping on top end, and are those clutches you got for running with a lock up? im just trying to figure out what to do about my clutch slippage on top end, they dont slip on bottom end, also do you do override trannys?

Yes they hold up good on asphalt! I believe Tedder is running our clutch on asphalt with no troubles!

We have tried Ebc in the past and broke several plates. Also some of the cheaper kits seem to fade when you get em hot. Most our running them without lockup BUT if your running much over 90 hp you really should have a lockup clutch setup!

Yes on the override questions!

Sorry cb, i reread your post : and are those clutches you got for running with a lock up?

Yes , they work great with a lock up also!

Edited by FASTOYS

I would also like to know what the fibers are from if they are not FZR. All you say is this is the kit that works! I am not doubting you, but you have not answered Rocketboy's question yet. What makes it so special, other than the $95, and its the one that works? From the pics, it looks like the springs have about the same number of coils as the EBC HD. Just curious, this is very interesting.

They are aftermarket fj600 fibers, barnett steels, and barnett steels but not the ones they normally sell for Banshees! They are some i have found to hold up better! Hope this helps the confusion....

I beleive they also fit some years of the fzr 's too.

We tried lots of other brands and these are the only ones we found that held up the best without braking and without fading !!

Edited by FASTOYS

YEAAAH ......RIGHT! LOL :jesterlaugh:

this clutch holds up well..but i only ride slow, usually in only 1st thru 3rd gear. :D

443516[/snapback]

yeah me too!!! I have one of jeffs clutchs in my drag ported cub motor without a lock up have not got it to slip yet! and I like to hot lap the drag strip so the clutch gets a good work out! money well sent since it saved me from having to buy a 375.00 lock up and cover!!!

the man is trying to run a business here why keep buggin him about what he is using? kind of like calling up all the local porters and asking for all there port timing maps. whos to say you aren't gonna just turn around and start your own shop and claim the porting specs as your own.

dont wanta start a war or anything, this is just my opinion on the matter take it or leave it.

Edited by badassbanshee479

yeah me too!!! I have one of jeffs clutchs in my drag ported cub motor without a lock up have not got it to slip yet! and I like to hot lap the drag strip so the clutch gets a good work out! money well sent since it saved me from having to buy a 375.00 lock up and cover!!!

the man is trying to run a business here why keep buggin him about what he is using? kind of like calling up all the local porters and asking for all there port timing maps. whos to say you aren't gonna just turn around and start your own shop and claim the porting specs as your own.

dont wanta start a war or anything, this is just my opinion on the matter take it or leave it.

443646[/snapback]

Thats what I was thinking. "Jeff, tell us exactly what you use on the internet for everyone to see. Then we can find a place that sells the same thing for 3 dollars cheaper and post it here too so we can cut you out to save a dollar" :rotflmao:

Damn people, he's not trying to rip you off.

Thats what I was thinking.  "Jeff, tell us exactly what you use on the internet for everyone to see.  Then we can find a place that sells the same thing for 3 dollars cheaper and post it here too so we can cut you out to save a dollar"  :rotflmao:

Damn people, he's not trying to rip you off.

443659[/snapback]

No shit!!! Not taking away from the other great sellers on here but Jeff is one of the most honest, reputable sellers on these forums. Give the guy a break!

I'm not trying to get jeff to give up any secrets,but the question still remains, where does this "extra" surface area comes from? I don't care who makes them or where he gets them from, or how much his price is on them., I'm not looking for a short cut. If the fibers are made of diffrent stuff then ok, but the claim is more area, so where, dude, do I drag it behind my bike?

The photo shows a plate that looks exactly the same as mine does. While I do not feel that I am asking for "secrets", I do feel that a consumer should be able to understand what one is purchasing. I don't want to get a boost bottle here. I think that Jeff is honest in his claims, I am not calling him a liar or calling into question the validity of his claim or anyone else's--I just want to know HOW as the photo and thus far explanations have not expanded on this area question.

The only way that I see in which you could get more interaction area is to enlarge the OD of the fibers/plates or shrink the ID of the fibers/plates or a combination of the two. Thicker fibers/plates doesn't increase the area just the life which isn't a bad thing either. Thicker plates and fibers will also extend the life of the other clutch components by distributing the load over a wider area. I think the "how" is a valid question and I'd like to hear the answer. I plan on the FAST clutch being my next clutch if I up the HP in the future. Obviously there's a difference though since so many run them and have had no complaints.

• Like 1