TUSK VS. FZR1000 FIBERS

rocketboy

i own a cub and wanted the best clutch setup so i recently have done a shit load of research on here and planet sand etc.got the exact/ correct yamaha part numbers i n the last month and took it upon myself and ordered up genuine FZR1000 yamaha fibers $$$$ with the heavy springs and such . i removed my 29$ tuck clutch kit and noticed they appeared exactly identical i n every way , i grabbed my digital calipers and theyre in fact exactly the same dimensions to .001 of an inch in every way shape and form , :angry: pressed coated cork material is the same ,i check parts/gauges peices/ molds every day for 10 hours a day for last 14 years so im pretty confident in my findings here. can someone please enlighten me how or why these fibers have been touted as being so fuckin great and the so called" hot setup" for drag banshees when theyre totally identical to stock and tusk fibers? from now on id recommend a stock(or tusk) clutch with all 6 hD springs.. cause apparently theres nothing better for us :confused:

i  own a cub and wanted the best clutch setup so i recently have done a shit load of research on here and  planet sand etc.got the exact/ correct yamaha part numbers  i n the last month  and took it upon myself and ordered up  genuine FZR1000 yamaha  fibers $$$$ with the heavy springs and such . i removed my 29$ tuck clutch kit and noticed they appeared exactly identical  i n every way  , i grabbed my digital calipers and theyre in fact exactly the same dimensions to .001 of an inch in every way shape and form , :angry:  pressed coated cork material is the same ,i check parts/gauges peices/ molds  every day for 10 hours a day for last 14 years so im pretty confident in my findings here. can someone  please  enlighten  me how or why these fibers have been touted as being so fuckin great and the so called" hot setup" for drag banshees when theyre totally identical to stock and tusk fibers? from now on id recommend a stock(or tusk)  clutch with all 6 hD springs.. cause apparently theres nothing better  for us  :confused:

442589[/snapback]

You mean the cheapest clutch is the best?  Awesome. :headbang:

442610[/snapback]

And My Mom always says that the cheapest thing will sooner or later be expensier that the most expensive one! so i guess shes wrong :confused::yank:

I cant speak for the Tusk kits other than what i have heard on here (some have tried them with modified motors with no luck) but our F.A.S.T. clutch kits are NOT like stock for sure!!

I dont use the oem fzr fibers/steels so maybe that is where the different findings come from im not sure.

The friction plates and steels we use are much wider than stock for more seating/gripping area. And the springs are not the wimpy little +10% heavier springs some of the other kits use.

If those work for you im glad but i do know that most all the fastest bikes in the country have the setup like we sell and there IS a reason for it! Seems like a lot of shops sell the kits kind of like ours for $130.00. Damn that is high compared to $95.00 ! I do also know they our alot better than Barnetts as we have tried them and replaced a ton of them. They also wont muddy up the tranny oil like Kevlar barnetts do! :(

I think Loco has tried Tusk and F.A.S.T. Clutches , I dont see him going back to tusk for sure!! If he cant tear em up nobody can !! LOL :jesterlaugh:

I haven't had any problems with my tusk setup, and would recommend them to any rec rider. Then again my engine setup is half the HP of some. If I had higher HP I wouldn't hesitate to spend more on a clutch, HP is nothing if it can't get to the ground. I was thinking the only tusk clutches that the Clarks ran where in Stephen's 450 but I could be wrong.

i'm pretty sure the fzr clutches use stronger fibers.my big reed motor eats up clutches.i tried different barnett clutches and the carbon fiber one actually lasted the longest.i ran fzr clutch fibers and they ran much better but would still tend to slip off the line a bit .now i got a lockup and almost any clutch will work when you use one of these.my sons passion motor will destroy a clutch in one or two 500 ft passes so he runs fzr 1000 fibers and plates with a lock up and it works ok. also you should not run automotive oils and tranny fluids in them.

I think Loco has tried Tusk and F.A.S.T. Clutches ,  I dont see him going back to tusk for sure!!  If he cant tear em up nobody can !! LOL :jesterlaugh:

442782[/snapback]

ive tried tusk, ebc, barnet, and all them other clutches. they are all junk and overpriced for what u get(a POS clutch). id rather spend 95 for a clutch that will hold up which is the FAST clutch setup..been runnin mine now for a long time. been thru at least 8 hillclimbs, about 10 dyno runs, 2 dune trips, and lots of testing down in my field and it still feels the same as the day i put it in..ive never had any other clutch that long so if it burns up tomorrow ill still feel like it was well worth the money..ofcourse i know it wont. :D

i wonder if i can get one of these "f.a.s.t" clutches free of charge to do some testing on up here at the drags with the passion motor and the big reed motor in april when race season starts. :rotflmao: what alot of guys don't realize is when they're clutch gives them trouble alot of it could be in the pressure plate and inner clutch boss its self .they get worn and it does'nt take much wear to cause a clutch even a brand new one to slip.

not sure about all the different setups and fancy latest and greatest kits everyone is running or selling ...dont really care, all im saying is the famed fzr fibers are exactly same as the tusk fibers ,not trying to downplay anybodys handy dandy setup just stating a fact between the two clutch fibers.theres no mystery snake oil additives to the fzr ones, its the same cork material :dance: thsi isnt rocket science ,if anyone wants to tell me the dimensions of theyre fibers ill gladly compare them to my readings . to each his own :cheers: ,just thought some people would like to know about what theyre buying

we have tryed the tusk clutch in 2 differnt banshees. both of them were junk in 1 day of riding. yes they were built motors 50-60 hp.

you get what you payfor with a clutch!!!!!!!!

442897[/snapback]

weird. I put a full season on an 80HP bike with them. But I do run the Toomey springs. Got my 4mm cub running now too. I'll let you know when they start slipping, because a lockup ain't in the budget til next spring.

weird.  I put a full season on an 80HP bike with them.  But I do run the Toomey springs.  Got my 4mm cub running now too.  I'll let you know when they start slipping, because a lockup ain't in the budget til next spring.

442900[/snapback]

Word, I've been running my tusk since February with no problems at all. I'd bet I'm in that 50-60 hp range. I think Blueshee03 might be right that the clutch life is more adequately attributed to the condition of the other components, also maybe the installation and maintenance.

Word, I've been running my tusk since February with no problems at all. I'd bet I'm in that 50-60 hp range.  I think Blueshee03 might be right that the clutch life is more adequately attributed to the condition of the other components, also maybe the installation and maintenance.

442906[/snapback]

im sure thats true as well. but ive run those other clutches with brand new parts before with no luck. i will say that the tusk clutch in my bros 450 haslasted a long time and the barnett he had in there before lasted about 3 rides.