DUAL REAR SHOCK SETUP?

sanddragon2004

PCT, your bike is insane. ive seen a lot of it on PS..ive got the red fullbore raptor with 600rr motor in it..did i see that you were starting to sell turbo efi kits for the busa? wonder how hard itd be to make it interchangeable with the 600rr??

also, welcome to the HQ :cheers:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you're saying is that if I added a second rear shock I could go that fast?  :confused:

446424[/snapback]

To be honest anything with less then 160ft of tq I dont see any real reason to go with the tandem rear shock setup.

It does give a very nice linear spring rate in crease, but on a stock banshee frame or a any frame for that matter that you would have to add a second shock tab and replace the swinger to do it, Its just not worth it. Unless you have a high tq motor.

PCT, your bike is insane. ive seen a lot of it on PS..ive got the red fullbore raptor with 600rr motor in it..did i see that you were starting to sell turbo efi kits for the busa? wonder how hard itd be to make it interchangeable with the 600rr??

also, welcome to the HQ :cheers:

446446[/snapback]

The turbo kit I run on the busa would be a problem on the 600cc engine, that gt35 turbo wouldnt spool for crap on that small of a motor. But you could use the same fuel system and fuel computer with smaller injectors, could put a small hybrid turbo together for your motor.

With the mc1 ignition and our fuel system you would gain about 11hp per psi of boost. Stock bottom end would prob only hold up to 8psi boost.

You would need some good turbo pistons, falicon crank and corrillo rods, heavy cylinder head studs and then you could boost 25+psi, that would get some attention

The turbo kit I run on the busa would be a problem on the 600cc engine, that gt35 turbo wouldnt spool for crap on that small of a motor. But you could use the same fuel system and fuel computer with smaller injectors, could put a small hybrid turbo together for your motor.

With the mc1 ignition and our fuel system you would gain about 11hp per psi of boost. Stock bottom end would prob only hold up to 8psi boost.

You would need some good turbo pistons, falicon crank and corrillo rods, heavy cylinder head studs and then you could boost 25+psi, that would get some attention

446504[/snapback]

damn it sure takes a lot to get the 4 strokes movin :whoa: have you finally got the bottom end worked out so u arent breakin parts anymore??

damn it sure takes a lot to get the 4 strokes movin :whoa: have you finally got the bottom end worked out so u arent breakin parts anymore??

446583[/snapback]

still working out some issues, We had drive line issues huge, chains snappin, sprockets rippin teeth off, counter shafts snappin off, trannys exploding.

But you dont make that kind of power without expecting a huge learning curve.

We went to a solid 40mm grade 1 titanium axle, that solved the chain problems and wheel hop problems, but the ti axle is so ridgid that its taking its tole on the tranny. We have tossed the 6spd and now are just finishing up on a 4spd gear box that has gears that take the same space as the 6spd so most the gears are at least 30% larger, we have also lowered the rockwell on the gears so they will have more give but less wear life, but hopefully they wont sheer like the old gear box did.

You say it takes alot to make a 4 stroke fast, well its true, but not just a 4 stroke, takes the two strokes alot to go fast too. but then again no two stroke has ever gone over 85mph up olds, we went 98mph without first gear, primary launch gear.

Takes alot to make anything go that fast, not to mention the rider is 230lbs wtih gear. I would like to see a two stroke break 80 with a 200lb rider.

Monkeyboy, FYI, a internal bypass king shock with a 13kg spring would scale at over 22lbs,thats not a little more. I would need to buy 13 springs to have 60% of the adjustment I have now with just the change of air pressure, not only that, if I changed the springs much in kg's with the kings the rebound would be jacked. So I would have to revalve, the fox internal valving chamber compinsates for added air pressure there for when you add large amounts of air the rebound also increases so its lenear.

So keep on pretending you know suspension, your fooling the majority.

Oh ohh burrrn......

great quad you built there, and welcome to bhq, hope to see you posting more. I have alot of questions about every little thing :cheers:

Edited by Meat

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't a 750cc triple do 86 up olds?  I'm sure another 250cc and it'd clear a 100mph, but thats just me.

447309[/snapback]

keep in mind we went that fast without 1st gear, thats our take off gear, bike has a 78mph roll out at 12500rpm in first gear. so to leave in a gear that has a 122mph roll out is a bit tough. There is also a few 1000+cc tripples that have not broke 85mph.

We have only made 4 passes up olds so give us some time to dial it in, see what kind of speed we get with 1st gear working and the right gearing.

i couldn't imagine tryin to hang on to that beast....there's a guy here name koon who had a turbo on his 04 busa....rode it once...once was enough.....damn that bitch is wild!!!! congrats and hope u get the bugs worked out.

my buddy drags...pro mod busa's and runs billet trannies...if interested pm me and i'll get u hooked up with him.

• 1 month later...
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't a 750cc triple do 86 up olds?  I'm sure another 250cc and it'd clear a 100mph, but thats just me.

447309[/snapback]

Now that we have gotten our first gear operational we have gone 106.1mph up olds, The 1100cc tripple only managed 89mph, so I think the extra100cc wont net him 20mph!

:unsure:

I have read your posts about my duel rear shock design, I have seen alot of question but no one has understood why.

Two shocks side by side work on the same motion ratio, one shock requires to much primary spring to squat on initial launch to get the bike to transfer weight.

Without a link and tons of leverage ratio testing.

So by putting two shocks on in tandem now the shocks work in two different motion ratios, there for the progression is increased by 80% with the same spring rate. Now one shock can carry the weght of the bike and sustain ride height why the other comes into its high spring progression in a later stroke.

There for when the 326ft of tq the motor produces doesnt just pull the suspension to full compression instantly. Now as for the shocks weight, Andy made a mistake, the shocks are 1.8lbs each. With setup i can go from a 2kgmm spring to a 14kgmm spring without having to remove the shocks, spend 20 min setting sag and preload.

I can also set my ride height with a secondary internal air spring so now the bikes ride height can change 2.8 inches without changing the spring rate at all.The last thing is I gain 40% rebound power without changing the rebound speed.

So for you home schooled rocket scientists, maybe you can think outside the box.

Stop beatin on people who bring new concepts to the table and push the envalope to new levels.

If you think you know suspension ,try setin up a 500+hp motor with 326ft of tq and 16 inches of travel, then add a 17lbs chain and 160mph wheel speeds.

See what you come up with?

Monkeyboy, FYI, a internal bypass king shock with a 13kg spring would scale at over 22lbs,thats not a little more. I would need to buy 13 springs to have 60% of the adjustment I have now with just the change of air pressure, not only that, if I changed the springs much in kg's with the kings the rebound would be jacked. So I would have to revalve, the fox internal valving chamber compinsates for added air pressure there for when you add large amounts of air the rebound also increases so its lenear.

So keep on pretending you know suspension, your fooling the majority.

Also, the banshee long travel kit has less then a 1/4 of pump steer in a 13" range of motion, also only scrubs 1.6" per side, thats gonna handle just fine.

446284[/snapback]

playing in the sand is neeto put that bike on a motocross track or better yet enter any of the baja races on that bike.............. and you spell envalope.........envelope........

playing in the sand is neeto put that bike on a motocross track or better yet enter any of the baja races on that bike.............. and you spell envalope.........envelope........

464276[/snapback]

Now why in the hell would someone build a machine like this and want to put it on an mx track? That would be like telling John Force to put his car on a go-cart track. Think outside the box. I don't think this Suzuki is the dual sport model.

464276[/snapback]

I have two wheelers for mx, and a 2.9 mile outdoor national calibar mx track in my front yard so Why build a quad with 500hp to play on a mx track.

Do you guys want vids of it? I have some from 4-stroke wars.... I feel like im in the twilight zone.. had no idea that the bike i kept takin pics/vids of at the wars was an HQ'ers bike.. that thing was smoking fast! Just stumpled upon this topic and was like "wait a min, I've seen that bike before"