TUSK VS. FZR1000 FIBERS

rocketboy

Obviously there's a difference though since so many run them and have had no complaints.

443692[/snapback]

same can be said for a boost bottle . every one uses one,so they must be the cats ass right???? :dance: not down playing the fast kit and its no big secret what fibers get used in it . compared to barnett and ebc its also a pretty competative price for a banshee clutch kit , so really asking someone about their product they sell isnt trying to steal trade secrets, its called being an informed consumer :huh: we arent building spaceshuttles here,its just a clutch :cheers:

same can be said for a boost bottle . every one uses one,so they  must be the cats ass right???? :dance: not down playing the fast kit and its no big secret what fibers get used in it  . compared to barnett and ebc its also a pretty competative price  for a banshee clutch kit , so really asking someone about their  product  they sell isnt trying to steal trade secrets, its called  being an  informed  consumer  :huh: we arent building spaceshuttles here,its just a clutch    :cheers:

443759[/snapback]

Haha, rocketboy says we aren't building space shuttles. Haha, sorry, I just had to laugh when I saw that you said that. :rotflmao::cheers:

we arent building spaceshuttles here,its just a clutch    :cheers:

443759[/snapback]

You mean NASA isn't using Jeff's clutch is the space shuttle? Well they should!! lol

Good point but some people will use that info and buy his clutch and some people will try and save a dollar putting their own together. And I'm sure Jeff appreciate's the call's he gets when people have problems with products they didn't buy from him. Remember, service is worth something.

You mean NASA isn't using Jeff's clutch is the space shuttle? Well they should!! lol

Good point but some people will use that info and buy his clutch and some people will try and save a dollar putting their own together. And I'm sure Jeff appreciate's the call's he gets when people have problems with products they didn't buy from him. Remember, service is worth something.

443801[/snapback]

i find all this very interesting. kinda like mythbusters. ive been told to run those street bike clutchs, which is fine but why.

no one has gave evidence to why. i looked at my inner hub and basket the other nite. there isnt much room to enlarge the fibers. i could be wrong, but would a .001 of an inch make that huge difference.

i find all this very interesting.  kinda like mythbusters.  ive been told to run those street bike clutchs, which is fine but why. 

no one has gave evidence to why.  i looked at my inner hub and basket the other nite.  there isnt much room to enlarge the fibers. i could be wrong, but would a .001 of an inch make that huge difference.

443807[/snapback]

If I recall correctly, the fibers (material) has a wider footprint mated to its steel surface. Obviously the material and gripping capability of it will play the biggest roll in reducing slippage which you also want longevity in the material as well. Most aftermarket fibers and steels are definitly wider than stock.

If I recall correctly, the fibers (material) has a wider footprint mated to its steel surface. Obviously the material and gripping capability of it will play the biggest roll in reducing slippage which you also want longevity in the material as well. Most aftermarket fibers and steels are definitly wider than stock.

443815[/snapback]

Finally, some info! I thought about this also: I was wondering if the fiber material on the fiber plates would be wider, but how much wider? Like a few posts back, a thousandths of an inch isn't going to make that much difference. Ahhhh...and the mystery goes on.

i find all this very interesting.  kinda like mythbusters.  ive been told to run those street bike clutchs, which is fine but why. 

no one has gave evidence to why.  i looked at my inner hub and basket the other nite.  there isnt much room to enlarge the fibers. i could be wrong, but would a .001 of an inch make that huge difference.

443807[/snapback]

this is the clutch that i put in my shee last year.

http://www.trinityracing.com/products/yama...sheeclutch.html

as i stated earlier you have to remove your stock cushions which is where the extra room comes from. the rubber cushions are approximately 1/8th of an inch thick. when you put the clutch fibers next to each other there is a noticable difference in surface area which can be seen from the small pic on the link that i posted.

ding ding ding! winner winner!! Rnbrad gets the prize! If I recall correctly, the fibers (material) has a wider footprint mated to its steel surface. Obviously the material and gripping capability of it will play the biggest roll in reducing slippage which you also want longevity in the material as well. Most aftermarket fibers and steels are definitly wider than stock

The steels are full round where as the stock steels are thinned in one spot!

The fibers have a wider footprint as the stock fibers are narrower for the rubber cusions to fit inside which allows for more gripping surface on your pressure plates!

The springs , well they are just plain to weak on stock and well ....... Ours are just plain stronger!

I thought the ?s would of stopped here :

QUOTE(FASTOYS @ Nov 29 2005, 05:49 AM)

The friction plates and steels we use are much wider than stock for more seating/gripping area. And the springs are not the wimpy little +10% heavier springs some of the other kits use.

Cam2, thanks for the pic. from the Trinity website as i think that will clear up ALL the ?s and the myths!!!!!!! :clap: I wish i would of had a stock fiber laying around for the pic.

Holy crap, They are proud of those Trin$$$ kits!

Edited by FASTOYS

cool, that's the stuff we need. now the problem I face is that I don't wear them out or break them (much) but I burn them. I have a lockout and don't want stiffer springs so increased surface area is the answer. Jeff pm me the price for your clutch without springs if you would. thank you

ding ding ding!  winner winner!! Rnbrad gets the prize! If I recall correctly, the fibers (material) has a wider footprint mated to its steel surface. Obviously the material and gripping capability of it will play the biggest roll in reducing slippage which you also want longevity in the material as well. Most aftermarket fibers and steels are definitly wider than stock

The steels are full round where as the stock steels are thinned in one spot!

The fibers have a wider footprint as the stock fibers are narrower for the rubber cusions to fit inside which allows for more gripping surface on your pressure plates!

The springs , well they are just plain to weak on stock and well ....... Ours are just plain stronger!

I thought the ?s would of stopped here :

QUOTE(FASTOYS @ Nov 29 2005, 05:49 AM)

The friction plates and steels we use are much wider than stock for more seating/gripping area. And the springs are not the wimpy little +10% heavier springs some of the other kits use. 

Cam2, thanks for the pic. from the Trinity website as i think that will clear up ALL the ?s and the myths!!!!!!! :clap:  I wish i would of had a stock fiber laying around for the pic.

Holy crap, They are proud of those Trin$$$  kits!

443970[/snapback]

thats fine and what not

yeah most kits are way better than stock. when you can buy a 30 dollar tusk kit that is better than stock, then why shell out say 100 for a kit that is almost the same.

mean comparing aftermarket to aftermarket.

i dont see why the street bike one is the better one. sure over stock it is but compared to other aftermarket ones

I think this was mentioned earlier in the thread...... :confused:

I think the width jeff is refering to is the friction area on the plate..More surface area = more grip. Not the thickness of the plate.

It did sound kinda confusing tho.

443345[/snapback]

Edited by 23champ

so the street bike clutch has more width than say a barnett, ebc, tusk kit???

wish some one hard pic comparing all these setups. adn could mic them and see the difference

444197[/snapback]

Sounds like a good research project for you...especially since you seem to be the only one left that's doubting what people are telling you....you ask, they answer, you still don't want to believe...find out for yourself!

Sounds like a good research project for you...especially since you seem to be the only one left that's doubting what people are telling you....you ask, they answer, you still don't want to believe...find out for yourself!

444202[/snapback]

just to clear up any confusion the thread i started is entitled " tusk vs. fzr fibers " so hes not the only one doubting the tusk is different than the fzr fibers , i already stated i checked all dimensions and they are dead equal ,anyone who has a valid arguement to this claim will surely post up the specs of each to dispute me.. cause they are without a doubt completely identical ,now thats not saying billy bobs or sallys super duper clutch kit isnt worth a shit or the stock clutch is this or that . :cheers:

Edited by rocketboy