fuck me.

iceman

my brand new rim and tire set up was going great until today. i dont have a torque wrench so i just bolt them down to what i think is good and i check them from time to time. today i forgot to check them. when the bike started wobbling on one side i jumped off and looked at the rim. totally fucked. the hub fucked. its fucked. i cant believe i did this because i was just reading about it happening to someone else. so now i gotta get a new rim and a new hub. at least its only one and not all of them. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR BOLTS!!!!!!

it was the rears. the studs are stripped and bent a little. and the rim holes are like ovals now. just the left rear. any idea where i can get just a rim? and i have no clue what offset the other is. how do i figure that out? i think im going to get a set of new rear hubs while im replacing one. i feel like such a failure.

Ok heres what you do

1 get new or used studs

2 fuck the wheel it will be fine as long as u use the stock washer behind the nut.

I used to run honda bolt pattern rear wheels which meant the holes had to be reamed out a little bit.

i have a set of durablue rear hubs ill trade you for your stockers if ur interested

Forgot to add get a ratchet with an extension and tighten the wheels nuts as tight as possible. Your not going to strip them. Ive used an air impact and tested this thoery.

Edited by 02bluemxshee

Ok heres what you do

1 get new or used studs

2 fuck the wheel it will be fine as long as u use the stock washer behind the nut.

I used to run honda bolt pattern rear wheels which meant the holes had to be reamed out a little bit.

i have a set of durablue rear hubs ill trade you for your stockers if ur interested

Forgot to add get a ratchet with an extension and tighten the wheels nuts as tight as possible. Your not going to strip them. Ive used an air impact and tested this thoery.

414330[/snapback]

I agree with the replacing of the studs instead of getting new hubs, but other than that I think you are an idiot. If the holes in the wheel are oval then replace the wheel. If you use an impact on my wheel nuts I will kick yours. :o

I agree with the replacing of the studs instead of getting new hubs, but other than that I think you are an idiot.  If the holes in the wheel are oval then replace the wheel.  If you use an impact on my wheel nuts I will kick yours.  :o

414395[/snapback]

Why is that. Have you ever tried it.

Yea I can see if the holes are huge ovals big enough for the nut to slip out of, yea I'd replace it

But, some people dont have that kinda money to buy a brand new wheel if the holes are a little ovaled.

Lemme know if you have any ovaled wheels. I have enough balls to run them. :evil:

nah the rim is gone. i think i can use the hub but i might be interested in the durablues. theyre better than stock arent they? i shouldve bought a torque wrench. i also probably shouldve used any wrench. they were hand tightened and thats probably why they came off.