raptor 700r VS banshee!

like the man said - same amount of bucks into both (stock) and the shee will whip just about anythng...not to mention the shee's design is 20yrs old and the raptor 700R is not even 1yr old.... :yank:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the definitely more about the rider, I saw a 90lb kid whip ALOT of modded bikes at Silver Lake last year. He was on a stock piped shee, with 12? paddle haulers. He beat me on my 450 and the shee..... :shootself:

438378[/snapback]

I've raced him and there is no way he weighs 90 pounds, 70 soak and wet at best. He is fast, I won't argue that.

I don't think they will ever build a bike that likes to be tuned more than the Banshee.

The Raptor stock will definately beat it, so what, a lot of bikes will.

Give me a 1000 ft and we'll see who is the king of the dirt. Screw that 300 ft bullshit, all that shows to me is who hooks better, not who's faster. Give me a nice long lake run like a sled race and 99 times out of a hundred, I'll beat the 4 stroke.

I had to guess quite a bit of what chico typed, but I think I got the general idea.

I saw the kid 2 it is a white AND RED SHEE. He gets pulled to the dunes by a tractor.

Stock for stock the 700 Wins. Hell the 450 with a HRC kit will beat a stock she

I have a piped and piston banshee and a 450 gives me a run until 4rth gear.

well I rode with those guys today, I wasnt impressed with the new raptor. I raced them several times and even rode one several times and they just dont seem to have much power. I think the yfz450 has more power than the raptor and it still handles like the old raptor. So over all I think you would have to pipe the bike and go with some better shocks to get a good bike. Of course thats just my $0.02.

Had a Drag with a 700 Raptor, and all I can tell you There isnt a real big difference between the 700r and the 660r.

The one i raced was piped but even though i managed to beat it in 5 races didnt loose single one suprisingly.

I had the banshee fitted with trinity pipes, and wiesco Air filleters. but then again i got the limited 2003 banshee. :bolt:

Hmm,

My experience with a stock 700R on tarmac is that its verry fast.

It suprized me.

I rode the stock 700R and if the prices ever come close to the price of a banshee

I will absolutly trade my 2 stroke with a 4 stroke.

nice low end power, stunning mid power, lacking in the upper rpms.

And i would have NEVER said that a year ago.

700R over a 450 in my book. (on tarmac)

.. its a good thing prices wont ever come near those of a shee .. :headbang:

Just for the record, my banshee was faster.

but the 700R really suprized me, its alot faster then a 660R

Had a Drag with a 700 Raptor, and all I can tell you There isnt a real big difference between the 700r and the 660r.

The one i raced was piped but even though i managed to beat it in 5 races didnt loose single one suprisingly.

I had the banshee fitted with trinity pipes, and wiesco Air filleters. but then again i got the limited 2003 banshee. :bolt:

440070[/snapback]

haveing the limited edition dosent make your bike any faster it just changes the color but then again some people think its faster. so think what you want and get a pink power band to go with it.

Edited by kw04

But then again limited has its advatage of beeing more $. and just being limited. This tells the bitch racing against to stay as far back as possible if he dont wanna get smoked by a less powerful machine.... maybe not more powerful but yet faster..

sorry forgot to mention the V-vorce 2 reeds, wiesco lit pistons, crank, and cool head :drool: