mx motor

macgillivary

alright so over the winter or next rebuild i wanna make my motor more for mx

i got all the bolt ons i need

its an open class so anything goes here, sucks though pros race against ams, just a quad class no serperate classes

anyways would a 4mm or some stroker be suitable having never riden one or know what kind of power they produce i really have no clue

possibly a big bore, not cubs but something a bit more rideable, i have no clue about the trex motor but they have powervalves that would beef up the bottem end, or do cubs have powervalves too? myself i didnt think they did, but cubs are more for draggin, i never seen them or trex cylinders on a trail or mx bike

or would the best setup be stock stroke stock jugs and going with an eric gorr port

thanks i really appreciate it

and remember its an open class so anything goes here, no restrictions

I have a Gorr port, Pro Circuits, stock bore(honed when ported), new rings, stock pistons, stock crank, and a Noss head w/21's. When I originally got the Gorr port, I had T-5's. I personally like the Pro Circuits I have now over the T-5's, but the T-5's would work. If I were completely re-doing the motor I would go w/PC's. They are a much cheaper pipe, and I feel perform better than the T-5's with the port. If money is not an issue, I'd possible look into PTR mid's. I have a 2 into 1 34mmPJ instead of the 33mm's. I'm sure the dual 33's would have more performance. But I just can't give up rejetting my bike within 5 minutes. My motor has more than enough power for the track I'm riding. I've pulled plenty of great holeshots, and I have to say, the motor is getting me up there. I have one of the holeshots in the videos. My motor is the best, cheapest way to go about building an MX motor. BUT, that doesn't necessarily mean Gorr is the only place to look. You can easily build a motor that's faster than mine, but not for the money. If I had a bigger budget, I would look into Patriot's portwork, Wiseco pistons, with 33pwks (but that would be after the 250r geometry frame!). How much ya wanna spend?

Save up+get the 4mill mx stroker set up from Dan at Patriot.I've ridden many shee's with compairable porting.None came close to the useable power+overall performance of his set up.Currently i'm running t5's on mine+it still has mega bottom end with arm ripping topend too.Or for a little more money Dan will talk you into a 4 mill cub mx set up.That should take care of your needs+then some. :headbang:

I had a stock stroke Patriot MX RZ motor that ran great.  I have since moved to a +4 RZ motor and they both have great power.  The RZ jugs just come on ALOT sooner than stock jugs ever will.  For my type of riding PV jugs will be all I ever ride.

419529[/snapback]

what are all the components you need to run the RZ jugs?

and what did you do about a pipe setup, i mean fittin them to the bolts on rz jugs

LOL drag bike on the track, yup you sure would get noticed

It's not quite as bad as that list makes it out to be. The wiring takes some time, it's a complex harness. My new motor is a 12 port +4 RZ built to run on 110 so this thing really does pull hard out of the whole and screams on top.

PM for details. I don't want to start an pissing matches. B)

i dont doubt that passion makes tons of power

i live in Canada right, i debated using a template for a while, but nobody makes a lowend template

and i really really dont wanna send my jugs across borders but i broke down and was thinkin gorr

but if i could make an rz motor, parts on ebay, i dont mind receiving across borders i just hate sending them, powervalves would be sick

rockets uh oh, after seeing what they made in the other thread that sucks, and top end pipe on a mx'er, no way

i got some old school fmfs laying around here too,i heard those work with them? but ya gonna dent them a bit, thats no biggy with me there already dented up near the front

i dont doubt that passion makes tons of power

i live in Canada right, i debated using a template for a while, but nobody makes a lowend template

and i really really dont wanna send my jugs across borders but i broke down and was thinkin gorr

but if i could make an rz motor, parts on ebay, i dont mind receiving across borders i just hate sending them, powervalves would be sick

rockets uh oh, after seeing what they made in the other thread that sucks, and top end pipe on a mx'er, no way

i got some old school fmfs laying around here too,i heard those work with them? but ya gonna dent them a bit, thats no biggy with me there already dented up near the front

419789[/snapback]

If you don't wanna run PT High revs, then run the Mids. One of the best pipes out IMO.