fuck me.

iceman

according to the nasa fastener design manual, they can be resusd up to 3 times.

and maybe you should lift some weights or buy an impact.  sheesh.

414528[/snapback]

I had no idea.

I've always been told (not by any Nasa scientists though) that you shouldn't reuse a nyloc and expect it to perform.

Thats good to know.

• 3 weeks later...
I had no idea.

I've always been told (not by any Nasa scientists though) that you shouldn't reuse a nyloc and expect it to perform.

Thats good to know.

420212[/snapback]

we use them several times on our helicopters, the best way to tell if time to change it is when you can twist it all the way down with your fingers.If the nut is still good you should only be able to twist it a few threads with fingers. Now I dont work for nasa but I stayed at a Holiday inn express lastnight.

we use them several times on our helicopters, the best way to tell if time to change it is when you can twist it all the way down with your fingers.If the nut is still good you should only be able to twist it a few threads with fingers. Now I dont work for nasa but I stayed at a Holiday inn express lastnight.

428213[/snapback]

Shit...I'm sure you know about them if you're doing any type of wrenching on a ghetto bird/life flight helicopter....

I'd trust you over some nasa scientist. At least YOU are flying in the contraption you are working on, not sitting behind a desk with a tie and a cup of coffee saying "That shouldn't have happened....."

• 4 weeks later...

Must say I probably did one of the dumbest things ever the other day at Glamis. Me and my buddies were on our way back from Olds comming through the washes, at wash 4 i got caught up in my buddies dust and when i cut to the left to get out of it there was a bush!! Went right through it bike went up on 2 wheels my foot slipped and went under the bike at which point i got thrown off. After I hit the ground the bike went off to the right for a good 50 feet and finally cut off. Thankfully i walked away with only a sprained ankle and a bruised ego. Only damage to the shee was that i dented the front bumper. I guess shit happens but damn I feel dumb as shit. banghead

Edited by myscreemingbanshee

nah the rim is gone.  i think i can use the hub but i might be interested in the durablues.  theyre better than stock arent they?  i shouldve bought a torque wrench.  i also probably shouldve used any wrench.  they were hand tightened and thats probably why they came off.

414758[/snapback]

u hand tightened them wow ur banshee needs a new owner

This is just a thought but have you ever seen a rim that has been drilled to fit 2 different bolt patterns? If you feel your rim is screwed up then you have nothing to lose. Take your hub off and set it on the rim and mark your new holes and drill them. Just split the diffenence between the original holes. If you screw up you were getting a new rim anyway.

Must say I probably did one of the dumbest things ever the other day at Glamis.  Me and my buddies were on our way back from Olds comming through the washes, at wash 4 i got caught up in my buddies dust and when i cut to the left to get out of it there was a bush!!  Went right through it bike went up on 2 wheels my foot slipped and went under the bike at which point i got thrown off.  After I hit the ground the bike went off to the right for a good 50 feet and finally cut off.  Thankfully i walked away with only a sprained ankle and a bruised ego.  Only damage to the shee was that i dented the front bumper.  I guess shit happens but damn I feel dumb as shit.  banghead

437981[/snapback]

OK may i ask, out of this entire thread that everyone is talking about a rim and hub, what the fuck does this have to do with anything?