Cheetah Cub

superbanshee03

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the cubs we did for YFZ's 450 buddy dynoed at 92hp and 50 trq on a stingy dyno! BUT the bad thing was that he only got 2 pulls on it before the clutch rod/ball welded so the motor actually wasnt even warmed up and jetted correctly yet. Tip: DONT pull the clutch in after a dyno run until the rpms come down!!!! There is way more power in those Cubs with different pipes, jetting, etc..! We never got to try the BIG Bore pipes as that was with small bores. They do run hard right out of the box but there is definetly room in them for each builder to find improvement just not as much as stock cyls. I rode that bike at the dunes a couple weeks ago WOW , he needs to go back to the dyno now that it is tuned in. THat thing is a F.A.S.T. mofo!!!!!!Very impressive!! Im sure whoever you choose to build you one you will be happy.

i think he bought them plain and had the chromed 

they look 1000 better than the reg chrome on shearers

391746[/snapback]

Yeah... just ordered them raw and had a local chromer do the chroming. Way better results! The acorn nuts are something that Dan did as a little extra for me. Didnt even ask, he just did it (like the extra gasket kit,allen heads in the float bowls after he pre-jetted my carbs, extra bling in my paint for the cases, extra fuel lines, etc.). Like I said before in other posts, Dan just goes the extra mile for his customers.

gotta give a nod to Cameron at Redline

sharp guy that kinda flies under the radar.  he and dan @ patriot are pretty tight, or so I've heard.

392200[/snapback]

I'll also give a nod to Cameron too. Met him a few weeks ago. Runs a pretty tight ship over there!

• 3 weeks later...
That's with shearer big bore inframes, 36 PWKs bored to a 38.6, +6 timing, 60/40 race/ pump fuel, cub cylinders with just a little clean up port...

Why the bigbore's? I thought the small bores were better up to like a 460. :shrugani:

• 5 weeks later...