DUAL REAR SHOCK SETUP?

sanddragon2004

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

maybe its not needed, im sure alot of things that have been built are not needed. like its not really needed to have long travel suspension on a quad but it sure is nice to have.

he he.

that bike was thrown together and put in th etrailer for the races at fallon. It was on its maden voyage, pretty much ran what was available at the time, New plastics will be on it next time out. after the motor is put back together.

• 2 months later...

:unsure:

Thats how much the rear Marvin Comp with a coil over weighs.

Not too bad. :)

402394[/snapback]

I have read your posts about my duel rear shock design, I have seen alot of question but no one has understood why.

Two shocks side by side work on the same motion ratio, one shock requires to much primary spring to squat on initial launch to get the bike to transfer weight.

Without a link and tons of leverage ratio testing.

So by putting two shocks on in tandem now the shocks work in two different motion ratios, there for the progression is increased by 80% with the same spring rate. Now one shock can carry the weght of the bike and sustain ride height why the other comes into its high spring progression in a later stroke.

There for when the 326ft of tq the motor produces doesnt just pull the suspension to full compression instantly. Now as for the shocks weight, Andy made a mistake, the shocks are 1.8lbs each. With setup i can go from a 2kgmm spring to a 14kgmm spring without having to remove the shocks, spend 20 min setting sag and preload.

I can also set my ride height with a secondary internal air spring so now the bikes ride height can change 2.8 inches without changing the spring rate at all.The last thing is I gain 40% rebound power without changing the rebound speed.

So for you home schooled rocket scientists, maybe you can think outside the box.

Stop beatin on people who bring new concepts to the table and push the envalope to new levels.

If you think you know suspension ,try setin up a 500+hp motor with 326ft of tq and 16 inches of travel, then add a 17lbs chain and 160mph wheel speeds.

See what you come up with?

Monkeyboy, FYI, a internal bypass king shock with a 13kg spring would scale at over 22lbs,thats not a little more. I would need to buy 13 springs to have 60% of the adjustment I have now with just the change of air pressure, not only that, if I changed the springs much in kg's with the kings the rebound would be jacked. So I would have to revalve, the fox internal valving chamber compinsates for added air pressure there for when you add large amounts of air the rebound also increases so its lenear.

So keep on pretending you know suspension, your fooling the majority.

Also, the banshee long travel kit has less then a 1/4 of pump steer in a 13" range of motion, also only scrubs 1.6" per side, thats gonna handle just fine.

Edited by PCT

oooh weee that thing is bad, but my skrimp on the plastics?

404982[/snapback]

Chain did have alot of slack in it, that was the old 530drz ek drag chain, that broke like butter at 100mph, just put it backtogether to get back to camp.

here is a pic of the new setup, 630shb top fuel drag chain rated at 18,900lbs with the new swinger, compair the chain to the one on the cr450 in the back ground.

Chain did have alot of slack in it, that was the old 530drz ek drag chain, that broke like butter at 100mph, just put it backtogether to get back to camp.

here is a pic of the new setup, 630shb top fuel drag chain rated at 18,900lbs with the new swinger, compair the chain to the one on the cr450 in the back ground.

446288[/snapback]

the rear drive system, Solid Titanium grade 1 axle, quad pinch wheel hubs with heavy 5 pinch Ti neckel sprocket drive.

the reason the plastic is still in shambles is we are still working the bugs out of the bike, it has had major drive line and trany problems.

Once we have it all sorted out we will put the painted plastics on it.

Here is a pic of the front end

446291[/snapback]

Ok sorry to tell you, but you spent entirely too much money (and time) on that thing :rotflmao:

So hows it run? got any times?

I'm sure everybody thought Sundahl's shee was crazy until they saw him run it in the desert. I guess all you need to do is post up some vids of how good or bad that system works, pics aren't cutting it.

446397[/snapback]

I think all you need to do is come to 4 stroke wars and watch it go in person.

we went 98.2mph up the far right side of olds on t-day, 117mph on the far left of olds, andrews 588cid merlin motor powered long travel rail hit 71mph with a half parking lot run at the hill, guess it has to work to get to those speeds?

I think all you need to do is come to 4 stroke wars and watch it go in person.

we went 98.2mph up the far right side of olds on t-day, 117mph on the far left of olds, andrews 588cid merlin motor powered long travel rail hit 71mph with a half parking lot run at the hill, guess it has to work to get to those speeds?

446415[/snapback]

So what you're saying is that if I added a second rear shock I could go that fast? :confused: